Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Belkin 7 Port Desktop High Speed USB 2.0 Hub with Power Supply
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on May 23, 2010
I bought this model because of the power output for each port. I had a powered hub but could only plug low powered items into it. I attached this one to my iMac. Plugged in a laser printer, MagicJack, EyeTV, and an external HD for Time Machine backup. Everything works perfectly! Still ahve one more port on the back available. Use the front two to charge my iPod and sync my phone. Couln't ask for better performance.
on August 27, 2010
I got this USB Hub about 3 months ago, and I make it a rule to never write a review of something until after I've had some time to put it through the paces. This is, by far, the best USB hub I've used. It's fast, versatile, and transparent. You can charge your phone and iPod through it, and it handles adapters, daisy-chains, and power-draw devices with no issue. It can run 7 external bus-powered hard drives without a problem, even when I chained in a second USB hub filled with USB Flash drives.

This thing is a beast.

It works flawlessly on Mac OSX 10.5/10.6, Ubuntu 8/9/10, and Windows XP. I initially had a problem with Windows 7, where the OS thought this was a bluetooth device; I was able to replicate this problem on 4 different Win7 installation. All you need to do it go into the Device Manager, change the driver to "Generic USB Hub", and it works flawlessly as described above.

I just ordered another one for the road. Normally, I'm no fan of Belkin's stuff, but this little box is very well engineered. Don't hesitate for a moment if you need a powered hub that you can abuse like a rented mule.
on January 2, 2013
I bought this to power and add more USB ports to a Raspberry Pi. Comes with a power cord, usb cord, and works right out of the box.
on May 4, 2010
Bought mine at the apple store. This baby is expensive but everything works well. Tested the speed between copying data from laptop drive to direct usb connected drive, and from laptop drive to usb hub connected drive. Write speed were the same. I expected a performance hit by being on a hub, but there was none. I have 6 drives, 1 printer, and 1 mouse connected (dual dock allows 2 drives on 1 usb port). No issues so far. Everything gets recognized when i boot to macos x or windows 7 via boot camp. Buying another one. Technically speaking you can plug in 14 drives using dual sata usb docks. 2 of these means you can plug in 28 drives on a laptop which in windows, you will run out of drive letters.
on November 12, 2011
So far I am liking this hub. It seems to work well when you get it set up and 7 ports is pretty well. I used this hub to embed into my desk and it's shape worked well for those purposes. The one caveat to the is that it can be difficult to set up with Win7. For some reason it gets recognized as a Bluetooth adapter and then doesn't function. To fix this open up device manager, find the USB hub (If you are having problems this will be listed as Bluetooth adapter or something to that effect) right click it and click properties. Then choose the drivers tab and click on update driver. Click browse my computer for driver -> Let me choose the driver I want to install -> Generic USB hub. The thing should now work!

4-5 stars because it didn't work right out of the box but otherwise works as intended.
VINE VOICEon July 1, 2010
I really agonized over a replacement USB hub for my office. Has to have enough ports for all my gadgets without taking up a lot of space. Can't be ugly, over designed, or über-tech. has to deliver enough power to charge my iPhone, iPod, headset, etc., plus work with my cameras. Price must be reasonable. I don't want much, do I?

But Belkin delivers everything on my list with this product. Seven ports, small footprint, clean design, plenty of power, and the price was very good. I've had some issues with Belkin gear in the past so I was hesitant, but so far so good.

I will say that my experience with Belkin support is that if you have a service issue, you can save yourself time and money by simply throwing the product away rather than subjecting yourself to the agony of Belkin support.
on October 25, 2011
I don't normally buy Belkin things, and there might be other 7-port USB hubs that just work properly without relatively useless things like status lights and things like that, but I haven't found one yet.

What you get is a small, light, powered hub with no lights at all. 2 ports on the front with an aesthetically-pleasant front appearance by USB hub standards, and 5 ports on the back. You also get a 3.8A power supply. Since USB devices can draw up to 0.5A, a quick calculation shows there is enough power being supplied to run 7 devices needing full power at once.

My previous 7-port hub was a D-Link DUB-H7. It was a frequent pain, especially when trying to run some devices concurrently with high-power devices like encrypted USB keys. I finally gave up when the thing just would not initialize in Windows correctly anymore. As I type, I have the same USB key, a BlackBerry, and an iPod Touch plugged into the thing and all are working properly. That in itself is an achievement in my experience.

Highly recommended just because it does what it says it will!
on September 7, 2012
It does work with Lion or older Mac OS versions, but not the newest Mountain Lion OS unfortunately. Maybe there is a future fix for this, but don't know. I ended up buying a different Belkin (Model F4U041v) , even though it was more money. The F4U041v worked perfectly.
on September 6, 2012
It's not bad. It's no better than what i had so i could have saved the money. It still doesn't run items i need to run from the USB hub. I have to admit i haven't tried all the tricks that others have said are needed to make it work better with Windows 7, but then why should i? Shouldn't it be strong enough without tricks. So, a 3. If you have no hub, it's fine. If you want a hub that is strong enough to plug in printers or mouse or any of that - forget it.
on March 28, 2013
Although I read a few reviews saying that this hub does not work with OSX Mountain Lion, I went ahead and purchased it anyway to see for myself. Fortunately, I'm happy to report that it does work just fine with Mountain Lion! As of this writing, I'm using OSX 10.8.3, which is currently the most up to date version of the OS.

I bought the hub because I was tired of going to the back of my iMac every time I wanted to plug in something new. I previously an iPad and iPhone cable and a scanner permanently plugged into the computer, which ate up all of the ports. That meant that any time I wanted to plug in the GoPro, USB stick, Harmony remote, or any other device, I'd have to change plugs in the back. Now, I can plug in whatever I want without any issues. I like that there are ports both on the front and back, which allows me to keep most things plugged into the back so you don't have to see wires, but still have quick access to the two additional ports in the front for quick tasks like plugging in the USB flash drive.

Setup involved plugging in the electrical cord, plugging in the USB cable, and it was ready to go. There is no software to install, drivers to download, or anything else. Just plug it in, hook up whatever you want to plug into the port, and things start working immediately just as they would if they were plugged directly into the computer. I have no idea how you could possibly screw this up, or why anyone seems to have compatibility issues.