Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on December 15, 2014
Avoid this product! Thank you Amazon for amazing hassle free returns. I literally used this for an hour. The feedback from the car/engine was insane. Speaker quality was terrible and nobody could understand anything I was saying. Also, the streaming music quality was unbearable.
on November 25, 2014
Was so excited about it when I got it I immediately hooked it up in my SUV, all the extra wiring I just tucked it under the lining of the center console and now I have no wired going everywhere unlike before, makes the inside of my SUV look a lot neater.
on January 9, 2015
Works exactly as advertised which is really all you can ask of a product. It was installed in less then 5 min, all you have to do is plug in 2 cables and stick it on your dash, it could not possibly be easier. It took about 20-30 seconds to pair with my iPhone 5s the very first time I did it, but it connected just fine. Now when I start the car, I tap the button and it pairs almost instantly, it takes no more then 1-2 seconds as it remembers the last device (well, actually it's my phone remembering the device, but same difference.) I use it primarily for listening to music, I stream Pandora and AudioTap to my car stereo and it works absolutely perfectly. Sound quality is identical to using an Aux Cable but it lets me place the phone anywhere due to the Wireless Connection. Call quality is good, easy to hear, caller can hear me and it works with the touch of a button. Much safer then fiddling with your phone while you're supposed to be driving. I would highly recommend this device to anyone who wants Bluetooth capability in their vehicle. The product simply does exactly what it says it does. I'm very happy with this purchase.
on February 26, 2013
First off, I am no audio file. I listen to a lot of audiobooks and podcasts and usually with the limited road noise, my music is already pretty degraded. On top of that, a lot of the pandora music is already poor quality. That being said, for streaming music through your car speakers, this works great. After the initial pairing, hop in the car, tap the large button, and it's linked to your phone. Another quick tap and it is playing the music from where you last stopped on your phone. It also works great for simple play and pause. You CAN use it for skip forwards, backwards and to activate siri on your iphone, however I've found that in order to do this, you have to have laser accurate reflexes and memory because to activate siri for example, if you hold too long it disconnects from your phone and if you hold for too short of a time, it simply play/pauses your music. Even if there were some dedicated buttons for these functions for these types of controls, it would only be helpful when it comes to the music control.

The microphone on this thing sucks. Yes I realize it's a cheap device... but why even bother to put a mic in the thing? I have gotten a lot of complaints when having phone calls... I practically have to hold the device up to my mouth and siri will never understand what you are saying. I realize a lot of people will think that issue is related to siri, but if I bypass the mic from the belkin device, it will pick up my commands almost flawlessly at twice the distance away. Again, we are talking about a several hundred dollar device in my iphone vs. a cheap device in Belkin... but like I said, get something decent in there.

I think there are other devices out there with dedicated buttons and overall, reducing the number of cords I have to dangle from my dashboard is a plus. I pretty much use a pebble watch for all my music control needs so now all this really as is a wireless way to get my audio out to my car speakers. Good for the price... but falls short on some of the other features it promises.
on February 20, 2012
Works great, does exactly what i wanted it to at an affordable price. Biggest and yet still small disadvantage is that i have to tell my phone to connect every time i get in the car. However, convinced i can find an app that will allow me to auto connect to certain bluetooth devices when detected.
on June 12, 2015
This is a nice Bluetooth car kit. Easy to set up, easy to use. I drive about 3 hours a day and this is always on and connected to my phone. The only problem that it has is every once in a while it needs completely unplugged, the Bluetooth needs to be turned off on your phone and then everything turned back on and plugged in and reconnected. Unfortunately this could need done in the middle of driving. Not an easy task at 65MPH. So I have to pull over and set all of it up again. Only reason it doesn't get that 5th star.
on January 4, 2016
Doesn't stay connected, won't handle fully charging an iPhone 6, sometimes it just craps out for a few days. I've done two warranty replacements with Belkin, and the third one is in the trash. Don't waste your money.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2013
I've had this thing for about a year, using it with a music-only device with no problems. But for it's original intent of using it for music/voice with a media phone, it's a mixed bag. For music, it works fine with an iPod Touch, a Droid X and an iPhone 5. But for phone calls, you'd get better quality rolling down your window and yelling across the country.

Voice quality in both directions sucks, the other end sounds like they're under water, and I am constantly asked to repeat, even when I'm parked in a quiet spot with the engine off, eliminating environmental noises. There is no such problem with my Plantronics Voyager or BlueAnt T1 headsets so I KNOW it's not the phones in question.
on March 12, 2013
I am impressed with the value of this product. No more digging through my purse for my phone and the music streaming through the speakers is nice. The voice command on my Iphone works great. The wires and extension wires made it very easy to hide behind my stereo trim (just popped off trim, ran wires, set isolator and snapped trim back on) even with the ground loop isolator installed. The ease of use is nice; just touch a button, play a song, touch a button, make a call, touch a button answer a call. what more could a girl want. No wires hanging all about, I like the built in usb for charging the Iphone. I purchased a small mini sync cable to charge and its the perfect length. I no longer need XMradio, loving Pandora through my car speakers. Thanks Belkin for upgrading my car for less than $50.00 and saving me 100.00 plus a year on XM radio.
on February 22, 2015
I have been using this for several weeks now, and am very glad I got it. However, you need to understand what this is, and what it is not, before you decide to get one.

First, there are three things you must have in order for this to work in your vehicle:
- a power source, such as an un-used cigarette lighter, or other power outlet;
- an auxiliary input jack on your car sound system; and,
- a cell phone that has a voice interface, such as Siri on iPhones.

Second, you should understand that this will not work exactly the same way as an integrated Bluetooth system like in a new car. This only works when you have your sound system switched to auxiliary. So, if you are listening to the radio, or to a cd, then you are not switched to aux at that moment, and any call that comes in then will not be heard by you; the system will not notify you. This is not a fault of this brand or model; it is just a limitation of this approach to Bluetooth.

Third, this system does NOT provide a voice interface for you; it simply allows you to use the one in your phone. So if you have not used the one in your phone much, then you may want to spend some time trying it to see if you like using it at all. Siri has quirks, and I would imagine that whatever the Android version of Siri is, probably does as well. I find that sometimes you have to fight with Siri to get it to do what you want, and it can sometimes take three attempts to do something simple. But lots of times it works on the first try.

It takes a little getting used to. But you can send and have read to you text messages, and you can call people using the address book in your phone (for example "call home," or "call Joe"), and you can receive calls, and you can have your voice messages played back for you. I think it may do more, such as email and calendar stuff. It was very easy to install. It blends in, doesn't look too obvious, in the car. You can hear people clearly, and they can hear you clearly. You have to get used to the two different degrees of pushing the button for various actions (different for a quick push vs a push-and-hold). I would recommend this. But I also look forward to eventually having an integrated in-car Bluetooth system.