Bel-Art F37112-0001 Disposable Polygon Spinbar Magnetic Alnico Stirring Bars; Teflon Coated, 25.4 x 8 mm (Pack of 100)
|Price:||$154.45 ($1.54 / Bars) & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Polygonal shape is smoother than an octagonal shape and creates more turbulence and a stronger vortex than a round, cylindrical shape
- Teflon (PTFE) casing is chemically inert, can be used with corrosive chemicals, and helps reduce friction and wear while spinning
- Smooth surface provides quicker cleanup and less risk of cross-contamination than bars with pivot rings and allows the bar to spin on the bottom of the container to disperse light sediment and air bubbles
- Internal magnet made from alnico V, an alloy of aluminum, nickel, iron, and cobalt
- Single-use stir bar can be disposed of after working with hazardous substances or when contamination is a concern
|Number of Items||100|
|Outside Diameter||0.313 inches|
|Overall Length||1 inches|
|Size||1 x 5/16"(25.4 x 8 mm)|
Specification for this product family
|Brand Name||Bel-Art Products|
|Material Type||PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene)|
Scienceware teflon disposable polygon spinbar magnetic stirring bar is Economically avoid cross c... See more product details
Save 5% when you subscribe to regular deliveries of this item. Save 15% on your entire delivery when you subscribe to 5 or more items that arrive in the same month. No commitments, no obligations, and shipping is FREE. Learn more
From the Manufacturer
Disposable Polygon Spinbar Magnetic Stir Bars
Disposable Polygon Spinbar Magnetic Stir Bars
The multifaceted magnetic stirring bar surface adds turbulence relative to similar size smooth cylindrical stirring bars.
- Ideal for single use applications mixing radioactive reagents or when cross contamination might be a concern
- Alnico magnet encapsulated in FDA Grade, USP Class VI PTFE low friction coating; durable and inert
- Manufactured in a registered ISO 9001:2008, as verified by SGS certification
Magnetic Stirring Bar Selection & Use
Magnetic stirring is used in a number of common laboratory procedures, yet the importance of selecting the best stirring bar for each particular application is often overlooked. The drive magnet, vessel shape, viscosity and abrasiveness of the materials should all be considered when choosing the size, shape and materials (coating and magnet) of the magnetic stirring bar in order to achieve effective, efficient stirring results.
First, let’s discuss magnetism. On the most basic level, we know that opposite poles attract. A magnetic stirrer has a drive magnet, generally a bar or U-shape made of a metallic alloy or a ceramic which rotates powered by a drive motor. The magnetic poles of the drive magnet are typically about two inches apart in bench top models, and can be up to six inches apart in larger units used to mix 50 gallons of liquid solution. For optimum magnetic coupling the distance between the magnetic poles of the drive magnet and the length of the stirring bar should be equal. Bars too long or too short in proportion to the drive magnet will not have optimum coupling which is important to reduce spinout.
Once a magnetic stirring bar has been placed in a container with solution, it should be positioned directly over the center of the drive magnet. The stirring speed should be increased slowly, until the desired vortex pattern is achieved. Should the magnetic stirring bar lose its coupling with the drive magnet because of the speed of the drive magnet, viscosity of the fluid, or an improperly selected stirring bar length, it is said to have 'spun-out.'
Vertical distance between the drive magnet and the stirring bar should be kept to a minimum for the best coupling and stirring efficiency. Therefore, the containing vessel should be as thin as practical.
The selection of the shape of the magnetic stirring bar also influences the resulting vortex in that multi-sided shapes may be more efficient in moving solutions and certain shapes have been designed to provide a tailored fit in specialty vessels such as test tubes, cuvettes and spectrophotometer cells.
Magnetic stirring bars are generally made of ALNICO (an alloy of aluminum, nickel, iron and cobalt) magnets encapsulated in an FDA approved PTFE coating. In addition, magnetic stirring bars also use high energy magnetic materials, such as Samarium Cobalt which increases strength of coupling with a drive magnet and helps to reduce spinout when mixing viscous solutions or mixing at high speeds.
Newer to the market, the Bel-Art Products Spinfinity magnetic stirring bars use ALNICO magnets encapsulated in plastic for increased durability in granular slurries.
|Use for General Stirring Applications||Use for High Temperature Stirring Applications||Use for Viscous Solutions High Speed Stirring Applications||Use for Abrasive Slurries Extended Stirring Applications|
|Brand / Type||Spinbar Teflon PTFE||Spinbar Pyrex Glass||Spinbar Rare Earth Samarium Cobalt||Spinfinity|
|Magnetic Type||Alnico||Alnico||Samarium Cobalt||Alnico|
|Covering||Teflon PTFE||Clear Pyrex Glass||Teflon PTFE||Plastic|
|Features / Benefits||Wide selection of shapes and sizes to fit vessels of all types; Individual shapes create different vortexes for efficient and effective stirring||Heated stirring applications up to 274°C (525°F)||Reliable Magnetic Coupling – Superior magnetic energy reduces frequency of spinout in the most vigorous applications||Durable – Last 2.5 to 3 times longer under conditions known to traditionally cause material breakdown|
|FDA grade Teflon PTFE low friction coating is durable and inert||Glass casing has zero absorption and porosity||FDA Grade Teflon PTFE low friction coating is durable and inert||Outer shell made from FDA approved materials|
|Color selection for color-coding work processes||Distinct Color – Green color lets you quickly identify Spinbar Rare Earth Samarium Cobalt||Distinct Color – Quickly identify the Spinfinity difference by its purple color|
Size: 1 x 5/16"(25.4 x 8 mm)
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Industrial & Scientific > Lab & Scientific Products > Lab Instruments & Equipment > Mixing & Blending Equipment > Stirrers, Mixers & Accessories > Magnetic Stir Bars
- Industrial & Scientific > Lab & Scientific Products > Lab Instruments & Equipment > Mixing & Blending Equipment > Stirrers, Mixers & Accessories > Magnetic Stirrers