4.0 out of 5 stars Met, slightly exceeded my expectations
If your kitchen has cabinets and you have a tablet that can't find its proper place in the kitchen, Belkin's add-on will allow you to securely place it under the cabinet. It worked well for me.

POSITIVES

Published on November 30, 2011 by A. Dent

3.0 out of 5 stars Fits my Toshiba Thrive well, but it's just OK as a holder
I don't know why they specifically call this an iPad mount when it fits a variety of tablets and e-readers. My ( much thicker than an iPad) Thrive is easily held in landscape mode. It also holds my Kindle keyboard in portrait mode. The problem is that it doesn't have a lot of functionality as a holder.

If you have under-cabinet lighting make sure you will...
Published on April 16, 2012 by Sheila (NJ)

3.0 out of 5 stars Fits my Toshiba Thrive well, but it's just OK as a holder, April 16, 2012
This review is from: Belkin Kitchen Cabinet Tablet Mount (Personal Computers)

If you have under-cabinet lighting make sure you will have a place to put this mount. If you look at the product picture, the arm in the back that presses against the bottom portion of the cabinet goes back pretty far. I was able to place it between the lights I have, but it does limit where I can put it. In addition, my cabinets won't close well when it is in place. I have an overlay cabinet door but it does have a part on the back of the door that sits inside the opening, this keeps the door partially open when the mount is in place. If you have cabinet doors that sit inside the frame, then you will definitely not be able to close the door. If, due to your lighting, you need to place the mount near the hinges, then chances are your door will have to be completely open to accommodate this.

The biggest drawback for me is that it doesn't swivel at all. I didn't even think about that when I ordered it as a lightning deal, but it does limit its usefulness. Depending how your cabinets are situated it may not be an issue for you, but since it sticks out pretty far when you have it attached you can't have it directly in front of where you are working. If you put it to the side of where you are working, it isn't facing you and you are looking at it from a side angle. If you work near a corner you may be able to put it on the cabinets that are running the other way so that when you turn your head you are looking directly at the screen.

The mount itself seems to be made decently made. The two pieces slid to together easily and it is simple to mount. There is a knob on the bottom to tighten the back arm against the bottom of the cabinet or shelf, however, there is some spring to the arm that keeps me from tightening it as much as I want. The pieces that sit against the cabinet are rubberized to keep scratching from occurring. Once seated on your cabinet you simply place the the tablet on the bottom bracket and then press the two buttons on the top bracket to slide it into position and lock the tablet into place. The parts of the bracket that touch the tablet are also rubberized, but I wish they were thicker and had more give so that the brackets would hold the tablet tighter. No matter how hard I push down on the top bracket when locking it, I can still slide both the Thrive and the Kindle out the side. They wouldn't easily knock out, but you can slide them.

Overall it will fit a wide range of tablets, and it does its job of keeping the tablet up off the counter while cooking or cleaning (a must for a messy cook like me). However, with a few design changes it could do its job a lot better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Met, slightly exceeded my expectations, November 30, 2011

POSITIVES

+ It was very easy to install. You simply attach the 2 parts - they snap in - and you're done. Our 14 yr. old did it in about 2 minutes all by himself.
+ Easy to mount under a cabinet or under a shelf. There is a knob that allows you to tighten the grip so that the tablet will be safe.
+ Gentle to the cabinet. All physical contact with the cabinet's wood is with rubberized grips. Scratches are out of the question, all other damage is not likely.
+ You can still open/close the cabinet door.
+ Slider tablet grip locks into position, ensuring that the tablet is safely attached.
+ Size doesn't matter much. Thanks to the slider tablet grip, this worked well with an Android 10.1", an iPad and an HP Touchpad.
+ Easy to get the tablet in/out by simply squeezing the grip's lock buttons.

NEGATIVES

- This will work best with slab-like cabinet bottoms/shelves. If there is some thinner plywood behind the 'front', it will still attach but you may not be able to tighten it to a perfect grip.
- It is possible to get some vibrations if the grip is not sufficiently tight.

MY RATING

Belkin's product delivers what it promises. It is now possible to have your tablet hanging under a cabinet. Overall, the F5L100tt (model number) met and slightly exceeded my expectations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely delighted, even holds iPad 2 while in protective case. Improved design.., December 3, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Before writing this review I checked out the 1 star reviews, primarily written when the Belkin Under Cabinet Mounts for the iPad and Tablets were new to the market. Based on those reviews, there seems to have been an early design issue which has been corrected. ...and kudos to the manufacturer for reading and responding to reviewers...as indicated by comments under reviews.

The mount works perfectly for me, greatly increasing the usefulness of my iPad tablet. It even accommodates the protective case! I'm impressed. I do have cabinets without totally flat bottoms, so I simply tighten the grip as needed. It remains securely in place, even when my disposal is running and sending out some vibrations.

I use the Belkin under cabinet mount mostly in the kitchen, whether watching a cooking video online, searching for a recipe and then preparing it or simply watching a news channel -at eye level- in between kitchen chores or while eating. This product has allowed me to get so much more pleasure and use from my iPad as I go through my usual routine.

Here are the major features I like:

1. The adjustable clamp. Works with a range of tablets, including an iPad 2 with case,

2. Goes up quickly, removes quickly without tools. Desn't mar cabinets.

3. Puts content at convenient eye level.

4. Ideal solution for hands-free use...or minimum need to touch screen since it is secured in place and requires little to no adjustment.

5. Makes it so much easier to use an iPad 2 or other tablet as a portable entertainment center. Having that eye level view makes things so convenient!

Know someone with a tablet? This would be a great gift, unlike so many other accessories that aren't as useful.

