5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine
I've tested this out in Windows Vista (doesnt work) , 7 (works) and 8 (works). It didnt work out of the box in ubuntu 12.10 ; if your looking for something with linux consider Belkin F8T016 instead; that works out of the box for me.
Published 13 months ago by Nick Alec

2.0 out of 5 stars Two stars so far because it was a beast to ...
Published 2 months ago by Arabic Autodidact

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, November 24, 2013
This review is from: Belkin F8T065tt Mini Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter Dongle For Windows XP Windows 7 & Windows 8 (Personal Computers)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
With those system compatibility notes out of the way, i have had no issues with the actual performance. The only thing that bugged me was the rounded handle, it makes it hard to pull out the device from the usb port.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tiny, works well, but yes, the blinking light can be annoying, November 21, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a 5 year old Windows 7 desktop PC connected to my TV, and I connected this Bluetooth adapter so I could send & receive media to/from my phone & laptop. The installation was pretty easy, with no problems or confusion, and my devices paired quickly. The transfer speeds are decent--nothing spectacular, and not a 'significant' difference between this Belkin & the Medialink Bluetooth adapter I'd used previously.

The only complaint I have, and as others have also stated, is the annoying flashing light. Having it constantly flashing while using my HTPC is enough for me to remove it & install the Medialink adapter back on it. I'll use the Belkin at work to transfer files to/from my phone, where the blinking light will be less of an issue.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great. Good range. Flashing LED can be annoying though., October 24, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I use these bluetooth dongles to connect my computer to a bluetooth headset for listening to videos, podcasts, etc. This Belkin version works well. The software installed within a few minutes without any unnecessary options or bloatware.

I have previously been using the Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter and thus was able to do a direct comparison to the Belkin version with the same computer and headset. I found the 2 to be virtually indistinguishable. They both have about 60 feet of direct line-of-sight range. They both connect quickly to my headset. They both are the same size and seem to have the same build quality. They both have blue LED's.

The only difference between them is that the Belkin LED flashes when there is a bluetooth connection (solid light otherwise) while the Medialink LED emits a solid light at all times. The bright, flashing LED can be annoying if it is in a visible area like the side of your monitor. If the LED bothers you, covering it up with a bit of duct tape or electrical tape is a fairly easy fix but I would worry about too much tape decreasing the range.

Bottom line: If you want the LED to flash signifying an active connection, get the Belkin. Otherwise, go with the Medialink version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as well as I could hope and far better than the last 2 I tried, November 10, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the third Bluetooth USB adapter I've got over the past few years. The first one I got a few years ago and the technology was pretty week. Since that I got one more recently that had simple setup, but it was spotty with connections. I actually thought the problem was my cheap headset, but my PlayStation 3 seemed to work fine with the cheap headset.

Now I noticed a huge improvement on my phone when it updated to Bluetooth version 4 so I figured I give this Bluetooth adapter a try. I have to say that I am extremely pleased with the performance of this adapter. My same cheap headset has been brought back from the dead to work with my pc now. I haven't had any issues at all. As soon as I turn the headset on this adapter picks it up no problem every time.

The only thing I would like to see changed about this thing is the option to turn off the blue LED. It's certainly not a big deal, but I would much prefer not to have this light on. Of course I could turn the adapter off to turn the light off. I'd like the adapter on with the LED off.

Even if you have had issues with other Bluetooth adapters I recommend trying this one. The setup does require a CD drive for the drivers to install. If you don't have a disk drive then check the Belkin website for available driver downloads before purchasing this. Windows 7 doesn't recognize it be default.

Pro: small
Pro: works well and as expected
Pro: Simple setup

Con: Blue LED can not be turned off without turning off the adapter

4.0 out of 5 stars Remote music, March 8, 2014
Edwin E. Hooker Jr. (Salisbury, Maryland) - See all my reviews
Allows me to play my siriusx/m radio app from my laptop or desktop and listen in another room, even in the bedroom!

4.0 out of 5 stars Belkin reliability repeated here, November 21, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Small & efficient. it works. It isn't a big clunky thing. It's small enough to be lost easily.

This is one of those techie items that you don't want to think about, see, or mess with. They are supposed to just WORK. Belkin is also a reliable name brand in the techie department, and it delivers their familiar reliable service. What more could anyone want?

2.0 out of 5 stars Two stars so far because it was a beast to ..., October 5, 2014
Arabic Autodidact "Power Buyer" (Greensboro, NC United States) - See all my reviews
Two stars so far because it was a beast to install. so here is what you gotta do.....If after you install the software you get the yellow warning triangle in the device manager or devices and printers or a messsage that says device did not install properly go to the "devices and printers" tab in the start window. Next you will see the device icon and the words BCM920702 Bluetooth 4.0. with a yellow triangle in the corner. Right click then select properties. Then select the hardware tab at the top. What you will see is two devices that are ok and two with errors. Those two are the one you will need to fix by selecting the device then clicking the properties button. When the next window pops up select Change settings. When the next window pops up select the driver tab at the top then update driver. You will be given two options: Search automatically or browse my computer. Select browse my computer and go to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERSTORE. This should allow you to update the driver. Do the same thing for the other device that shows an error. One of the drivers is for the Microsoft Bluetooth enumerator and one is for the Bluetooth personal area network. This will probably also work with the KINIVO dongle I bought that wouldn't install either.

4.0 out of 5 stars When I tried to connect with my phone I had to go thru the regular crap of discovering, October 6, 2014
Works on my windows 7 and my old XP box.

I plugged the device on the front of my Windows 7 PC and ran the software (note, the software has a bitmap popup, click "next" only once). As soon as I went to my device manager I saw the two open bluetooth devices, my wifes phone and the roku (the roku is about 20 feet away). When I tried to connect with my phone I had to go thru the regular crap of discovering, pairing, allowing permission etc....(this is no reflection on the device or software, this is the usual bluetooth connection crap you have to go thru).

Once I got a connection to my Win 7 PC I was able to transfer files easily enough. I did have to mess about with allowing, setting up file locations etc. But it did work.

I did the same types of things with my old strictly offline XP PC and it worked as well.

Bottom line, it worked on an new and old pc. However I would not recommend this for your Granny/Oma or someone who is not at least a litte computer savvy. Also, don't expect this to transfer as fast as a USB cable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Short Lived, September 30, 2014
The item worked once I got thru the very slow software CD loading the drivers. The range was tested to 30 feet and worked OK. The item would loose connection often after about 5 minutes of operation even when my WIN7 laptop was 10< feet from the Bluetooth device. We left the dongle idle for two weeks then when placed in service it was dead. Even the Belkin troubleshooter said it could not see it. I found this dongle to be aggravating to use and sensitive to non-use. It costs too much to mail it anywhere versus the price of getting another one locally. Thus know if it dies so does any money you spent on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, July 7, 2014
great product, easy to use and works wonderfully using my pc