5.0 out of 5 stars Three's the Charm!, October 8, 2011
This review is from: Believe: The Holy Grail to Weight Loss (Paperback)
I read this book three times. The only other book in my life I have read three times is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. could there be a connection? is the Universe balancing my life?? who knows??!! The reason I read these two books so many times over is the same for each one: I found the subject matter intriguing and compelling, and I had a deep, personal interest in it. For sheer entertainment, I gotta say -- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is pretty hard to beat. But for a story so thought-provoking, so inspiring, so simple and yet so powerful... I found reading Believe to be one of the most moving experiences I've ever had, reading any book.
The funny thing is... the first time I read it, it didn't strike me that way. I thought, well, here is an uplifting and inspiring story of one man finding faith and purpose in his life. And that's a good story. But, I thought... this is supposed to be "The Holy Grail of Weight Loss." Where are the magic tricks? Where is the secret recipe that will make those pounds melt away? Where is the presto-chango, abracadabra, roll of thunder, bolt of lightning moment? When does the Holy Grail get handed to me, so I can drink its magic potion and be thin forever? Did I miss something??
So I read it again. And this time I noticed there were blank pages at the end of every chapter marked "Your Personal Notes." But... I ignored them! However, this time around, I decided to read a little bit closer. I got out a red pen and started to underline phrases and ideas that resonated with me. The meaning and the sense of it all started to sink in. Still... I thought to myself... where's the "program?" where's the "diet?" where's the pill, the powder, the juice, the elixir, the supplement... the magic bullet? I still thought... I must be missing something.
So I read the darn book a third time. And this time, when I got to the pages marked "Your Personal Notes" I wrote down everything I thought or felt about what I had just read, and every idea that came into my mind. And I slowly realized... wow...this is actually IT. It's actually TRUE. I am holding the Holy Grail of Weight Loss right here in my hands. And I BELIEVE.
I am not going to tell you what the secret is. You are going to have to find that out for yourself, by reading the book. Each person's quest for the Holy Grail of Weight Loss will be unique and individual, according to his or her unique and individual understanding of it. But I will give you a hint:
On the day I finished the book (for the 3rd time!) I met a friend for lunch. As we talked, I thought about some of the things I had just read in Believe. One of the things I was thinking about was faith. About what it means to me. About how important it is, and how powerful, and how necessary, and how helpful. And about how sometimes my faith feels strong, and sometimes, it feels far away. As I pondered, I had a vision in my mind of the Disney movie 'Dumbo'... about the elephant with the big ears who finds that he can fly. At one point in the movie, he drops his "magic feather" - the one that he thought gave him the ability to fly. His friend Timothy Mouse explains to him that he doesn't need it... he can fly without the feather. All he needs is faith. All he needs is to BELIEVE! I was thinking about that feather, and what a strong symbol of faith it was. How it was such a clear and simple representation of the idea that if you really BELIEVE in something, you can do it. It's not magic at all. It's stronger than that. It's FAITH. And it's TRUTH. When I looked down at the table where I was sitting, I saw something glinting up from the wood. A small metal chain with a single brass charm on it...

A feather...

True story.

Read BELIEVE. Find your faith. Fulfill your quest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Believe, July 7, 2011
This review is from: Believe: The Holy Grail to Weight Loss (Paperback)
I can't believe that I was the person to witness what I saw in the Bahamas while Armando was sitting in the hot tub. I knew what I saw around him was different. It was so hmmm... Hard to explain. Bright! Pure! I could SEE it. The aura was something special but it wasn't until after I read Believe that I fully realized that what I had witnessed at the time was a spirit working through him. WOW!!! Armando is right. Just quiet your mind, be still and listen. The answers will come.

