5.0 out of 5 stars Much Better Cable Than the DSL Provider Supplied
This is a RJ11 DSL Modem cable Not an RJ45 CAT5 network cable.
This cable is used to connect a DSL Modem to the isolated( hopefully) wall phone jack.
This is not the cable used to connect the modem to the PC.
Published on December 27, 2011 by D Crouch

1.0 out of 5 stars Belkin blows (it)
Published 20 months ago by Ronaldo

5.0 out of 5 stars Much Better Cable Than the DSL Provider Supplied, December 27, 2011
This review is from: Belkin High-Speed Internet Modem Cable, 25 feet (Personal Computers)
This is a RJ11 DSL Modem cable Not an RJ45 CAT5 network cable.
This is not the cable used to connect the modem to the PC.
The cable the DSL "tech" used in my initial installation was poor quality, it had bad locking clips and was too short. The Belkin cable gave me the extra length I needed and it locks into the connectors securely.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far...A real improvement, May 13, 2011
I have tried various phone & data phone wires, and this has been the best so far. Page changes for internet surfing have been faster. Streaming performance on video is improved. Using this cable from the outlet to the dsl modem and a CAT 6 cable from the modem to the the PC makes a great set-up. I could have used a 50 foot version though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed!, March 18, 2013
I used this cable to replace the infamous GREEN cable that comes with the ATT Uverse modem. This particular green cable is not a regular phone cable, although it does look like it with RJ-11 inputs at either end. Rather both the green cable and this Belkin cable are CAT5 cable with RJ-11 ends. This allows you to perfectly replace the short 5 foot green cable with this 25footer! I have absolutely no issues with my connection with this cable. It is a little more difficult to get out of the UVERSE modem than a regular phone cable or the green cable...but it's not a big deal....just a little more finicky. Other than this, it's perfect! Buy it if only to replace the hideous green color.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly faster, July 14, 2013
I have used our DSL-provider's cable for six years. Its okay. After I plugged this in, downloads were much faster. I'll update later, but I am very impressed thus far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like it should, July 23, 2011
It's a cable, there's not a lot to rave about. It works as advertised, and connection quality doesn't seem to drop any over the extra distance than over the AT&T 2-Wire 4 foot cable they provide. In short, if you need something longer for a 2-Wire modem or DSL modem, this does the trick!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for DSL!, December 5, 2002
Eric D. Corwin "jen-eric" (Pullman, WA United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this b/c my DSL modem came with a dinky, 6' cable. Not enough! This one is great, I would have given it four stars if it would have come in lengths longer than 25'. like 30, or 50'.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tab issue, September 23, 2014
I have to echo other reviewers who had problems getting the connector back out of the equipment. This connector would not pull out of the phone jack. I used a nail file to depress the tab enough to release it from the jack. Using the tab as a template, I used an x-acto to shave down the black plastic that is directly underneath the tab until it was almost flush with the plastic when held down. I repeated this procedure on the other end as well. This made the connectors function as one expects without any further issues.

Speedtest showed no difference between my ISP supplied cable and this one, but the former was too short. 25 feet was just right.

1.0 out of 5 stars Belkin blows (it), March 23, 2013
I've never dissed a product openly like this before, but Belkin's High Speed Modem cable deserves it. I can't speak to how it actually works, seeing as how I never got that far. It comes so tightly coiled that nothing I could do short of tacking it to the carpet strip could keep it unfurled -- and even then it wanted to coil between the ugly tacks. What's worse, plugging the RJ11 connector into the wall jack might as well have been a forever connection. I had to unscrew the wall plate to get leverage for my Swiss Army knife to pry the connector out. By the time all this was done, I'd had it. Didn't bother to replug, just tossed the cable. Other buyers have mentioned both these negative points about the cable -- believe them! I have also read reviews on some of the Belkin power strips, the ones with the rotating plugs, that have melted after short use. I believe it. Belkin's design and quality-control teams should be fired en masse. I will never be a customer again for any of their products. Really p****d off.

1.0 out of 5 stars I rarely leave reviews. This is one of those ..., October 29, 2014
I rarely leave reviews. This is one of those cases in which I do. I need to move my ATT wireless modem. I had read several reviews that this was way faster than the "green cable that ATT provides you" It might be per distance, but I bought this one, measured the speed and it went down by a factor of around two. Just to make sure I did several tests. So, no, I have a 18 Mbits/sec and this dropped my connection to about 6. With the (shorter, admittedly) green cable from ATT I measured 16Mbits/sec (I have a plan that i supposed to have 18Mbits/sec). So 100Mbits my ass.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, July 12, 2014