The manufacturer commented on the review below
4.0 out of 5 stars For those with steady hands! Otherwise, beware!
Published on January 6, 2012 by paRksandRecjunKy

The manufacturer commented on the review below
2.0 out of 5 stars Very challenging to install without trapping dust beneath
Published on January 4, 2012 by Adam

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
4.0 out of 5 stars For those with steady hands! Otherwise, beware!, January 6, 2012
This review is from: Belkin Kindle Fire 2 Pack Clear Protective Screen Overlay w/ Cleaning Cloth - Lifetime Warranty (does not fit Kindle Fire HD) (Accessory)
I ordered this product before there were any reviews of it here on Amazon. I thought, Sure why not? I don't want my Kindle Fire to get scratches, so I ordered. I had seen hideous reviews for other similar products, and chose the Belkin covers since I've bought other things from them and was pleased. I watched the video on here with the simple instructions on how to place the screen overlay. It looks simple enough, but I think that when it comes to it, it's quite difficult. My first try was not so bad: I only have one corner with minor mistakes, but the whole thing works. If your hand is not as steady and your patience is easily extinguished, do not buy! I think that for the price, it's a good product. Plus, the cloth is amazing. I believe the key to applying this is to do it as quickly as possible and watching the video a few times.

Posted on Jan 10, 2012 12:59:00 PM PST
Hello paRksandRecjunKy,

Thank you for writing your review. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying your screen cover. Please write us at customercare@belkin.com if you ever have any questions or comments for us.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
2.0 out of 5 stars Very challenging to install without trapping dust beneath, January 4, 2012
Adam (ROANOKE, VA, United States) - See all my reviews
Perhaps this is an inescapable fact of screen protectors that are this large (though I'm not yet prepared to take that for granted), but this screen protector was very difficult to install without getting dust trapped under it. I ended up having to remove and discard the first of the two screen covers, and I now have the second one on, but there are still dust motes trapped under it -- one of which is quite distracting and vexing.

I've installed numerous such screen protectors on smaller devices such as smart phones, and I've found those installations / covers much better by comparison. In this case, I assiduously followed both the instructions included with the screen covers and the video on this page, and I still got a lot of dust under the first screen cover.

In retrospect, some of that was actually coming off the back of the removable film as I peeled it out from under the screen cover and pressed the cover down. So I pulled off that screen cover (since by that point the grime and dust was irrevocably adhered to its underside) and started over. I painstakingly wiped the screen down, and this time I also tried to wipe down the removable film backing. I also tried to ensure the removable film backing didn't come into contact with the screen. The second attempt went better, but as previously noted, I've still got some dust under it and one mote is particularly irritating, causing an unremovable bubble near the center of the screen.

Also, be prepared to keep your screen cloth handy, because this glossy screen cover picks up fingerprints very noticeably. All in all, I might score this a 3 if I were convinced that this is the unavoidable dilemma of all screen covers when they get this large, but it is definitely not a satisfying product, and I still hope and assume that it can be improved upon.

I'll grudgingly prefer this over no screen protector at all, but based on the aggravating, unsuccessful installation, the fact that I've already burned the spare cover, and the hope that this can be better, I think this product only merits 2 or 2.5 stars. Not sure if there's a better option out there for you, but be warned.

Posted on Jan 10, 2012 12:30:40 PM PST
Hello Adam,

Thank you for writing your review. We would like to apologize for the difficulties you had with applying your cover. If you have any issues with the one currently on your kindle please write us at customercare@belkin.com and we will help you out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Product - Here's why ..., January 10, 2012
Aim High (Dublin, OH United States) - See all my reviews
I was reluctant to use my new Kindle Fire without a screen protector, but balked at purchasing one because of negative reviews on the offered products. When I received these screen protectors, I watched the brief video and applied one. The application went flawlessly the first time (took about 60 seconds) and the product is so clear I wouldn't know it was there is I hadn't applied it myself. In contrast to the unprotected Kindle surface, I don't see fingerprints or smudges after use.

My experience: this is an absolutely outstanding product that's well-worth the price. I'm baffled by the negative reviews and have to assume that those who wrote them simply failed to follow the instructions.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Posted on Jan 10, 2012 1:08:45 PM PST
Hello Aim High,

Thank you for writing your review. We are happy to hear that you had no troubles with application of your screen protector and that it is working out well for you. Please write to us at customercare@belkin.com if you ever have any questions or comments for us.

2.0 out of 5 stars not as easy as it looks!, January 5, 2012
This is not the first time I have installed a screen saver but it will be the last time I purchase this brand!
Air bubbles galore, card scratches the protective cover. Followed video to no avail!! Would not recommend this to anyone.

