Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

• Customer Reviews

on March 31, 2011
You NEED to know - volume affected by other headphones!

This is a glaring omission from the product description.

>>> One person turns their headphones down, ALL other headphone volumes go UP!

>>> Unplug one headphone, the others go UP

>>> Turn up the volume of one of the headphones - others GO DOWN.

>>> Say you have your computer audio output split into headphones and a home stereo. Turn your headphones down, the home stereo goes UP - and vice versa.

Things get really complicated quick the more number of devices you plug in. This isn't the fault of the manufacturer, it is inherent in its passive design. BUT is should be stated clearly so you know before purchase.

I am imagining fights in the backseat of the car when someone turns their volume UP/DOWN to annoy everyone else!
1313 comments| 417 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 1, 2011
I got my splitter a month ago (or was it a few weeks?) and used it for my speakers and headphones on my Macbook Pro.

The volume doesn't necessarily die out when I plug in and turn on multiple headphones, but I can hear a slight drop in volume (but stereo is still intact), like I put a thin cloth between my ears and my headphone. If I plug in my speakers (which are amplified) there's no drop. So only the un-amplified devices will cause a volume drop (unless my outdated, 14-year old harman/kardon tweeters are somehow working better).

If anyone's interested, the volume drop is because the splitter is taking a single signal and distributing it to many devices in parallel. Since this is unamplified, the current will split unevenly across the devices (because each device has different circuitry and wiring). If you don't want a volume drop, get something like the Upbeat Audio T613-BMC Boostaroo 3 Channel Amplifier & Splitter for an amplified splitter.

Another thing the description doesn't mention is the included 25-inch male to male 3.5mm cable. It lets you split an audio source, and if you plug in both of the male cables to separate sources, you can split TWO signals!
22 comments| 115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2011
I bought this splitter to use with my iPad in my classroom. I am now able to use my iPad as a learning center with multiple children. The price was much lower than any other price I found as well.
44 comments| 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2008
Can be used with multiple pod and headphone combinations. My son plugged in Disney and Crazy Frog's versions of a song, through 2 pods. He and I both listened to his mix, and we still had two ports available for more friends or MP3 players. Only has one MP3 jack, so to use more than one device at a time, you need a male-to-male plug (radio shack/target/walmart for >$5). This is really cool for letting 5 kids listen at once. Great product. We'll see how it holds up over time, though the quality feels fine. Props to Belkin for making packaging that doesn't require scissors and sharp edges/sliced fingers to open...

EDIT: My son checked the packaging this morning before he threw it away and there was an extra male-to-male plug for connecting a second ipod wrapped up inside. The only way it could be better is if it made my coffee...
on July 10, 2008
3 kids, one DVD player, 4,000 miles

Every other headphone adapter was for 2 people, I've got 3 kids. This worked great for the entire road trip-- 4,000 miles and not once did I have to say "Don't make me pull this car over!"
on August 23, 2010
I just got this splitter and tried it in my classroom. I love it! I needed listening centers for my students and could not afford traditional listening centers, so I ordered just one of the Belkin headphone splitters to be sure it worked. This is perfect! For the price it's unbeatable. I had a couple dozen free pairs of earbuds from an airline that was giving them away. I plugged in 5 sets of earbuds to the CD player with the splitter and poof! instant listening center. I am online ordering 2 more! Yes, it's true that the volume decreased after the second pair of earbuds were connected, but the sound quality was perfectly fine for what I am using it for.
on July 14, 2012
I'm using this thing backwards; instead of sending audio to multiple receivers, I'm getting audio from multiple devices to a single output, specifically my PC and some game consoles to a monitor which supports only one audio in and out, to which the speakers are plugged in.

I can testify that this actually works, so if you're looking for a cheap, temporary, way to do something like what I am, this will suffice if you're not an audiophile.

The main issue is that the same problem others mention when using it to listen to music with friends also manifests: if I leave, for example, my PC on and try to play XBox, the volume drops quite a bit, and then if I bump the volume up and later switch one or the other off, things are now too loud. This means I can only really have one device on at a time or I manually remove cables, neither of which is exactly convenient. Also, I've noticed that the simple fact that other devices are plugged in (even if off) affects audio clarity, though I only noticed this by playing some music and removing plugs; on its own, I find the clarity satisfactory for my needs.

So, in conclusion, if you're trying to get audio from a bunch of devices for a temporary setup like mine, this little gadget will suit your needs provided you don't expect top-tier audio quality from it. Otherwise, if you're looking for a longer-term solution, a proper switch is probably a better buy.
88 comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 23, 2012
I bought this for my sons so they could watch movies on the iPad while traveling on a plane. It was easy to use, and the sound quality didn't suffer at all with three sets of headphones plugged in. It made travel a lot easier.
on January 18, 2013
This product does as it says... it breaks the headphone signal into multiple parts... The problem is that this product cannot bring out max volume in everything that is plugged in. This is the natural problem of all headphone splitters! Headphone amps will fix this problem. I personally Recommend the fiio E5 (20$) because it has a volume control and a power on/off switch. I give this splitter 3 out of 5 because of the cheap construction.
on May 14, 2009
For me, the Rockstar name fits perfect to this product!
After minutes opened I connect my guitar amplifier headphone output and a MP3 player with a backing track. The result was simply great for the price.
Pros: cheap, small, no batteries, 3.5mm male-to-male audio cable supplied, nice design.
Cons: when you connect a headphone or another audio source, you can feel the audio volume droping down a little bit. That could be a problem for the Rolling Stones, for me it's OK
review image review image