5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy!
Just in case you wanted to buy Belkin Slim Backpack- don't... This one is way better! The material is very good quality, will last forever, unlike the slim backpack that is made of neoprene. Plus this one is as slim and lite and looks as good.
Published on November 9, 2009 by OT

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice design but poor quality
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:44 Mins
Published on January 7, 2012 by Jaden

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy!, November 9, 2009
This review is from: Belkin Core Laptop Backpack (Pitch Black/Soft Gray) fits up to 15.6-Inch laptops (Personal Computers)
There are two main compartments inside and a zipper pocket outside. The laltop compartment is padded for better protection, it won't feet a 17", only 15" or smaller. Second compartment is spacious enough for a book or two and it also has a pen holder, a smaller zipper pocket and a couple other things that will hold small items. You also get a removable pouch that easily fits charger which is convinient.
The straps of this backpack are padded as well and are adjustable.
Great buy overall: looks good, functional and priced right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Functional and stylish, April 10, 2010
I am used to over-the-shoulder laptop bags to carry my computer, files and other miscellaneous items. After a while, I started experiencing shoulder and back pain from the heaviness of the bag. The Belkin bag may not be "pretty", but it's still stylish and not bulky at all which is why I love it. I use the Belkin bag to hold: my laptop, some files, a small notebook, pens, cell phone, umbrella, and my work heels comfortably. When I carry it on my back, I can barely feel the weight because it's now equally distributed instead of solely on my right shoulder. I walk about 1.5 miles per day commuting to/from work and I have never felt any pain since using this bag. However, if you're a student hoping to haul several textbooks and notebooks, this isn't the bag for you. I love this bag because it's slim and not bulky, but I also don't have a lot to carry around. When I first wore the Belkin bag to work, two of my female co-workers immediately wanted to try it out because they were also experiencing the shoulder and back pain from carrying too much weight on one shoulder. Both have purchased this bag after trying it out for a day. I discovered this bag was waterproof during the second week and that was an added bonus. If you don't have a ton to carry around, then this is the bag for you and I highly recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars After a lot of research this is an amazing backpack., March 15, 2010
This is an amazing bag. I was looking around the web for a few hours and I finally decided to buy this bag. The slim version of this bag must be tiny because this bag is quite small. But not too small, i put my 15' macbook pro/ a medium sized text book/ two 2 subject notebooks/ a slim hard drive/ the wires for the hard drive/ psp go/ iphone/ computer charger/ my tapes for my video camera and pens and pencils. These all fit and it keeps a very slim presence it is not even stretching. I find that it can do this because of the way that they have placed the bags on the back back in such a way that everything is spread out and fits wonderfully. The laptop holder is padded so I am not worried about my laptop breaking and the media holder is wonderful. I put my psp go there and it actually cleans the screen every time i get it out. I am very glad that the reviews pointed me towards this bag it is the best laptop backpack that i have ever had.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice design but poor quality, January 7, 2012
Length:: 0:44 Mins

5.0 out of 5 stars Belkin 15.6" Review, July 22, 2010
Jeremy L. Morris (Murfreesboro, TN United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased this bag in early June for a 15.6" Toshiba Satellite L500 laptop. It fits perfectly. The bag is low profile and light-weight. By low profile, I mean that it doesn't project far away from the user's back. Since the weight is kept close to the wearers back and center of gravity, it helps reduce back strain. The outside of the pack is also very minimalist. Lacking the netting, multiple zippers, pockets, etc that tend to clutter up other laptop back packs. This bag has the look of a very compact parachute. In my opinion it does not scream "laptop bag" like other bags do.

As far as storage it comfortably holds my laptop in a padded, felt-lined cradle that sits up against the wearer's back. Further out there's a cavity that goes all the way to the floor of the bag. I'd say it's suitable for 1-2 average sized books or 4-5 paperback novels placed edge to edge in a single layer. I finished college long ago but if I were to estimate, I'd say it could hold a freshman level biology or chemistry book along with 1 spiral notebook, a TI-89 (or comparable), and writing utensils. There's also a small concealed pocket on the outside that could hold a student ID, keys and some cash. The bag also comes with what can best be described as a small banker's purse. It's a rectangular bag mabey 11x5 or so with a zipper along one edge. It's designed to hold your charging cord and helps keep the inside of the pack tidy. This bag is not suitable for students looking to carry a full days worth of books.

