Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Belkin F7D1301 Wireless Router
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Price:$16.00+ Free shipping

on September 30, 2010
I wish I had read these reviews before I went to Wal-Mart. I saw this F7D1301 and it looked like the best solution for the money.

It was up and running in a matter of minutes. I have configured many routers and this was by far the easiest.

Then the problems started. Weak/dropped signals like others reported. In addition I had 2 additional problems:

1. I kept getting a notification that the password had been changed (I was using the default setup) and requested to enter the new password. This periodically happened over and over ocassionally advising me that I had lost connectivity and needed to enter a new password.

2. I am totally unable to change the settings on the router because I cannot connect to the router's web interface with an Ethernet cable by either using the router's ip address or from the setup or router settings.

I have been in touch with tech support and have tried everything they suggested. They advised about a firmware release dated 2 days ago but until I can connect to the router interface I can't install the firmware update.

I have wasted too much time on this and intend to deep six it. I have had it about a week but didn't keep the receipt or packaging.

I agree with the others - don't buy unless you like to take on a new project.
on November 24, 2013
This is my first wireless router and works great for my needs. I have a PC, netbook, smart phone, tablet, wireless printer, and Wii using it in my (small) home. Is it the best router on the market? No, probably not, but I have had great luck with it, especially with the netbook (which is what I use primarily). It never drops a connection on the Wii, netbook, or smart phone. The tablet does drop occasionally while I'm streaming music and I can't connect with any other devices while I'm using the Wii, which is why I'm giving 4 stars instead of 5. I guess I'm the exception, but I love this router. (It's super easy to install, too.)
on April 18, 2011
I used to have a Linksys router that worked really well... It unfortunately got stepped on and needed to be replaced. I picked up this Belkin Basic router at the Wal-Mart down the street because it was on sale. About the same as what I'd paid for my Lyksys, and I figured all routers were the same.

WRONG.

This Belkin router was a nightmare. Installation was pretty difficult. The set-up seemed to end without having asked me to name my network or create a custom password. I had to figure out how to do that after the installation was had closed, which was difficult because the Belkin software is incredibly slow and clunky. I managed to name my network, but never actually found out how to change the password. I was stuck using the default password that came on a little card with the router.

So... Once I was up and running, I noticed that my internet was incredibly SLOW. Trying to download anything was impossible. The download would start quickly, then drop off just as quickly and sit at 0.0 kbps. Eventually it would start up again, but things would always download slowly in spurts.

Same thing with trying to send emails with attachments out. They'd start fast and then drop off to zero.

The router's signal was very weak, as well. The router was on the 1st floor of our house. On the second floor, the signal was at about 30%. On the third floor, there was no signal at all. (Note: With my old Linksys router, I had 100% signal on the third floor.)

This Belkin also dropped it's signal constantly. And in several different ways.

4-6 times a day, one of the following things would happen:

- My airport (Mac) would lose contact with the router and I'd have to reconnect to my network without having to reenter the password.

- Same as above, but sometimes I WOULD have to enter the password.

- Sometimes, the light on the router would go red for no apparent reason.

And every time I woke the computer up from sleep, the stupid Belkin alert would pop us saying there was an error and the network was gone... NO... the computer was JUST ALSEEP! Stupid software. Annoying alerts and stupid toolbar icons all over my computer!!!

All in all, worst router EVER. And customer support was just as bad. They couldn't even understand what problems I was having, let alone try and fix them.

Finally trashed this piece of crap and got another Linksys that works PERFECTLY.
on October 7, 2014
Purchased a Belkin router per advise of TWC. Each time we have a storm, the router goes out. I have now been on hold
for an hour and cannot get any contact with the Belkin service center, for which I have paid for "an extented warranty". Bad investment; would NEVER purchase again.
on July 5, 2011
I owned two previous Belkin routers before this one. The first, which I still use is from 2004 and is still working well. This model that I purchased simply doesn't work. It worked sporadically for about 3 months requiring reboots a few times a week. Now, all that it will do is sit with a constant orange (amber) light. It knows when the DSL line is plugged into it because if you unplug it, it will start blinking. The wireless computers can connect to it, but it won't let them out to the internet (it doesn't see or obtain the IP address from the DSL modem).

If the DSL modem is plugged straight into the computer, Internet is there, no problem. I took this and replaced it on my Comcast cable connection to test (where I have an older model Belkin running fine) and it also will not work there with the same results. I've reset the settings, upgraded the firmware, power cycled the DSL modem and the router in every which possible sequence to no avail. I bought this at my local Walmart.. I'm not sure if I have the patience to wait on a phone call for the warranty, I tend to think I'd be better off working an extra hour at work and buying a new router of a different brand.
on August 2, 2010
I bought this Belkin router, strictly for wireless use on 1 laptop in a small apartment. It seemed simple enough to hook up, however, the password that was provided was faulty and I had to call tech support. After providing me with another password, I used the laptop wirelessly for about a few hours (with intermittent slowness) before it 'lost connection' to the router. Keep in mind, I was using the laptop less than 10ft from the router. I had to call back tech support, only to spend an hour on the phone with a complete moron and get nowhere. They told me that someone else from tech support would call me back (which never happened). I'm returning this piece of junk today and going with linksys.
on July 24, 2013
I sincerely regret buying this product. With all the trouble it has caused me, I should have just spent more money on a router that actually WORKS. It is CONSTANTLY dropping the signal, as in several times per day. Some days, it will drop the signal every 5 minutes. It is ridiculous. At first, I thought it was my internet service provider. However, after troubleshooting with them for over an hour, we confirmed that the problem is with the Belkin router. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS ROUTER!
on June 17, 2012
This product was bought to improve upon an existing router and result was the same, no improvement. Nothing really wrong with the product and I am not suprised, now I have a backup of the same strength.
on April 10, 2012
I bought this router a year ago and after about six months began having trouble with it. Whenever a device would connect to the router, the device would not have internet access for several minutes--it would just hang, "waiting" for a website, to get email, etc. This was true whether I was using my Macbook Pro, iPhone, iPad, or Windows XP laptop. At first I thought it was my internet provider (I live in Thailand), but I have a pocket router for traveling that I hooked up and realized that the delay was the Belkin router, not my internet connection. This morning I replaced it with a D-Link DIR-600 N150 and the difference is quite amazing. Not only are there no delays (which of course there shouldn't be from your router), the overall performance is noticeably better. Read the other reviews, this router (and most Belkin routers) get very poor ratings.
on September 3, 2011
This router has been working excellently for about a year now with no stop and no need to reset.

It is an entry level product and if you live in a 2-3 bedroom apartment it works perfectly fine with very strong signal overall even through 3 thick walls.

I had absolutely no issue with signal dropping, it is extremely easy to set up, my Wii and 3DS work fine with it so is my iPad.
It is a budget option but definitely a good one. There are new models out there now, but if you are in a pinch do not hesitate to buy it.

You might want to update its firmware which is very simple and easy.