Posted on Jan 10, 2012 12:32:58 PM PST
Hello Vin,

Thank you for writing your review. Please accept our apologies for the troubles you had with applying your screen cover. Please write us at customercare@belkin.com as we would like to speak with you more about your experience.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Belkin Kindle Fire 2 Pack Clear Protective Screen Overlay w/ Cleaning Cloth - Lifetime Warranty, January 5, 2012
The protective screen film is not worth it!! Like customers before have said, it is not easy to install, it left many bubbles underneath and to top it off when I tried to peel off the front label tab, it left a sticky residue which is impossible to get off!! It is a total waste of time and money.

Posted on Jan 10, 2012 12:49:20 PM PST
Hello cherry blossom,

Thank you for writing your review. We would like to speak more with you regarding your experience. Please write to us at customercare@belkin.com so we can help.

Belkin Support

3.0 out of 5 stars Direct comparison of Belkin and 3M protectors, February 15, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was given two different products to test for the same function on the same day: 3M's Natural View Screen Protector and Belkin's Screen Protector for the Kindle Fire. As both my wife and myself received a Fire for Christmas, I had an opportunity to test the products side by each. The 3M product went on her's and the Belkin went on mine. We applied each as instructed and it was a hands down runaway win for the Belkin product. Belkin bested 3M on three major counts:

1) Though neither ever became "bubble free", Belkin's bubbles reside near the very edge while 3M's was a fight to get bubbles out of the middle. The main reason why is that Belkin included an edger that slowly pushed the bubbles to the edge when applying while 3M's did not.

2) Though I have no way a measuring such a small plane, it sure FEELS like the Belkin cover it thicker. It had no sliding issues, a problem the 3M product demontrated when applying, and it seems more fingerprint resistant.

3) The Belkin product came with a nice cleaning cloth, which was very handy when we elected to remove the filmy looking 3M product from my wife's Kindle Fire. I still have the Belkin product in place on mine, but her's was just a pain to use and didn't last 14 days before it had to go.

I didn't give very high marks to either product in the long run because it remains uncertain if you really need them at all. True, my protected screen requires less wipe downs, but that is a 15 second effort. The gorrilla glass of the Kindle Fire seems very strong to me, and the slick protectors will not protect the device from water - they only cover the screen - so in the end I would say - if you have to use

5.0 out of 5 stars There is a trick to it!!!!, February 16, 2012
I was really nervous when I ordered these with all the negative reviews about air bubbles!! But I decided to give it a try. They arrived today...took a deep breath and applied 2 (one on my mom's and on mine) Took me a total of 5 minutes!!! Not an air bubble on either. Here's how I did it.... Make sure your screen is clean...lying flat in portrait position....remove 1st film...stand the film on the bottom edge then slowly lay it down, working from the bottom with your finger. If you get a bubble raise it back up and then lay it back down. Kinda like hanging wallpaper. When you reach the top you can keep bending it back until you are at the end then let it down. Peel off the other film!!!! I hope I explained this ok....I never had to use the smoother they sent. I'm pretty sure if you try to apply it all at once the bubbles would be horrible!!! Good Luck!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Please watch the video before applying!, March 21, 2012
I had a hard time with this at first and probably ruined one of the protective covers by trying to apply it without watching the instructional video. The instructions included are way too vague and reminded me of Ikea instructions. After giving up and thinking it was trash, I read the reviews the next day and contacted the Belkin service via email. He recommended reading the instructions on the website and watching the video. After I did this, I got it on with no problems at all. Once on it is almost like it isn't there, and I forgot how mad I was after trying the first time. I think they should give more explicit instructions with the covers and provide web links to the online video instructions. Chances are there wouldn't be as many disgruntled people thinking it is trash like I thought after my first attempt. I would have given it a higher rating if this were the case and I would have had a successful first application.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money - don't buy this!, January 8, 2012
Followed all directions but I was unable to install this without bubbles. Applicator included actually scratched the first screen. Ended up throwing both sheets in the trash. Paid $15 for a 3" x 3" cleaning cloth. That's all I kept.

Posted on Jan 10, 2012 1:03:18 PM PST
Hello disappointed,

Thank you for writing your review. Please write us at customercare@belkin.com as we would like to replace your screen protectors for you.

1.0 out of 5 stars AIR BUBBLES AND BAD FEEL, January 5, 2012
Next to impossible to get on without leaving air bubbles which look pretty bad when the power is off. Can't see them as much when its on, but still annoying. You should probably try as scrap out the air as you set the protective screen on. But the worst part is the feel of the screen. It feels almost sticky and makes it harder to navigate. Wish I could remember who made the screen I have on my iphone, because that it great. This on is nothing like it. In all fairness though its pretty tough and will protect against scratches.

Posted on Jan 10, 2012 12:48:10 PM PST
Hello Ryno,

Thank you for writing your review. We are glad to hear that you like the durability of the product but would like to speak with you regarding the bubbles you have. Please write to us at customercare@belkin.com.

Rate and Discover Movies