4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good cover for the money.
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:28 Mins
Published 22 months ago by Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but Could be Better
Published on May 16, 2012 by Lee

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good cover for the money., September 16, 2012
This review is from: Belkin Cinema Dot Folio Case / Cover with Stand for the New Apple iPad with Retina Display (4th Generation) & iPad 3 and iPad 2 (Black/Grey) (Personal Computers)
Length:: 1:28 Mins

Overall I am happy with this model but the only real gripe I have is the front cover is kind of flimsy and there is really not much padding. I had another product on my original Ipad that has a bit more fluff sewn in between the cover that gave it protection. If you never had an Ipad cover before you wont notice this issue because I think the current theme for all this is thin. If you cant have an Ipad case thin that might ruin the esthetics of Ipad. What I like is the smart cover that turns on the screen when you open it and you don't have to slide the tab over on the homepage to start reading content. I like the rubber feet that hold the Ipad down on each corner. Never buy an Ipad case that has a complete leather band to hold it in. You will know what I am talking about because it looks like a picture frame. You slide the Ipad into the case and there is a leather boarder all around the viewing area to hold it in. Not only does it ruin the look of the Ipad but the leather boarder collects food - dog hair - and gunk and it grinds on the screen and back cover over time. This mounting system is secure and allows you to take a micro fiber towel and clean it about 98%. The rubber feet that clip it in are so tight no grit and gunk will be getting under there so you never have to worry about wear under the holding tabs. All in all I paid 21 bucks to my mailbox and flimsy cover aside this is a great value! I can recommend. I had my other Ipad case with a mounting system like this since the Ipad 1 came out and it never failed to hold the Ipad in place.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but Could be Better, May 16, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Belkin Folio is a pretty standard case for the Ipad with the added bonus of having a stand that has multiple viewing angles. For starters, the folio is made of a suede like material that feels nice on the hands, but I will say, also picks up a lot of lent. I'm a stickler for putting my Ipad in my purse, or somewhere safe, but it nearly always seems to pick up lint that is decidedly difficult to brush off as it likes to cling to the material. The inside material that protects the screen is an even softer material; however, it also has five strips across the area as this is the key feature that helps to stand your Ipad up. Each strip is made up of four mini groves that are not raised, but inset into the material, so you don't have to worry about raised groves caressing your Ipad's screen. The area that actually houses the Ipad is made up of a soft plastic like material that is very flexible, so it's extremely easy to put your Ipad in place. The back of the holding area also raises up about halfway from the back cover, and the left side edge is then fitted into one of the grooves on the opposite side to hold the Ipad up for, say, viewing movies. So far, I have had no issues with my Ipad slipping or falling over when I use the folio as a stand, and that's a very big bonus in my book. Plus I love the magnetic closer, and the fact that when I want to hold my Ipad for reading a book, I can easily bend the cover back, and the magnetic closer then sticks to the back also, so it is out of my way. The wake feature is pretty darn nice too, but I did have a few issues with it as there is a little bit of a gap between my Ipad's screen and the front cover, which causes it to randomly come on. This especially holds true when putting it in a purse or bag. The back of the cover has a small hole at the top for the camera to peep through if you want to take a quick photo too, but I will mention that it is a bit awkward. For starters you have to hold the whole thing open as you can't bend the front cover back or it'll cover the camera hole. I do believe the overall quality of the folio could be better, but it does what it's made to do: protect my Ipad while also providing different ways to view it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Smart Cover is tricky, September 4, 2012
I like the overall design of this case, it is nice looking and sturdy material but the smart cover is too loose fitting so while moving the ipad around when the case is fully closed you'll notice the screen coming off and on because the cover keeps losing contact with the screen. I think it's due to the seam where the dotted portion meets the flat portion, that seam has bend in it and will clumsily just bend upward and so the ipad screen is signaled to come back on as if opening it up. It's not the best case at this price point in my opinion but knowing this I just carry it as carefully as I can. I've seen the 8.00 ipad cases that are more tight fitting so this is not the best purchase I could've made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, December 7, 2012
After reading a lot of reviews for the Belkin Cinema Dot Folio Case I decided to give it a shot. I am very pleased with my purchase. When I took my case out of it's original packaging it did have a strong (new) odor to it but that quickly dissipated. I put it on my iPad 4 in a matter of less than a minute. However, I did have one snag. The screen protector that I had previously installed wanted to peel off due to the snug fit of the corners. I eventually gave up trying to fix it and peeled it off. I don't think I will really need one now anyways.

I love how you can tilt the iPad in almost any position you want. You can even flip the cover behind it like a book to lay it flat. The case does not obstruct the camera, speakers, or mic in any way. The front and back covers are strong and offer ample protection without added bulk or weight. My iPad has stayed secure and protected while remaining fully functional.

I read in several reviews that some customers were having issues with the magnets not aligning properly or becoming misaligned during transit resulting in the iPad constantly "waking up". I have not encountered this. If this does become an issue I can always go into Settings > General Settings > iPad cover lock/unlock and turn it off.

I really wanted to give this product a 4.5 stars instead of a five because of the minor issue withe the screen protector but i decided it really is worth 5 stars even with that "problem". This is a wonderful product that does exactly what it says it will.

I would recommend this product to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive!, June 8, 2012
This is the second case I have purchased since owning an iPad. I really liked the first one I bought-rotating 360 swivel, three angles for viewing, sleep function. Pretty much all features were faulty. Anyway, this is SO much better! I didn't know what I was missing. The multi-angle viewing function rocks! It has these amazing little grip so it's held upright when typing and doesn't slip like my old one. Plus, I love the magnetic tab vs. the elastic strap on my old one too. I can't say how much I love this case. Buy it now!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, Sturdy Product, August 19, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like this.........It works well with the ipad 2. It's made of a thick hard outter layer, so when you want to treat your ipad like a laptop, the back piece actually stays up to support it. I've had other products in the past where after 2 uses, the backing gets flimsy and always falls. It also protects your ipad well.

I like Belkin products, theyve always been a very well made, good product that has worked well for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome case.., August 18, 2013
This case is really great... Excellent protection in corners.. Very sturdy and non slipping surface.. Wake up function.. Very safe a sturdy around kids(even when jumping next to it on sofa)..very sleek design...magnetic clip works great..no more need for super ugly rubber band seen on other brands..love versatility of viewing angles..price is awesome too..highly recommended!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased, so bought another as a gift, July 10, 2013
I've tried more expensive cases and less expensive cases for our iPads--but this is the one we have preferred using. It's stable enough to keep the iPad upright on a desk, works really great used with a pyramid pillow-stand from Levengers, and offers adequate protection for our devices. I'd recommend this product to others--it's the one we're set on using for our iPads.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product but not for me, December 28, 2012
The case is really nice, it fits the ipad and looks great. However, if you have a screen shield (protector thing) i dont recommend you buy this because it bends the corners of the shield and this creates quarter sized air bubbles on all corners of your ipad. I hate air bubbles. So, if you dont have a shield on your screen, buy this! It is really good. But if you do have a shield then consuder buying sometng different.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tough cover, December 9, 2012
I bought this cover for my daughter. As her first iPad and being intensily used in the high school, I believe is the best option to have a very protective case for her iPad. It has hard corners, very resistant faux leather and good grip.
Even being dark, the pink details gives a femine touch.
The counterpart for that tough feature is the weight: it is heavier than the conventional ones

Rate and Discover Movies