5.0 out of 5 stars Another Belkin winner
Installed on an ancient Dell desktop running Win 2K and it came up, autodetected, auto-downloaded the drivers, installed and works. Belkin got it right on this product.
Published on February 3, 2005 by Shannon B

3.0 out of 5 stars decent card but take note.....
easy to install. works great except it does not wake from sleep on a mac. I have a wireless usb adapter plugged into this card. When I wake the computer from sleep mode the card does not wake with it, therefore I cant connect to my wireless router.
Published on February 5, 2010 by TTRUE

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Belkin winner, February 3, 2005
This review is from: Belkin USB 2.0 Hi-Speed 3-Port ( 2 external & 1 internal ports) PCI Card (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked Perfect, PC Recognized Card Instantly, February 22, 2006
Timothy J. Delahunt (San Antonio, TX. USA) - See all my reviews
I installed the card and crossed my fingers hoping for the best. My computer is a few years old but has Windows XP. The Old Dell instantly recognized the new Belkin USB 2.0 Hi-Speed 3-Port ( 2 external & 1 internal ports) PCI Card. My new Canon Pixma 780 printer plugged right into the port and started working at wonderfully fast speeds. It makes a big difference and I was impressed that Belkin got it right and my old Dell Desktop instantly recognized the card and took care of the installation.

I would hope everybody has the same luck I had with the installaton of this fine product.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's A Snap, January 12, 2006
How much can one say? This card installed flawlessly and requires no driver installation (must have XP SP1 at minimum). Had it up and working < 5 minutes. No problems to report since.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, November 15, 2010
Ordered this for a 2000 Gateway computer.

Well, to keep it simple, I plugged it in, and Windows 98 recognized the card and installed the drivers automatically. Flash drive was recognized showing the card worked. Couldn't be happier as to how easy it was to install and how the card was compatible with older computers. Thanks Belkin, nice to have something work right on that computer for a change!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with Mac, February 25, 2006
S. Marr (Allen, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I was apprehensive about getting a USB 2 card for Mac. I hear a lot of stories about not being able to wake the computer when it goes into sleep mode.

This one has worked well without any issues so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install, September 29, 2005
Great product . I was able to add a couple of external ports in 10 minutes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solved A Knotty USB Problem!, April 23, 2011
For some time now I have been plagued with an issue where, whenever an external USB drive was connected to my computer, I could not even make it past the memory-countup in POST.

I searched the tech sites looking for an answer, and found *MANY* other people with the same problem (as near I can tell it is certain chipsets on motherboards - by many different manufacturers - which cause the issue), but no answer.

UNTIL - I _finally_ found a site where a poster wrote that he had solved this problem by merely installing an el cheapeaux generic USB PCI-card and plugging his external drives into it.

I spent the pocket change to buy this card and *voila* (or Viola, if you're more musically inclined): PROBLEM SOLVED!

I can now boot with any number of USB drives attached and the system no longer hangs before it can POST. Like many such computing annoyances, it was simple to fix but long in the solving. I couldn't be happier than I am with this card. :o)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, May 30, 2010
I needed a high speed USB on older computer, Win 2000, to attach a laser printer. This card works very well and is an excellent value.

5.0 out of 5 stars It Plugged, Played, and Crashed my Machine, May 23, 2007
Alan Spicer "aspicer" (Fort Lauderdale, Florida USA) - See all my reviews
I installed this on a white box PC built on a P4iY Fire Dragon Motherboard with P4 2Ghz. I installed it mainly to work on someone elses Laptop 2.5" hard drive in one of those USB 2.0 hard drive boxes.

It worked ok for that purpose but I started having random video problems and half boot-ups with the desktop locking up during boot at the desktop and various points of drawing the desktop screen.

I finished the laptop hard drive work using this thing and shipped it for payment. Then I kept having system lockup problems. One early morning we took a power glitch and at automatic reboot after power off (my BIOS setting: Power on after Power Fail) the hard drive boot was hosed. So I ended up recovering my own computer and hard drive (data recovery) after recovering someone elses laptop hard drive (my customer).

So I bought a new hard drive and re-installed XP Pro. I recover my data off the hosed HD. And I still have very often system locking up problems in Windows XP Pro. And problems at boot at the desktop (hangs up).

So I removed the last piece of hardware that was NEW. The Belkin USB 2.0 Hi-Speed 3-Port PCI card. I don't know why this was happening. I don't see any conflicts. The Soyo P4IY Fire Dragon Motherboard does have built-in USB host controller with several ports, and I have a Belkin 4-port USB 1.x hub ... Microsoft USB Keyboard, Microsoft USB Mouse, and another thing I added lately a SATA hard drive controller card.

I'm not sure how I came about this problem... just lucky I guess. I'll have to trouble shoot it more later (when I can afford to crash the heck out of this computer working on it, which might be a long time from now.)

So for now it's outa there. I'm not saying it's a bad product. But it does show that everything doesn't work in any machine with any other hardware around. There can still be conflicts (imagine? in 2007?)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product,fast delivery, January 4, 2007
Very good product so far for the many you spend,I increased downloading on my mp3 player SanDisc Sansa m230 and downloading pictures from my camera Samsung.