4.0 out of 5 stars Another solid Belkin product
Published on July 13, 2008 by M. Choi

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor fit
Published on March 2, 2009 by David A. Schwarzkopf

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor fit, March 2, 2009
David A. Schwarzkopf (living wherever the Navy tells him to.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I'm usually a big fan of Belkin, but this optical cable has such a poor fit in my receiver it's disappointing. I had to use a cable tie alongside another wire and now it is resting where it is supposed to go, but not solidly held in place. There's no need to spend ridiculous amounts of money on Monster's high end cables, (digital is digital is digital), but their bargain variety is a better option than this.

2.0 out of 5 stars works but...., September 26, 2007
This review is from: Belkin AV20000-06 PureAV Digital Optical TosLink Cable (6 feet) (Electronics)
The item works fine when it is plugged in, the problem is that it unplugs VERY easily. The part that holds the plug in place just does not "snap" in like my other cords. If you don't move the cord (or any other cords adjacent to it) its really not a problem, but if you components are in a hard to get to location (which mine are) and you move the item it is plugged into (to dust, or adjust cords, or add other components) then it does occasionally come unplugged. For that reason I ended up buying another cord to take its place and moved it to a location that is easier to get to and less likely to come unplugged.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought 1 and liked it, bought a 2nd and not so much., June 8, 2009
Joe Boo (Des Moines, IA) - See all my reviews
Works great, sound seems no different than other premium brand optical cables that I or anyone else can hear the difference between. I bought the 1st one when adding additional componets to my home theater setup. It works great/same as compared to my more expensive Monster branded optical cable. I also liked how the end caps were strapped on vs. the Monster cable which wasn't & I have lost 1 of their caps already.

Well, I decided to buy a 2nd cable when I decided to hook my computer rig into my system. That's when I realized the cables fall out super easy without much effort. The ends didn't snap in, nor did they feel snug. I thought maybe one of my ends were bad, but both are the same when switching it around. I decided to read the other reviews and realized that other people have had the same issue. The first cable was fine, so just poor QA at Belkin on this and others, maybe? IDK. Either way not acceptable when using on things you may move around or need access to. I swapped the cables around for my stationery componets, but shouldn't have had to do this.

If your looking to save a few bucks, have stationery items, and design & style(looks) matter then I would recommmend this cable.

If you plan on moving things around for occasional dusting or are planning to use for a computer rig that you fiddle around with then I can't recommend this product based on my experiences with it.

Other Thoughts: If they skimped out on QA for the end moldings, then maybe their QA isn't that great when it comes to testing the polishing for the ends of the fiber. 5 Stars for the 1st cable, but 1 star for the 2nd cable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another solid Belkin product, July 13, 2008
M. Choi (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
This connects my DirecTV HD receiver to my component system. I have a couple of other brand name digital audio cables hooked in for my CD and DVD player, and cannot honestly determine if there's any difference in sound quality. The 6 ft cord makes it easy if you have a large entertainment center and a lot of distance to cover to connect to the component system. Given the reasonable price, I would recommend this cable.

1.0 out of 5 stars defective cables, April 5, 2009
The ends on the cables will not stay in the device, there is no locking mechanism.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking and effective job, May 13, 2008
Jesus (MIAMI, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This cable is perfect for transfering digital sound to your Home Theater system from any additional player. It seems very good with the gray color and comes with protection for the tips in case you diconnect it.

Be careful with the length, it could trick you if your two equipments are some far (notice that it is only three feet long). But for those that don't want to have a lot of cables hanging from the back of the stand, this is the one.

I'm using it for transfering the digital sound of my playstation 3 to the audio receiver. I'm very satisfied.

1.0 out of 5 stars very loose fitting!!, November 4, 2010
Yes - I should have read the reviews before buying these. The fit is extremely loose, to the point that you will need to do something to ensure the cables remain plugged. I have used duct tape whenever I could, but perhaps adding some crazy glue to the outer portion of the plug, then waiting for it to dry, then plugging it - could also work because it seems that these cables were just cut a millimeter short - and thats why they are so cheap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as it looks, November 23, 2009
Eugene H. Kim (Croton, NY United States) - See all my reviews
Easy plugin - works as designed and clicks right into the receiver and TV. Bought two and only wish I bought a longer cable! When purchasing the wire 6feet seemed long enough. .but putting it in I should have bought longer!

2.0 out of 5 stars Initial thoughts..., December 15, 2008
I just received the cable and I have to say that it looks ands feel very substantial. Nicely molded ends, heavy appearing cable, etc. In fact, it looks better than two other optical cables I have, one of them Monster brand on which I got a good deal a while ago. But... as some others have talked about in their reviews, there is literally NO detent when plugging into either component. The cable I'm replacing is a very cheap (in appearance and cost) cable that has great detent. My concern is that it will come unplugged any time something gets moved or I dust. I should probably return it for another brand, but I'm too lazy so I used black electrical tape to secure it from coming out too easily. Neither end is in a location where you can see the tape so I don't care, but I have no doubt it will come apart with little provocation without it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super value, September 21, 2009
This is a high quality optical cable with protective caps for the contacts so they don't get dirty when not used. The price is nominal, and I can't think why anyone would want to pay more.

Rate and Discover Movies