Anyone at anytime can be blessed with finding the answers they are in search for. Reading Believe triggered something inside me to realize that the time to find me is now and I am going to enjoy every step of the way!!! I truly wish everyone who is drawn to read this book would have the opportunity to meet Armando for even just 5 minutes. You can just feel his energy!!! It is indescribable!!! It's like a spark of energy that stays with you or maybe he ignites the spark you already have in you. The message and story he delivers speaks volumes and does more than igniting something in you. Believe's message reaches your soul at a level that will keep your fire burning bright. I am so grateful our paths had crossed. I encourage anyone who is looking to lose weight or is in search of more in their life to read and experience Believe. One's life will be taken to a greater level than they could ever imagine. Like Armando says your way truly is the only way. Believe offers an astonishing insight on life with a unique weight loss approach that is by far one of a kind and full proof. Even though I only have a few pounds to lose it is still something I have always struggled with. I'm sure many could relate to this. Armando you opened my eyes to the answers and will help millions see and reach their potential.
Believe offers way more than one could ever imagine. I feel rejuvinated!
Thank you Armando!

5.0 out of 5 stars I Believe!, May 8, 2011
This review is from: Believe: The Holy Grail to Weight Loss (Paperback)
Armando Aversa gives his honest and sincere account of his spiritual journey that lead him to write this amazing book. His story teaches us that when we believe in God and ourselves we can achieve anything. He breaks down the simplicity of weight loss through self love, which is the missing key in any short term weight loss solution. It is an entertaining and exciting read that keeps you flipping the pages to see what happens next. (When has that happened in any self-help book?) It is a journey worth taking and one that will forever change you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Learning to eat, May 25, 2011
This review is from: Believe: The Holy Grail to Weight Loss (Paperback)
I have been on a diet since I have been 17. At times I would be very successful in limiting what I ate but eventually I would get frustrated with my diet and gorge on unhealthy foods. My weight has been constantly fluctuating and as a result I am often embarrassed with myself. When I'm heavier I usually don't even want to leave my house. Finally I have found peace in my eating thanks to Aramando Aversa's book! He has given me the tools to learn to think about my health rather than stressing about my weight and eating. As I read the book I frequently got chills. The book directly spoke to me and changed my mindset completely. I feel happier, younger and confident in myself for the first time in years! I have lost weight without depriving and torturing myself. I wish I got this book ten years ago! It's not just then ten ponds of fat that I've lost it's the million pounds of pressure that I used to put on myself to be thin that has melted away with my new lifestyle. I "Believe"!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I never expected to change like I have from this book..., May 25, 2011
This review is from: Believe: The Holy Grail to Weight Loss (Paperback)
I was intrigued by this book just enough to start reading it. If I just liked it a lot I'd write something like, "Great book...helped me re-focus on believing which helps in any part of one's life." All true but there is a much deeper experience in reading this book. It's a true story that is right from the heart of an author who cares about his readers more than his words can express and who invites you gently into the way he has learned to look at life. I couldn't put the book down; I started waking up at 5am and working on my own projects; and although I generally eat healthy, I enjoy eating fruits and vegetables more and this general feeling of gratefulness has occurred to me and things are happening in my life and I am peacefully looking for signs. I recommend this book to anyone who doesn't wake up early, happy, motivated and with a feeling that they have a higher purpose to 'Believe' in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Believe: The Holy Grail to Weight Loss, May 19, 2011
This review is from: Believe: The Holy Grail to Weight Loss (Paperback)
Believe:The Holy Grail to Weight Loss, by Armando Aversa is a wonderfully written account of the authors journey to help make a difference in people's lives. It is very upbeat and inspiring. The first thing that makes an impression on me is how spiritual the book is, I like how it is not "religious" in a sense but more about a spiritual journey. While I believe in God, I feel that you will reach more people speaking the way you did and although it is clear in the book that you believe in God, it was not told in a pushy way.
Your approach to weight loss seems to be the only way to correctly change your life. It is all about a lifestyle change that has to come from within. So many people do exactly as you talk about, starve, fad diets, etc. While I knew this was the correct answer bc I have lived most of my life doing that, it faded a while after I had my second child. I feel into the whole diet thing and guess what, it did not get the weight off!! Once I got back to the gym and changed my thoughts on dieting the weight slowly started to come off. I still have some to loose, but more like 10-15 instead of 60! Your message just helped re-affirm what I had forgotten!!
Your journey is truly amazing, even if you do not believe in god or "signs", it is clear to me as a reader of your book, that something powerful happened to you along the way. It is hard to ignore that a divine power was guiding you and helping you uncover knowledge for this book.
For what it is worth, I truly enjoyed reading Believe and gained knowledge that will continue to drive me toward my goals, not only in weight loss, but also in my daily life. Your gift is not only to help people become better people physically, but more than that, it allows you to help people change every aspect of their lives, physically, mentally and spiritually. That is an amazing talent to have.
I wish you the most success this book can bring for you, but somehow it seems you already have all the success in touching peoples lives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, May 14, 2011
This review is from: Believe: The Holy Grail to Weight Loss (Paperback)
Believe by Armando Aversa is a wonderful, thought-provoking book! It is about a young man's experiences, insights and awe inspiring thoughts on successful and long lasting weight loss. Along the way, one learns much from his spiritual awareness, unimposing, yet startling accurate analysis and his true desire to help make a difference in the lives of those he meets. In reading about his journey, one is exposed to reflective ideas about a thoughtful approach to weight loss that clearly focuses on the importance of analyzing and understanding one's own behaviors, engaging in ongoing learning and finally, using one's own approach to achieving success. Believe is an enjoyable and astounding story that will have you thinking, and I highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Life Changing Book!!, May 13, 2011
This review is from: Believe: The Holy Grail to Weight Loss (Paperback)
If you struggle with your weight or are just looking for some inspiration in your life, you MUST read this book!! After reading, I have begun to change the way I look at food and life in general. I am not a big spiritual person, but the stories and guidance provided by Armando Aversa have made me Believe! His true story is absolutely remarkable and will keep you wanting more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just another weight loss book...Believe IS life changing!!!, August 15, 2011
This review is from: Believe: The Holy Grail to Weight Loss (Paperback)
You created something truly life changing and I will tell everyone I know about your book and about your blessings, insight & knowledge. You should be so so proud of yourself!!!

