5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended
I am happy with this surge protector. The outlets are concealed, the cord management keeps things neat, and it has enough space for the big transformers (power bricks). The extra outlet on the outside is also handy. I would have preferred black instead of white, but that's a minor gripe.
Published on August 30, 2008 by E.E.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cover is flimsy and Cable routing is tight-squeeze
Published on November 6, 2009 by GreenArrow

3.0 out of 5 stars Cover is flimsy and Cable routing is tight-squeeze, November 6, 2009
GreenArrow (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Belkin 11 Outlet Conceal Surge Protector (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
Like an earlier reviewer mentioned, I also received the item with a broken cover hinge. Fault goes to Belkin's poor packaging, not Amazon's packing. I didn't want hassle of returning it so I just decided to keep it as I was able to put the cover in place despite only using 1 hinge. The plastic hinge is poorly designed so very likely the hinge would have eventually broken off. Despite this issue, the unit works as it should. The cover does "cover up" the wire mess but the cable routing is very tight so it take some work to squeeze in all the wires. Also, the block spacing doesn't accommodate odd-looking transformer blocks, like those from my motorola charger and USB hub.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, August 30, 2008

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Trouble, November 9, 2009
It is definitely not an easy task to get this whole thing put together and hooked up. There's not a lot of room for tied up cords, so it's best to tie up a couple and then just stuff the others in the open spaces. It popped open the first time I closed it and doesn't seem to latch securely. I thought I was going to have to tape it shut. With a little rearranging, it stayed closed and hasn't popped open again.

It's pretty long, so placement can be a problem. I had set it up behind my rolling TV stand, but realized that it wouldn't move easily without rollers of its own. So I popped it open the other day, unplugged everything and started from scratch. I now have it end on and put it on the cart itself. I thought at first that the shelf wasn't going to be deep enough. Now it hangs off the back a bit, but that's OK. I have the end with the power switch on the front and all the cords coming out of the back. It looks nice though I wish it were either black or white like my TiVo and Wii respectively instead of that dull dove gray that electronics manufacturers--but no one else--loves.

Oh, there's one other great feature. You can pull the cords out of either side or even the top--and that goes for its own cord too. It might be good to buy a colour coding set as well. Once the cords are all shoved up in there, it's hard to tell what goes to what.

In summary, its difficult to set up, but once it's done, it's done. Not good for temporary set-ups, but great if you want to set it up and leave it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Got two -- BOTH covers broke off instantly! Belkin "warranty" is a joke., October 21, 2011
It's very rare that a well-reviewed Amazon item is a piece of crap, but I guess there's a first time for everything. I ordered two of these to tame a heinous snarl of wires under my desk and my husband's. I had planned to order a couple more if these worked out. Well, I sure won't be ordering more.

We opened the first one, and my husband began to examine it. As he looked at it, one of the two hinges broke. (I must emphasize that he was being gentle. He's an IT professional, and he's accustomed to handling all equipment carefully.) But we figured that, as the item was going to be under a desk, we could live with one broken hinge. We began plugging in a few plugs, and we closed it to see what it looked like with plugs in it. And when we closed it, the cover broke off entirely! "We can return it," I assured my husband, only to look up my order on Amazon and find we were 1 day outside the 30-day return window.

Okay, no biggie. We'll use this somewhere where it won't be seen at all. Of course, the plugs will get all dusty, which is exactly what we were trying to avoid, but whatever. The second one will be fine, I'm sure. Right? So we opened up the second one. I lifted the cover -- very gingerly, as I already knew these things are as fragile as blown glass -- and it came off in my hand. Just broke right off.

We examined the boxes; there was no sign of mishandling or damage. The boxes and packing were in perfect condition. I have to assume these things were broken by the time they left the Chinese factory where they were manufactured.

What to do? I couldn't return the things to Amazon, so I emailed Belkin customer service and politely explained that we had received two defective units, and asked what could be done. Could we return the units to them for replacements or repair, for example? After all, the box does proclaim that the product carries a "lifetime warranty."

Belkin responded to this request with ... nothing. No response. It's been about a month now. Guess we know where we stand. And the "lifetime" warranty? I guess it just means that this product is guaranteed to provide enough outrage and drama to fill a typical Lifetime Network movie.

