Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Belkin Velcro Cable Ties (8 Inch)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 13, 2008
It's hard to tell from the pictures, but these straps do not have velcro material down the full length of the back side. "Fuzzy" velcro material covers all of one side of each strap, however the back side of each strap is smooth except for a small swatch of the "hook" velcro material near the end with the black Belkin label. It's more than enough to grip, but they don't hold nearly as effectively as those found in Velcro #90438 1/2x8 Get A Grip Velcro or Velcro(R) Brand One-Wrap(R) Cableties 8in Blk 25pk.
on July 13, 2010
Same functionality without the pretty colors: 100 ties for under $10.

Velcro Reusable Self-Gripping Cable Ties, 0.5 Inches x 8 Inches Long, Black, 100 Ties per Pack (91140)
55 comments| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 29, 2008
But my intention was using these to tie and untie frequently used cables (power cords, headphones, etc), but these ties lack a tightening mechanism which you must try to do by yourself before applying the velcro part... These beats the purpose of having a quick method of wrapping and tying cables... Might work for those occasions where you simply want to leave a cable tied up for a long time...
on January 15, 2016
I love these. I use them on cords all over the house, both those in use and stored. They come with the fuzzy Velcro material the length of one side, and the hooks on an inch on the end of the other side. I just wrap them tightly around the cord until the hook material is in the right place. It's not a difficult concept. If the Velcro hooks ran the length of the other side, it would probably be very difficult to remove the tie when you needed to.

They're tough - in four years I've never had any wear out or fall apart, and some of them get pulled apart over and over when I need to lengthen or shorten a cord. My iPod dock, for instance: some days I put it on the kitchen counter, next to an outlet, while I'm cooking, and I use a tie to shorten the cord. Other times I bring it into a room with me as I work, and I take the tie off so that I can plug the cord in further from an outlet. I've never had a problem despite all the wrapping and unwrapping of cords.

I've accumulated more electronic devices with cords, so I'm ordering another set. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you buy these. They make my life much neater and less tangled.
These little cable ties may not be of the highest quality, but they do work, and you sure get a great deal considering the price.
There is only Velcro on part of the strip, so I don't know how long the tie would last if you were tying and untying it all the time. What I have found, is that if I just tie something up and leave the cable types alone, these work great.

I am happy with them.
on December 4, 2013
Umm...seriously? $1.63 for these? These cable ties are really good quality, have a nice long strap with a tight velcro to secure them all. Different colors makes it easier (kind of) to keep things organized, but at the very least it adds a bit of color to the jungle of cables you have.
on July 13, 2011
These ties work, but they are not really 8" velcro cable ties. They are 7" of velcro cable tie plus a 1" non-velcro Belkin tab.

Dollartree has basically the same product in its hardware section, only with 7.5" of useable velcro and a much shorter tab (that still does a perfectly good job of facilitating removal), for $1.00. There are only five ties in the Dollartree package, but they are still a much better deal.

The facing velcro strip (the piece that adheres to the velcro strip) is a little shorter on the Dollartree ties, so the Belkin tie might hold better if you are wrapping cable that is a little large for the length of the cable tie. But since the Dollartree ties are longer, they would fit comfortably around the same cable, so I think that's a moot point.
on October 19, 2014
Of all the Cables Ties we've used, tried to use and thrown away, these are the best for keeping Cables manageable for Meetings on the Go! Whether coiling LAN Cables, Mic or HDMI Cables - Really helps in overall organization of Meeting A/V Gear! A few lose their sewn on black tabs but only when a heavy handed User gets carried away. Otherwise, these will last and last unless they get misplaced. Too short for Electrical Extension cords.

Would like to have these Velcro Ties with ability to place on a Cable and stay there whether tied or not but no so yet. A Removable Zip Tie would be great but have not seen what we need yet that's better than these Velcro Ties.
on October 26, 2015
This is awkward when wrapping small bundles of cables. Because one side of the tie doesn't have velcro until the end, you have to wrap it around the cable many times, and you still might not get it well secured. A much better product is http://www.amazon.com/VELCRO-ONE-WRAP-Self-Gripping-Cable-Reusable/dp/B001E1Y5O6
on September 28, 2010
Go for the Velcro brand self looping ones and LEAVE THESE ALONE. The Belkin tag even fell off of two of mine. Moreso, the ties didn't hold very well. I'd never buy these again.

See 1 answered question