5.0 out of 5 stars Best Little Phone Cable
I needed a replacement shielded phone cable for my DSL router and could not get one from my ISP nor could I find one locally. Mostly what I got were blank stares and dumb looks. This Belkin RJ11 cable came with a robust shielding for RF interference and has performed very well.
Published on October 28, 2006 by Stephen P. Leonard

1.0 out of 5 stars Nicely Made ... But Mine Was DOA
This is a nicely made cable; however, there are a few things that are not very well engineered.

Published on March 14, 2011 by No*BoUnCe

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Little Phone Cable, October 28, 2006
This review is from: Belkin High-Speed Internet Modem Cable, RJ11M/M, 15ft. (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars DSL or dial-up, you need it., April 22, 2012
Why do internet service providers provide such wimpy phone line cords with their DSL modems and gateways? It's almost as if they don't want you to get the speed you're paying for. If the phone line is static-free but hammered by external interference from CFL bulbs, cordless phones and even the Wi-Fi signal from the router or gateway, your ISP compensates by momentarily disconnecting the line and reconnecting at the next lower speed. Even worse, it's a one-way street. Once the speed has dropped, it won't go back up unless you cold-boot the modem or gateway. Log into the modem's setup screen and check its connection speed (don't log into the router's setup screen and don't use a site like speedtest.net for this). Ideally, it should be at least 80% of the promised speed. If it's not, this cable might be what you need.

The shielding reduces external interference so the wire can deliver every megabit to your modem with fewer re-sends and dropped packets. Get it along with a heavy-duty noise filtering surge suppressor like the Furman SS-6B Steel Power Strip and Amazon pays for the shipping. Combined, they could make all the difference between getting all the speed you can instead of settling for what you get.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nicely Made ... But Mine Was DOA, March 14, 2011

First off are the connectors and their ease of removal ... I had to remove this cable after I found that it was defective and not working, and I could almost not get these connectors unplugged from my modem or the wall jack. This should be an easy and simple thing to do, however, the release tab on each connector end flexes way too much when being depressed, thus not allowing the latch to disengage the connector without a major effort. I had a heck of a time trying to get this cable unplugged once it was plugged in, almost damaging my modem and wall jack.

Second major problem was that this cable was DOA ... absolutely no DSL signal when I replaced my old cable with this new one. I tried several times to get it to work, but I got nothing. When I connected my old AT&T cable back up, all was well and working as usual. I had to return this Belkin Modem Cable for a refund.

Thirdly, be aware that this cable comes very tightly wound up into a small bundle ... Resulting in a much coiled modem cable when you unroll it. It will take some time to try and straighten it out enough to get the full usable 15 feet.

This modem cable did not work out for me, even though it was well made. Sorry, but I cannot recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great cable for the price., October 3, 2011
I bought this cable to replace the DSL patch cable that came with my DSL modem. There was nothing wrong with patch cable, but it was too short for the my new office configuration. The patch cable was 12' long and I needed more like 15'. The next step up on the patch cable was 25' and I didn't need the second line (patch cables are RJ14 cables and have two lines running through them with the same connector as a typical single phone line, RJ11). I had heard that a regular RJ11 phone line (typically a flat cable) can give you a weaker signal over long distances due to the lack of shielding. So, I opted for this Belkin High-Speed Internet Modem Cable. It's exactly the same as a normal RJ11 phone line except it's shielded. I will say, the cable looks nice and delivered the same upload and download performance as the patch cable. The speed tests didn't show any real increase, but I wasn't really looking to gain one so that's ok. I did not test it with a normal phone line, so I can't offer a comparison there. The connectors are very well made and have a flexible cord strain relief lead off the connector to keep you from accidentally over bending the cable at the connector and pulling the wires out. This happens with typical phone lines. The other aspect that I like (that others have not liked) is that once the connector is in the socket it does not want to come out. It takes some working at it to get it out, but I've had the patch cable come out from moving things around before and that is more annoying to be honest with you.

Overall, great buy. Worth it for the build quality alone. Nothing worse than trying to troubleshoot a bad connection and finding out it's the cable or a connector...which isn't always easy to figure out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, December 6, 2010
I purchased this for use with my DSL modem.Motorola 2210-02 DSL Modem Southwest Region (Silver)I was using AT&T cable that went with my modem prior to purchasing this one. Modem would often disconnect, or I would have a slow connection. I have had zero disconnections since I installed this modem cable. It is a far superior product than the cable that comes with your modem. I highly recommend switching to this cable. My internet connection is faster and doesn't get interupted when multiple devices are using it at once.
With the old cable, I couldn't be on my laptop and watching streaming video through my Wii at the same time. Now I can do both and it is great! My internet connection no longer slows down when mulitple devices are in use!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A solid product, April 8, 2012
I found this to be a very solid product that works very well. Unlike what was written in other reviews, the RJ-11 connectors fit into my wall jacks and fax machine perfectly and are easy to remove. I strongly recommend this product. Great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars great cat5e rj11 dsl modem line, February 25, 2011
Just got this today and seems to help webpage load a tad bit faster so I say it is worth it to get this cat5e rj11 cable, It is a little bit thicker then the stock cat5 cable my phone company gave me , The only downside is now I can no longer fit my two way phone splitter on the two way dsl filter(one for the dsl line and the other for regular phone stuff), So I can not really blame the cable, I will just plug my phone somewhere else, I will further update in a few months to see if cable will last, In cases anyone was wondering about my setup I have att dsl (6 Mbps potential download speed) with speedstream 5100 series modem and all cat 6 ethernet cable and netgear wndr 3700 wireless N gigabit router

5.0 out of 5 stars Nearly doubled my DSL speed, March 17, 2013
I replaced my thin/cheap phone cord with this shielded cable and my DSL upload/download nearly doubled. I didn't think it would make that much difference...I'm impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality DSL cable replacement, January 8, 2013
This is by far the highest-quality RJ11 (telephone) cable I have ever seen, and certainly used. It is more robust, with dual-twisted copper wires and molded grip-clips that resist bending or breaking. I would certainly recommend this to any DSL modem owner who wishes to ensure no loss of data transmission speed through "standard" phone cables. Excellent product, Belkin!

5.0 out of 5 stars modem cable, January 30, 2012
I purchased this 15 ft cable to move my gateway modem by my stereo, hdtv, and blu ray player. There is no interference at all. This is very good