I've found this bag to be very comfortable to wear and it's a great size for travel. It's compactness makes it great for getting up and down tight airplane isles or crowed security lines. I'd gladly recommend this bag to anyone looking for a smaller but adequate laptop bag.

3.0 out of 5 stars Stylish but small, September 23, 2010
After looking for hours I decided on this bag, but when it came in it is very small, so I sent it back. I am an older grad student that goes straight from class to work, so I needed something that I could carry my laptop and class material in, looked as mature as possible, had good organization for my other personal items (cell, wallet, keys etc) and most importantly affordable. The price for this one can't be beat, and I have recommended it to friends even though I didn't keep it. There were 2 main reasons I sent it back: 1) once my laptop was loaded in I probably had room for one course pack (spiral bound 1.5 inch) and a composition book, I don't carry a ton of books, but more than that and 2) there is no dedicated pen, pencil, phone pocket...the little card slot organizer (pretty lacking) is just on the inside of the main compartment which would become a nightmare I'm sure.

This would be perfect for a lady that needs a laptop backpack, but also carries a purse. It is made very well. I decided on an Ivar Zug G2 Daypack instead...more expensive but meets my needs better.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good Design but Very Poor Quality, August 23, 2011
In the first week of having this backpack, the side pocket zipper got stuck and became unusable. About two weeks later, one of the main pocket zippers became stuck and "derailed". I tried to use the other zipper, but it too would get stuck in the same place. In the process of trying to get the zipper back on track, the fabric tore where it met the zipper. The backpack has a good design and I really wanted to use it, but the quality is extremely poor. The zippers are cheap and the stitching is weak. It's not built to last even light use. I've gotten better quality "freebie" backpacks from conferences. Very disappointing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Caveat emptor - zipper broke on day one!, August 20, 2011
For months I have been searching for a better solution to my laptop bag problem. Working in NYC, I need a laptop backpack that will carry the bare essentials - something that won't be a burden to lug around on the subways and buses.

Like most people on Amazon, I am influenced by how many stars and the search position of the product I am looking to buy. When this bag popped up as number one, I read a few reviews and took the plunge. HUGE mistake.

I took the bag out of the box, and was shocked at how cheap the zipper was. I couldn't believe a company like Belkin would use such terrible quality components. When I pulled the zipper gently it made a horrible sound, and when I used a little more force it skipped teeth and jammed several times. Then it just broke outright.

At first I thought the product was defective, but after screening through some more reviews I noticed that several other users had commented on the cheap feel of the zipper. Luckily the company I bought it from gave me a refund no questions asked.

I have been an Amazon customer for over a decade - but for the first time I am suspicious that marketing companies are spamming the reviews on this product. There is no way that this product deserves such a high rating.

This zipper will break on you - caveat emptor.

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter Crap!!, August 5, 2011
Amazon Customer "John" (Hampton, VA United States) - See all my reviews
I should have known it wouldn't last when I saw it was made by Belkin. I've had a number of their electronic devices (USB hubs, routers, etc) and all have died before their time. Belkin seems to have some quality control issues.

This, alas, seems to be no different. It looks to be a very nice backpack, but I've only used it twice and the zippers are already useless. It was very difficult to zip from the first day that I got it, but now the zippers just skip. Poor quality - true to the Belkin brand.

Don't buy it. You'll be sorry.

Addendum: I've explored returning the product via the Belkin website for a replacement. Be warned they stick you with the shipping charges for the defective product to send it back to them. Quite frankly, I've wasted enough money on this product, and Belkin in general, and will not be sending this back. Oh, and good luck trying to contact them through email. It's possible but their website is obviously designed to prevent this and makes it a trial. Don't bother with Belkin. You can find better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag, great price, April 25, 2010
crouchingtiger "Japanese learner" (San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This is a simple, well-constructed backpack with surprisingly thoughtful design. I bought it to shuttle my laptop back and forth from work on my bike -- I normally carry some additional papers/folders with me and this bag is sufficiently big for that task. The appeal for me was the trim design; the size is such that I am not tempted to overload it, but there is enough stretch that I have even been able to fit a basic change of clothes in the bag in a pinch. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on such a backpack so I am pleased with this aspect as well. In terms of the unexpected, the soft padding in the laptop compartment and in the small pocket on the outside of the case is great. The bottom compartment on the outside is the perfect size to fit my Kindle. There is a separate small "knick-knacks" case included as well.

Overall a great value, and a professional, non-garish, functional design.