1.0 out of 5 stars Excellent concept, very poor construction, February 25, 2013
This review is from: Belkin Kitchen Cabinet Tablet Mount (Personal Computers)
First of all, if you haven't thought long and hard about using an iPad in your kitchen, this concept is absolutely amazing. The way the product hangs off the cabinets without causing any installation debris, and can easily disconnect and go into a drawer, is genius. It is also great for reading a recipe (and having it handy), looking something up quick (how many tsp in a tbsp?), and for watching movies while cooking!

Which is why you need to find a kitchen iPad mount that actually works. Don't buy this product unless you like duct tape. I've gone through two of these products, and both of them broke within 10 minutes in different ways. The first, the top bracket broke off and I ordered another. The second, the bottom screw broke which sent my iPad crashing down. Rather than go for a third return, I decided to duct tape it back together. Now I have my lovely iPad kitchen mount working again. But wouldn't it be nice if there was something this great that didn't break so often? And what about for the cooks that don't like duct tape?

Read the reviews. This has serious manufacturing problems. Me, I'm still using it. Says something about how awesome it is to have an iPad in the kitchen!

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work as expected., February 10, 2013
This review is from: Belkin Kitchen Cabinet Tablet Mount (Personal Computers)
I tried installing this device on my kitchen cabinet and it did not work properly. I was able to put this item together in a snap. However, the tightening mechanism did not tighten up on my kitchen cabinet tight enough to hold my iPad. Very poor design. Once I relized it would not work, I could not take it apart to return it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lots of shortcomings, but a nice concept, November 28, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The overall concept of this stand is great - a quick way to store a tablet out of harm's way when using it in the kitchen (or any other room that has a wall cabinet) while still retaining functionality. Unfortunately, the design is marred by some shortcomings that detract from making this a good performer.

The stand is adjustable and will work with a variety of tablet sizes. I had no problems using it with an iPad and an HP Touchpad in landscape mode. It will NOT fit either in portrait mode.

I also tried it with a Kindle Fire with mixed results. The adjustable grips are a little short of securing it well in landscape mode. It is workable, but not as secure as I would like. It works better in terms of security in portrait mode, but the clips hit the power button and also block the speakers.

The overall build quality is so-so. The knob that is used to adjust tension feels very flimsy and is hard to grip. A larger knob would have been a much better idea. The stand will not set square - no matter how it is adjusted, it tilts to the left a small amount. If you adjust it so it is square, the pad that grips the bottom of the cabinet is off-kilter and won't make good contact.

Most important is the fact that the grip plates that hold the tablet are too wide, and the tablet moves back and forth when you touch the screen. This is most noticeable (and irritating) when using the thin tablets such as the iPad and the Fire. It is better, but still not great, on the thicker tablets like the Touchpad.

I used some foam as a backer to help stabilize the tablet and that made the tablet much more sturdy in use. I'm still not happy with the lack of stability, however. I'll only use this for situations where I don't have to touch the tablet at all or very much (such as streaming music or watching a video). It's not well suited to applications that require a lot of touching, such as reading/using a cookbook or browsing a site.

I have several other Belkin products and find them to be well made and a good value. I'm sorry to say this product is neither. Unless you're willing to modify this to increase the stability, you should avoid. A shame, since the concept is good.

1.0 out of 5 stars Learned my lesson, never buy Belkin products!, March 1, 2013
Robin E (Waco, TX, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Belkin Kitchen Cabinet Tablet Mount (Personal Computers)
I bought this cabinet mount as a Christmas gift for my daughter. She was very pleased with it and was using it regularly, but only a few weeks after she began using it the arm that tightens to secure the mount to the cabinet broke, and won't tighten down anymore, so the mount is useless. Of course, it broke a few days after the return policy had expired, so they won't replace it or give me a refund. As it turns out, my daughter also received a Belkin iPad cover that fits over the back of the iPad last summer, but it cracked as soon as she attached it. Needless to say, we are extremely dissatisfied with Belkin and will definitely not be buying anymore of their products.

1.0 out of 5 stars broke in less than a month - no customer service, September 16, 2012
This review is from: Belkin Kitchen Cabinet Tablet Mount (Personal Computers)
This worked great for about 3 weeks, then the arm that supports the bracket under the cabinet no longer held its position, and the tightening knob had no effect. Support from Belkin has been abysmal - the product doesn't appear in their support system, and queries go unanswered. I'm still going to pursue it with them, but beware - this looks like a really useful gadget but doesn't live up to expectations.

1.0 out of 5 stars would not hold adjustment, September 25, 2013
This review is from: Belkin Kitchen Cabinet Tablet Mount (Personal Computers)
Tried to adjust to hold tablet on angle just spins or locks up would not adjust , very poorly made

4.0 out of 5 stars Good design, but mine defective - Belkin support useless, May 14, 2013
This review is from: Belkin Kitchen Cabinet Tablet Mount (Personal Computers)
Had high hopes for this, but it won't adjust correctly to the cabinet. Upon inspection, it looks like the mechanism that puts pressure on the back arm has been installed backwards. Trying to get an email or chat support from Belkin appears impossible, unless I want to email India or Japan, etc. Tried to register my product to try to get support, and the link goes to a dead page. You have to assemble the item (snap together two pieces) in order to find out it's defective, and there's no way to separate them. So much for any refund from Amazon. NOT happy.
Edit 1/2015: So, we've used this for a long time, and while I had to use a rubber band to keep the rear arm in place, the thing works great. We use it all the time in the kitchen to check email, read recipes, and/or listen to music with a blutetooth speaker. We use it with iPhones, iPad Mini, Moto-X phones and a Nexus tablet. I still recommend it to others. Upping my 1-star to a 4-start, assuming I just got a bad item.

Belkin Kitchen Cabinet Tablet Mount