Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Belkin 15 feet PureAV Subwoofer Audio Cable
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on December 30, 2004
Just bought this cable from Amazon and received it in two days! I ordered a Subwoofer for my AV system from Amazon and then realized I needed a cable. I shopped around the local big box store thinking their prices and selection would be similar to Amazon, but I was wrong. I didn't think the cables they offered were worth the money. Some of the Monster cables were over $40, and the cheapo quality ones were still over $20, and looked like they wouldn't sound very good. So I checked out Amazon and found this 15 foot cable by Belkin. It looked about the same quality as monster, so I decided to give it a shot. So far I am very impressed with the quality. It seems every bit as good as the more expensive Monster cable, but at about 1/4 the price! With gold plated connectors, double shielding and a heavy outer covering, this cable is top notch...don't let the cheap price fool you. I'd say it is a much better value than the other brands.
on January 31, 2005
The quality of the cable is excellent. Consider it a Monster Cable at 75% discount.

Subwoofer output is smooth and undistorted.
review image
on July 21, 2011
Hi all,

I hope this helps some people. I purchased this cable b/c I wanted all new cables for my new UltraSub 12 from Emotiva, a $500 sub, and my Pioneer AV receiver model VSX-1019AHK. I had old monster left/right subwoofer cables which worked fine. Plugged in this new cable from the LFE out of my receiver to one of the 2 mono sub inputs on my UltraSub and bam terrible hum called ground loop noise, even when the receiver is turned off and no components wired into it. Hum goes away when the subwoofer cable is unplugged so the sub itself is fine.

Called Emotiva tech support who is awesome by the way. Suggested I try the old cable, and bammo - no hum at all. Replugged this new sub cable in, and the hum was back.

I'm sure the cable would work for some people, but if you have subwoofer hum aka ground loop noise, my old Monster cable, seems to be better shielded and I hate to say it, maybe higher quality. I'm not a Monster fan and I think they are overrated but it worked this time.

Consider a different subwoofer cable if you run into the same problem I did.

Thanks.
55 comments|27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 30, 2013
I had tried the Mediabrige but the jacketing was not only unnecessarily thick and made out of a type of plastic that is almost impossible to lay flat. Being a type of plastic is wants to stay in the coiled circle shape it was shipped in. It was kinda like a soft form of barbed wire so to speak. I could not force the Mediabridge under my base boards toi hide the wire without breaking something. I then ordered these Belkins. Big difference, not in sound but how the jacketing is a soft rubber and will lay flat and stay where you put it. Was easy to slide under my base boards. Belkin makes quality stuff. Wished I had bought these Belkins first.
on August 9, 2005
I have noticed much better and clearer bass audio output from my Onkyo subwoofer using this Belkin subwoofer cable. Belkin makes good quality products that last and this one is no exception. There is no need to buy a Monster subwoofer cable unless you are hooking it up to a $2000+ home theater system!
on April 30, 2015
Works great, don't believe the sales/advertising BS at places like Best Buy where they try to sell you $20-50 subwoofer cables, especially those with the "Monster" brand name on them...anything over ten bucks is a scam!

Got this when a $2 subwoofer cable I bought off of eBay failed. Hahaha, there are limits to thrift after all. :D
on May 26, 2015
This cable is really sturdy, and is working great with my 12" Polk subwoofer. The sound is really good.
The length is also a + as it is long enough to put your subwoofer pretty far from the receiver.
on October 29, 2010
I got this to use with my HTIB surround sound (onkyo makes the best HTIB btw). This cable makes it easy to find a home for a subwoofer...normally big and ugly haha. Just connect it to the LFE output on your receiver and then to the sub. You have to have an active subwoofer to use this cable..."active" meaning that there is an amp built into the subwoofer enclosure. One way to tell is, do you have to plug your subwoofer into a wall outlet??? If the answer is yes, there is a 99.999% chance that the sub is a powered subwoofer and thus this cable is what you need.

Smaller/less expensive/less powerful subwoofers are passive = they just need regular speaker wires like the rest of the speakers in the system. The cable is nicely built, firm connection, flexible enough to be practical...great price. Get one!

Note: this review is geared towards the more basic home theater setups so please don't leave crazy comments about some assumptions made above....if you have electrostatic speakers they need to be plugged in...if you have a passive sub that comes with its own separate amp...they you could use this cable...blah blah blah. I'm trying to keep it simple :) Post comments if you have questions
on January 22, 2015
The Belkin cable feels fairly well built and works as advertised. My only gripe (4 stars) is that the connectors feel a little more loose than I would have hoped. Overall a nice product for the money.
on January 3, 2013
For the money, this is a great deal on a 15' sub cable. I am running a total of four of these between my vintage Marantz receiver and a Carver sub via the receiver's preamp/amp in/out circuit. I did not experience any hum or distortion, contrary to what was experienced by some other reviewers. One of the RCA plugs fit too loosely to the sub, but I reversed the cable and it worked better that way. Overall, this product provides very good value for the money.