I was already a "Believer" 100%, however, when I sat down to read your book, I couldnt put it down!!! You & your words brought tears to my eyes & enlightened my soul, as you affirmed everything I always believed about life, God, our purpose in this world, my faith, and myself! So I thank you from the bottom of my heart for writing this book and sharing your gifts with everyone! The world would be a better place if we could somehow get everyone to Believe....God put us on this earth for a simple purpose...to be true to ourselves and everything else will fall into place...to live our lives with gratitude,love & faith.

P.S. I believe ALL types of people need to know about this book. This book is for EVERYONE...not just those who wish to reduce their weight. Believe needs to be shared with all audiences regardless of their health/weight status. Is there another way...in which you can reach everyone...??? Im not a publisher...or anything close...but I think the title & picture on the cover are Perfect!!! Just wondering if something could be added/ perhaps some words that would grab everyone attention...not just those seeking to lose weight. This book, if read,..... WILL CHANGE EVERYONE'S LIVES.....if they choose to BELIEVE!!!!! No doubt about it!!!

I 1000% percent believe.... and Armando...I believe in YOU!!!!

God Bless
Elizabeth

5.0 out of 5 stars Believe, August 5, 2011
This review is from: Believe: The Holy Grail to Weight Loss (Paperback)
Believe...When I picked up this book, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. As I read the cover, I thought, "... perhaps a new spin on old diets and secrets to weight loss". But the title and the cover photo intrigued me so, I began to read a few pages. Almost immediately, I was delighted to realize this book is so much more than a diet book! In his book, Armando shares very personal stories and life lessons. His honesty is remarkable and refreshing. Armando encourages us to stop and be mindful and most importantly, grateful for of all that is around us. Whether you consider yourself a religious person or not, this book will touch and inspire you. Many times while reading this book, I honestly had to put it down, absorb the passage and decide my own beliefs. The ideas Armando presents are powerful! Believe will make you think and force you to consider your own outlook and approach to life...definitely worth reading!

Believe: The Holy Grail to Weight Loss
Believe: The Holy Grail to Weight Loss by Armando Aversa (Paperback - May 8, 2011)
$20.00 $19.77