Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Platform: Nintendo DS|Change
Price:$4.00+ $3.99 shipping

VINE VOICEon January 19, 2010
I am the rare player who has never played Bejeweled - until this arrived. I have played three-in-a-row games and have gotten attuned to them and having fun.

I did not realize the shift in thinking, planning and playing that Bejeweled Twist would require. Though it too is a three-in-a-row game, the process of getting there is more like going from two dimensions to three. (I know the analogy isn't exact, but a better one doesn't come to mind.)

The big change was obviously rotating four, rather than two, gems around an axis. The second change that I had to remind myself of often was that each "move" did not have to result in a "three-in-a-row" match being made. I could plan several moves ahead to get gems lined up for (hopefully) four or more matched.

The biggest change was getting used to the bomb gems ticking down - and rather quickly I thought! I found myself having tunnel vision and not checking the entire board often enough to notice the bombs soon enough.

The graphics were well done and the controls and play went smoothly with the stylus. The tutorial left a lot to be desired. It assumed the "new" player already had a considerable knowledge of this type of game. The manual was similarly lacking.

There seems to be enough levels to keep a player busy for quite a while and the replay value should also be large. That's a lot of fun for the price.

For older players, this game requires quick thinking and quick fingers for the normal mode of play. BUT, and this is a huge "but" (one "t"), there is a "Zen" option that allows play without the bombs and pressure.

Play for the fun of playing - a concept that game designers should allow in all games. Put in the requirements for unlocking stuff for those who want them; but allow others to unlock everything and just play the game. Everyone's happy. Designers, think - more sales.

Five stars of fun plus one star for the "Zen" option, but minus one star for the lack of decent explanations.
33 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Platform: Nintendo DS|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am a HUGE fan of Bejeweled. I play it on my iPod Touch and on my computer, both the Blitz version on Facebook and the standard Bejeweled PC version. It's one of those games that you can easily get lost in for an hour or more. When I ordered Bejeweled Twist I knew that it would be different than the other versions I'm used to playing, because of the "Twist". Luckily it wasn't so different that I didn't love it just as much.

When you begin there are 2 modes of play open; Classic and Zen. I decided to try classic first as I assumed that it would be most like what I was familiar with. Immediately I found out what the "Twist" was! Instead of sliding the gems around to match up, this has you rotating 4 gems clockwise to make your matches. The nice part about this change is that you can rotate them even if it doesn't make a match, which allows you to set up your next move. I have to admit that it threw me for quite a loop and I had to take my time to get used to the new controls. (Note: The initial settings have it at 2 taps to rotate, but I changed it to 1 tap which I prefer for speed.)

Once I felt like I had gotten the hang of it I moved on to Zen and it was in this mode and about 30 minutes of play that I was able to open up the third level; Challenge. And it was there that Pop Cap had me HOOKED! In this mode you have different planets to choose from and each will provide a different "Challenge". Just a couple of examples are: 3x Cascading Gems, Clear 25 Gems in one move, Detonate 5 Lightning Gems in 5 Minutes, Clear 70 Gems in 20 moves, etc. In total there are 13 planets and each planet has 7 challenges for a total of 91 additional games! Last night I played one challenge for over 2 hours and still didn't complete it.

Overall this is a fantastic new version of Bejeweled! Pop Cap made some great updates and new features that make this game a MUST HAVE for any fan. Add in the reasonable pricing and the amount of play you can expect to get and you can't go wrong in buying this.
on January 22, 2010
Addictive & a Game You Have In Your Game Library Forever.

I have been waiting for this game for quite some time now. The DS has had many Bejeweled knockoffs like: Seven Wonders, Quest Trio, Jewel Master, etc. The list goes on and on for the Nintendo DS. Of course, i wanted the original. I never had Bejeweled on the PC, but i downloaded a free Demo on the PS3 and was disappointed with it because you can only rotate and move the jewels left, right, up, or down. Sometimes you won't have three of the same jewels in a sequence and of course the aim of the game is to line them up. Unfortunately, i would constantly get a pop up error message saying that i am not allowed to move the jewel here or there unless there all the same & in groups of three. Needless to say, i gave up.

I picked up Bejeweled Twist for the DS & i LOVE it. I am in pure game heaven. You get three different modes: Original, Zen, and Challenge mood. This is different from the one i played on the PS3 because you are allowed to rotate the jewels in groups of four which in my opinion makes things so much easier. This game reminds me a lot of Tetris and it's an addictive puzzle game that will keep you entertained for hours. Whether it is on a train ride to work or a long plane ride to your next destination - this will be the game that you want to have with you on your journeys, so you don't get bored. A true must have portable game for your Nintendo DS. Thanks Nintendo. Loves ya much!
on January 20, 2010
My sister and I enjoy playing the fast and furious gem-matching fun game Bejeweled Twist. It's simple to play, yet insidiously addictive puzzle game. Challenge 'Normal' mode and you continue until you have no more legal moves. 'Time Trial' mode is even more exciting as you match gems to earn more time and clear the levels. Incredibly simple to learn yet tough to master, you owe it to yourself to have this dazzling classic in your games library. This game is fantastic fun for the entire family.
VINE VOICEon April 24, 2010
Platform: Nintendo DS|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Pros:

+ Fun and addictive
+ Unlockable gameplay modes
+ Two Player versus mode!

