Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on July 13, 2013
My spare computer is a 6+ years old Dell Dimension Pentium 4, running Windows XP. I inserted the disc and chose to install the software. After a couple of minutes I was instructed to install the device and bam it was working. I was very happy there were absolutely no problems. The speed is much faster than I expected. It is only slightly slower than my other computer which is directly connected to my DSL modem/wireless router. This device is very very small. I picked it because the price is cheap and the Belkin name. I am very happy.
VINE VOICEon January 23, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This adapter is very, very slow.

First of all, the driver found in the bundled CD is horrible. I could only get speeds of around 70 KB/s with that. Afterwards, I noticed that Windows Update had found a driver update for this device (released on January 2011 - and FYI the actual chipset is a Realtek RTL8192CU). After installing that, I saw a dramatic increase in download speeds (up to 500 KB/s, but it would still drop to slower rates at random). Tried the latest Realtek driver from July 2011, but couldn't notice a difference in speed between that and the Windows Update one. For your reference, I could get these files at over 2MB/s with my other wireless adapter, and my OS is Windows 7 x64.

I tried both Hulu and Netflix, but they were both unwatchable due to constant buffering. With my other adapter Hulu buffers for a second or two at the beginning of the video, and then never pauses due to buffering issues. With this Belkin adapter, on the other hand, the video was stopping every 10 seconds.

Oh, and during the entire time I had this connected to my PC, the signal strength to the router was excellent. So, download rate issues do not appear to be from poor wireless connectivity.

Maybe I have a defective unit, but at this point I can't recommend it.
on July 7, 2014
For the price I got it for (~$15), I was able to regain wireless on my laptop after the wireless card/switch broke.

Pros:
-The adapter is tiny (like the nano receiver you get with some Logitech mice) With its compact size I was able to stick it in the back of my laptop and forget about it.

-The speed is decent, for general web surfing and watching videos at least. I wouldn't use this for anything that demands the utmost performance though.

Meh:
-Yeah, you have to install drivers from a CD, but it was easy and really wasn't a big deal... For computers without a CD drive though, you may have to go to Belkin's website on another computer and download the drivers to a flash drive and install from there.

Cons:
None. I got what I wanted
on March 4, 2015
This, in my opinion, is great! My PC is an Acer purchased in 2011, did not have WiFi, and Acer reps quoted me approx. $100 to convert it to WiFi capabilities - a far cry from the low price I found through Amazon. As soon as I plugged the adapter into the USB port, it recognized the Belkin Router, I logged in and have been using this WiFi adapter ever since (with auto-connect option).
on August 22, 2015
Barely noticeable when installed, don't need to remove it when carrying the laptop in a case. Worked right out of the box on an old Windows XP Toshiba laptop.

Range is decent and connection is stable.
on January 15, 2014
we had purchased a laptop [lenovo u310] which seemed to have a poorly designed wireless card in it. After trying to get it fixed and getting the run around... we turned off the internal card, purchased this item and plugged it in. The laptop [win 8 os] identified it immediately, automatically installed the drivers and we were able to get online in about 2 minutes from plugging it into the computer. This adaptor is perfect... zero hassle and seems to be very zippy. Would purchase again - it is really inexpensive and works! A perfect combination! What more could one person want?
on March 19, 2015
My new HP laptop was having wifi problems at my house and at college, just couldn't keep a connection for more than a couple minutes...

After installing this device which took about 2 minutes, my laptop had fantastic wifi every where I go. If your laptop is having similar problems to mine try this out, super cheap and a great fix!
on November 23, 2013
Fantastic item! I purchased a new Win 8 ASUS laptop a year ago. I have been dropping the internet regularly for months now. Regrettably, I replaced my router first thinking that was the issue. To my surprise, it didn't fix the issue. I called comcast and had my modem checked, no issues. I installed a repeater, no improvement. Why it didn't occur to me that it was my new computer, I wil never know. The computer seemed to work fine otherwise, so I bought this and sure enough it solved the problem. It is low profile and I simply turned off the laptop radio and used this and no more dropped internet connections.
on March 18, 2014
This product exceeded our expectations. We used it on a desktop computer with an older operating system (XP) and loaded the software from the install disk that came with it, restarted, installed the adapter and "wa-lah". It recognized wireless networks in the area immediately. We are impressed. Would highly recommend this product. Have tried others and so far nothing has compared. Amazing, especially for the size of this baby.
on December 15, 2014
Works great from the start. Installation was easy and straightforward. Pop in the CD and wait for the install program to prompt you to plug in your adapter.
Have had no problem with connecting either of the machines I have installed this on.
I am a computer tech and these work great for replacing a laptop adapter which has gone down, especially in those cases where the built-in adapter is difficult to get to. Once pugged in it is unobtrusive and can remain plugged in to your USB port without much fear of getting snagged by your bag when you are transporting your laptop.
I always like to have one on hand when a client calls with a laptop which has connectivity issues.