4.0 out of 5 stars Great if you need a bit more edge
Published on November 10, 2000 by Manford C Blacksher

3.0 out of 5 stars Belkin Modem Cable
It is probably a good item, but did not work for me as DSL where I moved, was not reliable. Gave the item away to someone who could use it since I finally had to change providers. As far as I know, the person I gave it to is finding it to be a good product. It just was not for me and did not fix the problems I was having with the DSL connection.
Published 2 months ago by C. Nash

4.0 out of 5 stars Great if you need a bit more edge, November 10, 2000
This review is from: Belkin 7FT RJ11M/RJ11M 100Mbps Snagless Hi-Speed Internet Modem Snagless Cable (Ice) (Personal Computers)
The Belkin Hi-speed Internet Cable is not going to get you any consistently better connection rates or ping times if you already have a good quality modem and wall connection. It will improve connection rates when you suspect there may be interference in the wall socket: I found that, overall, I was getting slightly better hook-up, but then the line service in Ireland is remarkably dodgy and inconsistent by North American standards. The current price is very good, so if you suspect there may be weaknesses in your line or you just need every little bit you can get (we pay by the minute for local connection), this is just what you want. (Compare the price of the Monster Cable variants.)

4.0 out of 5 stars A quality cable, December 19, 2010
As somebody else said, this cable alone probably isn't going to make your connection any faster. It's main function is to cut down on interference. It's also, I believe, more resistant to surges. I own an APC surge protector with 2 RJ-11 slots in it. I bought 2 of these cables... one to connect my modem to my surge protector, and the other from the surge protector to the wall.

I've heard other people complain that the tips are too big, and have trouble getting them out of the jacks afterward. I haven't had any problem. They do indeed fit snug, but all I have to do is push on the tab slightly harder than usual and it pops right out. This is not a design flaw, they are designed this way for a purpose. That purpose is to provide a more secure, tighter fit. The tighter the fit, the less chance of interference or connectivity issues.

I recommend this to any DSL user, and also recommend the Belkin Cat6 ethernet (RJ-45) cord to compliment it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Removes a Potential Bandwidth Bottleneck, May 18, 2012
The cord is thick and sturdy, and the shielding is visible through the transparent jacket. The connectors are easy to handle. It's pretty much a high quality Cat5 ethernet cable terminated on standard RJ11 connectors. As some have noted, the connectors lock in rather tightly. To disconnect, I push the tab all the way down and push the connector slightly to one side. That seems to permit the connector to release more easily.

My house is an early 90s house with Cat3 wiring for the phone lines. Centurylink provides the DSL and I'm paying for 20Mbps service. The service tech noted 17Mbps at the jack (one of the longest runs in the house) with his test equipment. While Speedtest.net is not generally an accurate measurement of bandwidth (because it's heavily dependent on the network and servers _outside_ of Centurylink's control), I rarely got over 12Mbps during actual computer use.

I started by connecting my DSL modem using a plain ol' telephone cord. I ran three tests using Speedtest.net immediately before and after installing this hi-speed modem cable. I made sure to use the same test servers on the website. I saw no noticeable change in bandwidth after the hi-speed cable was installed.

Was it worth the expense to me, even though I see no appreciable change in bandwidth? Yep...because for a paltry seven bucks I was able to remove one potential bottleneck in my network. Going forward as I improve the wiring in the house, I won't have to wonder if the old and basic phone cords are responsible for bandwidth problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works flawlessly, May 18, 2009
There's not much you could ask for in a modem cable but the most important thing is reliability and quality. This cable has them both.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cable for the price!, October 18, 2012
This item certainly has received mixed reviews. I for one, however, am glad I decided to purchase this cable and would do so again in a heartbeat. It is sturdy, well-constructed, the end plugs work well and are not too tight/snug, and a great value. LOVE having the 7' cable - less distortion. Has the Belkin lifetime warranty. I don't see what the problem is... Recommend!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cable works, seems a little faster, October 29, 2011
I had no problems installing this cable. It is a little tight (I tested it in another jack) but I was able to get it out. I can't say for sure but it seems my connection is a little zippier. I just didn't want to risk interference from other devices with the standard phone cable. I've used it for a couple of months and so far so good!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cable, June 8, 2013
This is a well made cable that fits from a phone jack to the input on a DSL modem. I did not achieve any higher speeds using this cable over the flat cable supplied with the modem because of the short length from the wall to the modem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Performance Boosts, January 10, 2013
Brian Z (Missouri, USA) - See all my reviews
I've had a lot of Internet connection issues at home with a standard phone cable, it would occasionally slow my download speeds by a few megabytes, or even drop a connection altogether. After installing this hi-speed internet modem cable, my download speeds are where they should be and I've yet to have any random drops. I have a new modem which was designed to handle a larger incoming bandwidth, and this cable makes great use of it. Additionally, I like how durable this cable is—really tough... it seems like it should last a long time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Belkin Modem Cable, June 15, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars hi-speed belkin, March 15, 2014
marsha ford (MESQUITE, TX, US) - See all my reviews
this is great and i do not have to wait to get on the internet with this handy internet hookup!! i really have enjoyed using it!!

Rate and Discover Movies