- Cons:
- I'm being challenged to vs. mode, I have to finish this review quick!

Now that Bejeweled Twist has come to the DS, it can go wherever we go!

If you're new to the Bejeweled world, don't worry - after you enter your name and choose a gameplay mode (either Classic or Zen), the "How to play" option gives a tutorial on how to start your gem-matching addiction.

As you begin the game, you start at the level of Trainee, with the following modes available:

"Classic" - This is the regular game of matching with bombs, coal, and locked gems.
"Zen" - This mode of play is at your leisure, with no worries about time limits or bombs.

The tutorial is interactive, and guides you through matching gems and filling up the Tube. After that, you rise to the rank of Graduate and head out to the next level.

As you play, you learn about the following:

Flame Gems (made by matching 4 gems in a row)
Lightning Gems (matching 5 gems in a row)
Coal Pieces (these can only be broken open with lightning or flame gems)
Locked Gems (these can't be moved, but can be matched!)
Bomb Gems (these must be matched before the timer expires)
Fruit Gems (these gems are created by maxing out the multiplier)

Once you earn enough stars, you can unlock the other two gameplay modes:

"Blitz" - Try to see how many points you can get with 5 minutes on the clock!
"Challenge" - This mode has challenges to test your skill as well as your patience, and each challenge has 7 levels to complete:

- Detonator
- Bonanza
- Survivor
- Voltage
- Enigma

All the modes from the PC version are here, but the DS version has an excellent extra - 2 player battle mode! You have to match gems quicker than your opponent - one wrong move, and you're history! Each person starts out with a basic spaceship icon, so while you earn victories; you earn upgrades to your ship as well.

My spouse has gotten so good at this game, she typically beats me every 3 out of 4 games we play!

This game has a little something for everyone:

Do you like playing for a high score? Head into Blitz mode.
Want to earn the rank of Spinner 1st class? Hit Classic mode.
Are you stressed out and just looking for some fun? Relax with Zen mode.
Itching to prove your smarts? Challenge mode is calling.
Want to prove your Gem-tastic skills? Take on another player in Battle Mode!

It's rated E for Everyone, so everyone can enjoy the pure fun this game has to offer. Whether you're staying in on a rainy day or carpooling to work, this game will keep you Twistin'!
on November 19, 2010
I hated this game. Perhaps my dislike stems from the fact that I was really hoping for something more like the original. Why did they have to ruin a good thing? I find it difficult to use the stylus to twist jewels to where you want them. It seems like I'm battling more with trying to actually rotate correctly rather than focusing on the actual game. It's disappointing. Obviously quite a few people do like this game, but I just became frustrated with the mechanics. I hope that Pop Cap will release the original game for DS in the future.
on March 4, 2013
Instead of lining things up like the original Bejeweled (which is not really an original game), you are now turning things to make lines. If you spent most of your work time playing the original Bejeweled, you'll need to learn new patterns for mastering this game, kind of like trying to learn stick shift.

Pros: only five people play this game. You'll definitely be on some type of leaderboard for a high score, no matter how bad you suck.
Cons: If only these jewels were real, you'd be out of student loan debt by now.
on February 14, 2012
Bejeweled Twist for the PC is a great game and loads of fun. It translates exceptionally well to the DS and continues to be a very fun game. The twist in this game allows the player to move 4 gems at a time instead of only 2 like in other versions of the bejeweled line. It takes a bit of getting used to the new strategy of moving 4 gems, but the game play is parcticularly cool as you create big block matches. Graphics are stunning and very cool music to boot. Multiple game modes allows for lots of replay and a new experience every time you play. You can also play a zen mode when you don't want the time stress of the game and just want to kick back and relax. A very solid-5 star recommendation for twisted fun.
on April 3, 2012
This game is addicting. I was a little hesitant to purchase it due to a couple bad reviews on the game, but my guess is that the people who didn't give it good ratings didn't take enough time to get used to the "twist". I've played multiple days for hours straight. There's not much to it - you twist the gems clockwise in groups of four to make matches. You get a game over when you let too many gem-bombs explode by not using them quickly enough. There are a couple different modes that you can play in with different goals to beat. Overall, I'm happy with the purchase. It was exactly what I was hoping for - easy to pick up and play when you have some extra time.
on September 8, 2013
Originally borrowed from my sister, but needed to have for my own. I enjoy it and play for hours or until the DS battery dies. Lots of variety and "fruit" challenges. Worth adding to my game collection.

See 1 answered question