5.0 out of 5 stars great value
Eliminated electrical noise from furnace, dish-washer, garage door opener, etc. I'm using it for a home theater and am very happy w/ the results. No more hits in the video when the large appliances thru the house turn on. It mounted securly on the wall behind an audio tower. The cable labels are a nice addition.
Published on March 19, 2007 by Dan L. Leatherwood

3.0 out of 5 stars Great buy for the buck!
Published on May 10, 2011 by Late Boomer

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, March 19, 2007
Dan L. Leatherwood "tvdantv" (chester springs, pa United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Belkin PureAV Isolator Home Theater Surge Protector (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars solid, November 1, 2006
A solidly built unit, much heavier substantial feeling then most surge protectors. Has a very long cord, in comparison to other surge protectors, which gives you more placement options. Whether it improves your picture or not I'm not sure of, but the technology in this unit I'm sure is the same as those found in the more expensive versions offered by Belkin and Monster. I have one and have ordered two more at a site (I confess) other then Amazon due to a much better price.

I also have a Belkin PF30, which Amazon currently has the best online price on for just under a "Franklin". This is also a nice unit that looks better if your protector is going to be visible. At the current Amazon prices, I would recommend the PF30 first. If they drop their price on this 10 outlet unit to around a "Grant", I'd choose this one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great buy for the buck!, May 10, 2011
Belkin makes a decent surge protector and passive filtering power conditioner. The outlets are arranged in banks of two, and isolated from one another. The two outlets closest to the cord are recommended for a power amplifier and offer the least amount of "filtering." It is my experience that a high current amplifier works best when plugged directly into the wall outlet...using no filtering whatsoever. Keep in mind that doing so also disengages the surge protector. Interestingly enough, the Belkin will also control the outlet that it is plugged into, as well as the electrical devices plugged directly into the Belkin.

The Belkin Surge Protector is well built and rugged. It does the job and works better as a filtering device than many audiophile products costing three times as much. I do believe the versions with fewer outlets, in particular the 6 outlet version once offered by Home Depot, are sonically a bit superior to the 10 outlet model. Or, perhaps my 10 outlet model needs a little more breaking in? In any case, I would give the 6 outlet version 4 STARS, and the 10 outlet version 3.5. In either case, the performance is outstanding for the money and virtually impossible to beat. Even if you have higher end audio equipment, give these a try. You will get clean sound without coloration. You will not be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant, well built, and safer than any other I've seen!, January 9, 2011
It might be expensive, but one of the best I've ever seen. I've been a Fire Investigator for over 20 years, and see the all. This one is #1 in my book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Much more than a surge protector, July 17, 2009
Barry (Salt Lake City, UT) - See all my reviews
I was getting electrical feedback (popping) from an electrical circuit because of a problem with one of the home entertainment devices I had plugged in. I later diagnosed this as just a problem with a plug, but needless to say I didn't want to run any risks for fire or malfunction in the circuit, so I bought this device because of its "isolator" technology. Besides just being a surge protector to protect your electrical equipment from line surges, it isolates each plug from all the others, so that if one device has a problem, it doesn't mess up anything else. It also filters out electrical noise from the circuit (like television interference that happens when you run the vacuum, etc.) It was a little expensive, but considering it is much more than a surge protector and I'm protecting a $1,000 television, along with many other devices, it's a small price to pay.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with mine, I purchased 2 of these, April 28, 2009
I bought my two units in 2007 and I'm very happy with both units; mine came in fine condition and cleaned up the garbage power I had. I'm very happy with the performance of the unit. I have spectacular lightning storms where I live and I protect some expensive electronics with these devices. I've had lightning destroy electronics in my house, to include a garage door opener.

Now I don't have that problem, I've had my units since January 2007 and have had no repeat problems since using these units. I'd recommend these to others. Now that the price is down, I'll probably buy another, or see if a newly updated edition exists.

4.0 out of 5 stars This Power Center is a great value!, July 27, 2008
We have recently updated our home theater with a new 60" Pioneer Kuro plasma and Denon 2808 receiver/amp. We were concerned that our old surge protector's specs would not adequately protect our new equipment or provide the clear filtered signal that enhances it's performance. The Belkin PurAv Power Center is a great value. To achieve the same level of surge protection and signal filtration using a "Monster" brand product, you'd pay twice the price. This is a nicely designed, sturdy product that appears to perform very well according to it's specifications.

5.0 out of 5 stars Value Out The Wazoo!!, November 25, 2007
JPB123 (Silver Spring, MD) - See all my reviews
Plenty of protection for my home theater. Great aluminum construction and long reaching cord. Unbeatable price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, August 9, 2007
I bought one and found a cut on the power cord. Returned it and found another gash on the power cord of the replacement. I think the way they package this product was the cause of the damages.

Rate and Discover Movies