Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Beistle Company - German Alpine Hat Adult
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on September 21, 2013
This isn't some kiddie sized costume hat. I wear a 7 5/8 baseball cap (on the larger end of the scale) and this hat fits perfectly. It features rigid construction that keeps the hat in its appropriate form. And it was shipped separately with plenty of protective air cushion packing material. I had to return a bavarian/alpine style hat from a different seller because it was crushed during shipping. But not this one! It arrived a day before its estimated delivery date too. This weekend's Oktoberfest party should be awesome!
on November 19, 2010
Got this for a halloween outfit for my son. It's good quality and really cute. It's definitely adult size though. I couldn't find it in a kid's size.
on November 17, 2010
They shipped it and i got it only days after it shipped, when it arrived the hat was in a nice big box and was completely great (not crushed at all). I would definately order from here again
on September 9, 2015
Bought two hats, one for me and one for my husband for an Oktoberfest party. The hat was maybe a little big on me, but stayed on my head just fine and I was happy not to have a mark on my forehead when I took it off. It fit my husband perfectly (maybe he has a large head?). We got LOTS of compliments on the hats. They really don't look cheap, though of course they do not look like authentic hats that cost upwards of $60. At this price, they were a great purchase and served their function well!
review image
on January 23, 2013
This hat is for costume only. Made of cardboard. Just to let you know in case you are actually looking for an everyday hat like this one.
on December 28, 2015
Bought this as a gift for my brother. I invited him to a local Oktoberfest celebration and talked him into dressing up to defend his Stein Holding title. They fill steins with water and everyone holds them straight out for as long as they can. Last man, or woman still holding their arm straight is the winner. He won last year and was talking all kinds of trash on the internet. I told him he has to dress up if he wants to be legit, so I got him this hat and a shirt that made him look the part.

The hat itself is of a quality better than expected. It does not have that costume store feel to it and is comfortable to wear. The size runs on the larger side which is a positive. My brother's head is huge, just like his stein holding ego. And, it's deserved. He beat the entire field with a time of 19m 25s and looked good doing it.
review image review image
on November 17, 2012
It is pressed felt or cardboard but looks much better than similar hats in the Halloween store. However, I don't think that most real German's would wear it out in public.
on October 9, 2012
For around $10, you can't beat the quality or the look. It definitely was the finishing touch my Oktoberfest outfit needed at just the right price.
on May 27, 2016
This product was purchased to accompany the Leg Avenue Men's 3 piece Oktoberfest Lederhosen. We were throwing a sausage party with bratwurst, hotdogs, chili dogs and Italian sausage sandwiches and I thought lederhosen would be perfect. That's probably because I wasn't wearing the Lederhosen. And really - I was much happier with the hat than the Lederhosen.
This hat - well I wanted the same hat Chevy Chase wore in National Lampoons European Vacation during the Bavarian dance scene. This wasn't quite there but it was close enough and the effect was perfect. Because everyone wants to get their Griswold on.
The hat itself is very well made. Surprisingly well made actually. I wasn't expecting it to be this nice at this price. The fit was perfect and I see this hat lasting a lot longer than the Lederhosen. But that's a whole 'nother story.
So if you are looking for the perfect hat for your costume, or your trip to Oktoberfest, look no further. This beauty will work perfectly. I'm not sure you want to wear it on your next trip to Bavaria but that's your call.
on October 30, 2012
The hat is great. It looks really authentic - I am German. My boys wore it for International Day at school - and they loved it. The feather and the band around it make it even better.

See 1 answered question