I have gifted BELIEVE three times.
Once to a youthgroup kid who has a football injury and lost football scholarship abilities
Once to a youthgroup kid who is the son of the Sterling Middle School Principle
Published on October 5, 2012 by Gwen Eichhorn

3.0 out of 5 stars Mandatory Reading
This was mandatory summer reading for high school. Not a big fan of the book, but intend to give it away to someone else who might want it.
Published 14 months ago by Stuart J. Joseph

5.0 out of 5 stars Suicide survivor of 18yo linbacker son SAM",youthgroup supervisor FPC Sterling Colorado, October 5, 2012
This review is from: Believe: My Faith and the Tackle That Changed My Life (Hardcover)
I have gifted BELIEVE three times.
Once to a youthgroup kid who is the son of the Sterling Middle School Principle
And once to "Daniel", "SAM"S best friend and team mate. Sam died by suicide at the tender age of 18.Daniel and Sam were team mates on the Sterling Tigers football team. Sam was a linebacker,#54,and an all-american kid. Sam lost his life when he could no longer fight the demons of his mental illness ,bipolar disorder.Sam's 15yo old sister Faith is the youth elder at FPC in Sterling. Yesterday she headed to school in Sams favorite tennis shoes and a "Tebow in the City "teeshirt. She wears a size 12 shoe,fighting body image issues and trying to embrace her "Missy Franklin " size!
Kuddos to Timmy Tebow and Eric and Missy Frankin
Well done good and faithful servants! You guys rocked it!

Gwen Eichhorn
1-970-522-0328
suicide survivor
FPC youth gruop supervisor
living with and managing my own mental illness ,bipolar disorder

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, October 16, 2012
Just finished reading Believe, the book written by RU football player Eric LeGrand. Eric's spirit shines through this story. He is an incredible young man who is an inspiration tons many. Instead of self-pity, Eric is positive and up-beat and after reading this book, I too, Believe that he will some day walk again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Believe, December 1, 2012
I actually purchased this book for my 15 year old son. He was on the freshman high school football team this year and asked if I would get this for him. My son has finished the book and loved it. He would discuss certain parts of the book with me. He thinks of Eric Legrand as a true inspiration and hero. He believes that Eric will walk again one day. My son also tweeted Eric Legrand recently and was beyond thrilled when he tweeted him back. I am a 41 year old mother and now I am going to read it also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming Story of someone Who Won't Give Up, November 5, 2012
This is a heartwarming story of someone, who faced with an extreme difficulties, just won't give up. The story tells of his thoughts and feelings after the accident. He relates the story of those around him, their continual support even two years later. His football Coach at Rutgers who also stayed with him and to this day is still in contact with Eric. Eric also has shown great compassion for those faced with similar problems and continues to work hard so that he may someday walk again. He explains that to him this was a message from God that he has greater things for him to do than to play football. He truly BELIEVEs that his work is not done. Even when he had so many supporters at the hospital, and others had none, he shared is friends with who had few. This is truly an inspiring story of a young man faced with grave problems has triumphed over them personally. My prayers are with you Eric.

5.0 out of 5 stars Believe, May 30, 2013
Amazing inspirational story with precise detail and acknowledgements including helpers locations dates times and all of the teams and people that care about him

5.0 out of 5 stars bELieve, April 10, 2013
Great 5 Star book about a dedicated young athlete after a tragic accident. As a fan of West Virginia University, it wasn't easy for me to pull for Rutgers but Eric's story is truly inspiring and motivating. I will bELieve in him till he walks again, hopefully that day comes soon. Good luck Mr. LeGrand. #bELieve #EL #Rutgers #WVU #Support #SupportEric

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, February 7, 2013
Well written and an inspiring story of a young man who remains so positive about his future, despite the tragedy that occurred to him. Keep choppin' Eric!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Story of hope, courage, and faith!, January 25, 2013
I've been following Eric since his tragic football accident, and couldn't wait to read this book. It didn't disappoint! Eric's undying faith and courage are an inspiration to anyone, and anyone who ever faces trials of any kind should pick up this book. I wish I could buy 100 copies and donate them to schools all around. Go Eric Go! I bELieve!

5.0 out of 5 stars So good, I ended up finishing this book in one day., October 17, 2012
When Eric's injury happened, I was currently doing information research on college teams and Rutgers was one of the teams I was covering. So the story of LeGrand was something I followed since and I am very proud of what he has done since the injury.

He continues to inspire and when I found out this book was coming out, I knew I had to pick up a copy and read it. I felt like I had a connection to him in a way.

The book reads smoothly (aside from a couple typos) and it made me feel like I was sitting with him one-on-one throughout the entire book. It felt more like a conversation in which he was just talking to me the entire time. He details his childhood growing up and his passion of sports. Following his injury, he details all the trials and triumphs he's encountered. Even though I've followed him and have seen and heard his story numerous times, it was special reading it. I knew the story, but I wanted to hear it from him.

That's what this book gave me -- a sense of feeling that I was also part of his BELIEVE team.

Because it was such a smooth read, I finished it in one day. I couldn't turn away. I wanted to know more about his journey and what could be next for him. His attitude is inspiring and I recommend this book for anyone -- even the non-sports fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Read, February 9, 2013
This story is extremely well written, from the heart, and very inspirational. Whether you know someone who has suffered a spinal cord injury or not, it is a great read.

Believe: My Faith and the Tackle That Changed My Life
Believe: My Faith and the Tackle That Changed My Life by Eric LeGrand (Hardcover - September 25, 2012)
$23.99 $16.51