Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Belkin USB 2.0 Hi-Speed 3-Port ( 2 external & 1 internal ports) PCI Card
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on February 3, 2005
Installed on an ancient Dell desktop running Win 2K and it came up, autodetected, auto-downloaded the drivers, installed and works. Belkin got it right on this product.
on February 22, 2006
I installed the card and crossed my fingers hoping for the best. My computer is a few years old but has Windows XP. The Old Dell instantly recognized the new Belkin USB 2.0 Hi-Speed 3-Port ( 2 external & 1 internal ports) PCI Card. My new Canon Pixma 780 printer plugged right into the port and started working at wonderfully fast speeds. It makes a big difference and I was impressed that Belkin got it right and my old Dell Desktop instantly recognized the card and took care of the installation.

I would hope everybody has the same luck I had with the installaton of this fine product.
on January 12, 2006
How much can one say? This card installed flawlessly and requires no driver installation (must have XP SP1 at minimum). Had it up and working < 5 minutes. No problems to report since.
on April 23, 2011
For some time now I have been plagued with an issue where, whenever an external USB drive was connected to my computer, I could not even make it past the memory-countup in POST.

I searched the tech sites looking for an answer, and found *MANY* other people with the same problem (as near I can tell it is certain chipsets on motherboards - by many different manufacturers - which cause the issue), but no answer.

UNTIL - I _finally_ found a site where a poster wrote that he had solved this problem by merely installing an el cheapeaux generic USB PCI-card and plugging his external drives into it.

I spent the pocket change to buy this card and *voila* (or Viola, if you're more musically inclined): PROBLEM SOLVED!

I can now boot with any number of USB drives attached and the system no longer hangs before it can POST. Like many such computing annoyances, it was simple to fix but long in the solving. I couldn't be happier than I am with this card. :o)
on November 15, 2010
Ordered this for a 2000 Gateway computer.

Well, to keep it simple, I plugged it in, and Windows 98 recognized the card and installed the drivers automatically. Flash drive was recognized showing the card worked. Couldn't be happier as to how easy it was to install and how the card was compatible with older computers. Thanks Belkin, nice to have something work right on that computer for a change!
on February 25, 2006
I was apprehensive about getting a USB 2 card for Mac. I hear a lot of stories about not being able to wake the computer when it goes into sleep mode.

This one has worked well without any issues so far.
on September 29, 2005
Great product . I was able to add a couple of external ports in 10 minutes.
on April 26, 2011
I bought this card to install into an old poweredge 300SC to add USB 2.0 capability after I rebuilt it with XPSP3.

I popped the side off the computer, installed the card in about 45 seconds, booted the computer and card was recognized and installed.

I immediately was able to transfer data much faster. Did I mention I am very happy with this card? It just worked.

If you have an available PCI slot which is 2.1 complient this card should also work for you to add USB 2.0 or additional 2.0 ports. Good Luck.
on April 27, 2013
I bought two of these and installed them into a couple of old computers with win98 os.(Am I the only one still using win98?). The description said works with win98se and it does. I use a graphic program and an old Canon printer to print LOTs of pages from decompressed zip and rar files. So I appreciate the faster transfer with usb 2.0 vs. 1.0. Just be advised, if you already have a lot of peripherals configured to your computer you might tax your resources by adding this card (i.e. irq, dma, etc.). I disabled a scanner on one computer and it works now. Belkin is a name brand, and they make good quality products, which I have a few of.
on July 21, 2013
The Belkin card installed effortlessly, and added new life to an old Proliant Server. The USB devices and flash drives have worked without incident. An added bonus was the internal port. Rather than let it go to waste, I inserted a spare flash drive. It has been reading and writing to it flawlessly, giving me an extra "hard drive." The extra storage space has let me free up even more resources on the old work horse, and it is running like a new computer.