5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Cable for Cheap $$$!
Published on December 30, 2004 by Amazoner

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good for my Emotiva sub and pioneer receiver
Hi all,

Published on July 21, 2011 by J. Thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Cable for Cheap $$$!, December 30, 2004
Amazoner (Nashua, NH USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Belkin 15 feet PureAV Subwoofer Audio Cable (Electronics)
Just bought this cable from Amazon and received it in two days! I ordered a Subwoofer for my AV system from Amazon and then realized I needed a cable. I shopped around the local big box store thinking their prices and selection would be similar to Amazon, but I was wrong. I didn't think the cables they offered were worth the money. Some of the Monster cables were over $40, and the cheapo quality ones were still over $20, and looked like they wouldn't sound very good. So I checked out Amazon and found this 15 foot cable by Belkin. It looked about the same quality as monster, so I decided to give it a shot. So far I am very impressed with the quality. It seems every bit as good as the more expensive Monster cable, but at about 1/4 the price! With gold plated connectors, double shielding and a heavy outer covering, this cable is top notch...don't let the cheap price fool you. I'd say it is a much better value than the other brands.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Price without compromising quality, January 31, 2005
O. Zamora "zamo" (Boca Raton, FL, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Belkin 15 feet PureAV Subwoofer Audio Cable (Electronics)
The quality of the cable is excellent. Consider it a Monster Cable at 75% discount.

Subwoofer output is smooth and undistorted.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good for my Emotiva sub and pioneer receiver, July 21, 2011
Hi all,

I hope this helps some people. I purchased this cable b/c I wanted all new cables for my new UltraSub 12 from Emotiva, a $500 sub, and my Pioneer AV receiver model VSX-1019AHK. I had old monster left/right subwoofer cables which worked fine. Plugged in this new cable from the LFE out of my receiver to one of the 2 mono sub inputs on my UltraSub and bam terrible hum called ground loop noise, even when the receiver is turned off and no components wired into it. Hum goes away when the subwoofer cable is unplugged so the sub itself is fine.

Called Emotiva tech support who is awesome by the way. Suggested I try the old cable, and bammo - no hum at all. Replugged this new sub cable in, and the hum was back.

I'm sure the cable would work for some people, but if you have subwoofer hum aka ground loop noise, my old Monster cable, seems to be better shielded and I hate to say it, maybe higher quality. I'm not a Monster fan and I think they are overrated but it worked this time.

Consider a different subwoofer cable if you run into the same problem I did.

Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good quality subwoofer cable for less money, August 9, 2005
This review is from: Belkin 15 feet PureAV Subwoofer Audio Cable (Electronics)
I have noticed much better and clearer bass audio output from my Onkyo subwoofer using this Belkin subwoofer cable. Belkin makes good quality products that last and this one is no exception. There is no need to buy a Monster subwoofer cable unless you are hooking it up to a $2000+ home theater system!

2.0 out of 5 stars Probably not well shielded, January 8, 2011
This review is from: Belkin 15 feet PureAV Subwoofer Audio Cable (Electronics)
This cable works fine when all the equipment is turned on, but when my receiver is in standby mode, the subwoofer emits a constant low-pitch hum. Initially I thought it was a fault with my receiver but I tried it on two other receiver/subwoofer systems and had the same problem. I ending up buying another cable from radio-shack and it seems to work much better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality Subwoofer Cable, March 20, 2009
This review is from: Belkin 15 feet PureAV Subwoofer Audio Cable (Electronics)
I needed a slightly longer subwoofer cable to replace my 12ft Monster THX subwoofer cable (bought it at Best Buy when used to work there ages ago). I replaced with this cable. No difference in sound quality of course, works just fine.

If you want a well priced, quality subwoofer cable, look no further. The only the difference between this and the Monster cable is the Monster cable looks prettier and it latched on to the input like glue. To me it was more annoying as I really had to yank to pull the sucker out to be replaced, but I suppose some people like this. That's it, period. Sound quality is the same to our ears.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Subwoofer Cable, June 30, 2013
This review is from: Belkin 15 feet PureAV Subwoofer Audio Cable (Electronics)
I had tried the Mediabrige but the jacketing was not only unnecessarily thick and made out of a type of plastic that is almost impossible to lay flat. Being a type of plastic is wants to stay in the coiled circle shape it was shipped in. It was kinda like a soft form of barbed wire so to speak. I could not force the Mediabridge under my base boards toi hide the wire without breaking something. I then ordered these Belkins. Big difference, not in sound but how the jacketing is a soft rubber and will lay flat and stay where you put it. Was easy to slide under my base boards. Belkin makes quality stuff. Wished I had bought these Belkins first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cable...makes placement a breeze!, October 29, 2010
This review is from: Belkin 15 feet PureAV Subwoofer Audio Cable (Electronics)
I got this to use with my HTIB surround sound (onkyo makes the best HTIB btw). This cable makes it easy to find a home for a subwoofer...normally big and ugly haha. Just connect it to the LFE output on your receiver and then to the sub. You have to have an active subwoofer to use this cable..."active" meaning that there is an amp built into the subwoofer enclosure. One way to tell is, do you have to plug your subwoofer into a wall outlet??? If the answer is yes, there is a 99.999% chance that the sub is a powered subwoofer and thus this cable is what you need.

Smaller/less expensive/less powerful subwoofers are passive = they just need regular speaker wires like the rest of the speakers in the system. The cable is nicely built, firm connection, flexible enough to be practical...great price. Get one!

Note: this review is geared towards the more basic home theater setups so please don't leave crazy comments about some assumptions made above....if you have electrostatic speakers they need to be plugged in...if you have a passive sub that comes with its own separate amp...they you could use this cable...blah blah blah. I'm trying to keep it simple :) Post comments if you have questions

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Difference, January 25, 2013
This review is from: Belkin 15 feet PureAV Subwoofer Audio Cable (Electronics)
I do not know if this is specially designed specific for sub-woofers only. But I was using a RCA jack cluster cable made for DVD previously and when I replaced with just this single cable there was a phenomenal difference in sound output from my sub-woofer

2.0 out of 5 stars Humming Cable, July 13, 2012
This review is from: Belkin 15 feet PureAV Subwoofer Audio Cable (Electronics)
This may be a case of unfortunate defective product. I've purchased and used many Belkin products and when a Belkin product is good (most all Belkin products are), I am very pleased with quality and performance for the price. I did not exchange this cable since I used another from a local source.

Whatever the case, I won't say I hate this cable but, because of the humming, I don't like it for it didn't work out for me.