So the morals of the story are: 1. Belkin doesn't give a damn if its products are defective and you get ripped off. And most importantly, 2. if you order this product from Amazon, open it as soon as you get it and save the packing materials, 'cause I have a feeling you might be reusing them for the return.

Meanwhile, anyone wanna buy a couple coverless outlet strips, cheap?

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must-Have for Cable Management, February 3, 2012
I've purchased two of these now and I love them both. It's rare I can purchase a product and have no regrets about it. First off, the price here at Amazon.com is the best I've seen. In fact, I've had a hard time finding this same model elsewhere. Home Depot sells a very similar Belkin 11-Outlet Conceal Surge Protector, but it comes with coaxial surge protection and costs about twice the amount of this unit.

The first unit I purchased I used on my home entertainment system. I have a modern-styled TV stand with tempered glass that's basically three shelves. There is a lot of open space making it difficult to hide cables from open view. With the cables strung through one opening, it was easy to direct everything away from view. I was able to mount the unit on the wall and because it blended in, I was not able to see it from most viewing angles. Also, on most surge protectors the power switch is on the top; on this unit it's on the side. That was a huge bonus considering the household cat loved to jump down on the power button of the old surge protector. Not only that, my old surge protectors only had 8-10 spots; one more can make all the difference.

The second unit I used behind my computer. With my legs fully stretched out I was hitting the power cables with my feet with the old protector. Now the cables are away from view and I have more space and a much better looking computer area. Not only that, but I no longer have to worry about the ridiculous amount of dust the old unit collected.

Belkin coming out with a unit like this is a blessing to me. It has helped solved a huge issue I had and a few I didn't even know I had. The only possible negative I can find is that it doesn't also come in back.

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 Stars due to flimsy coiver. . ., August 4, 2009
Belkin BZ111200-06 11-Outlet Conceal Surge Protector -
Kids are grown and no pets just wanted the cords to disappear. When opening cover the flimsy hinge just broke, so what good is that. I am considering returning it but not sure if this is what's out there and that's that. Covered is wonderful. I have another project, need to do more research.

5.0 out of 5 stars attractive AND effective design, October 21, 2011
Loose cords seem to be a kitten magnet in my home so I was looking for a solution to corral things in the neatest, most efficient manner possible. I considered the kind of cord cover designed for babies but this has a sleeker look, a more substantial feel, and also the added benefit of being the cover and multi-function surge protector in one for just two or three dollars more.

Pluses in my book:

The track is large enough to streamline several cords; I've used split tubing to protect what exits and secured that to the wall using zip tie mounting squares+zip ties.

Holds/conceals my Mac power brick.

Has a flat mount profile plug which is part of the best combination of design and features I could ask for - 11 outlets, surge protection, jacks for phone, fax and modem too - sweet!!!!

Other reviews have mentioned issues with the cover, or specifically the hinges seem a little "flimsy"; in my opinion, the cover and hinges seem proportionally sturdy to the unit overall. I will say that after reading their negative comments I was especially careful in opening and closing this unit. If you have to open and close the unit on a regular basis I'm not sure if the cover/hinges would become an issue. For my purposes I really bought this more to keep the cat out of the cords, so the cover doesn't present a problem for me either way.

BTW: If you're trying to keep *kids* instead of kittens away from your cords the cover on here is definitely NOT childproof and you should consider other options.

Very pleased with this purchase and would easily recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars No More Rat's Nest!!!, March 28, 2010
Vy "hanatsuki" (Westminster, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I recommend unplugging everything and starting from scratch if you truly want to make it look organized. Love it! Wished I had taken a before and after picture, results are epic.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hides a lot of wire mess, December 16, 2008
Lots of outlets and hides a lot of wires. Does the job - sleek, white look. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, May 29, 2009
This product is a bit bigger than I expected, but it fit even the biggest of power blocks. No more getting my feet tangled in cords under my desk! I especially like the plug on the outside so I can plug something in fast without having to open the whole contraption.
Now if only I had a way to get the cords coming out of my computer to look so nice!