Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

Color: Black|Style: Standard|Change
Price:$2.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on December 12, 2011
I'm no technician, and some of the reviews here made me quite skeptical of this piece of equipment . . . so for those of you out there who, like me, just want to know if these things work, they do. They work perfectly. I received mine (2 of them) today and promptly plugged them in to see if both ends of each splitter played full audio. I have just the track to test this out; one with audio going back and forth between left and right channels. Testing this out in every case, I could hear both left and right channels through my headphones, just as I would have hoped. This tells me that the item is NOT simply channeling the left audio into one end and the right audio into the other end, but sending a "stereo" signal into both ends of the splitter. Also, the plugs fit and "seat" nicely, so I'm confident there will be a good quality and consistant sound coming through when it's time to put them to good use. Though the price is incredibly low, you can purchase with confidence! Oh, and in case it sounds like I work for Belkin or for the company selling this product, nope, I just wanted to clarify the issue since I was so confused reading so many reviews saying two different things. Now that I have mine, there's no confusion here!
1212 comments| 393 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2008
So to recap:
Dirt cheap
Flexible
extremely easy to use
Diminishes volume? Not too badly.
DOES preserve stereo separation! I'm mixing a song right now through these splitters and while panning back and forth, my headphones respond as if the splitter weren't in at all. It doesn't turn stereo to mono despite what that one guy said. And yes, I've got two pairs of headphones plugged in.

I discovered that if both sets of headphones plugged into the splitter aren't firmly plugged in, it will do the stereo to mono thing, but if you click them in properly, you're fine.
1212 comments| 270 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 13, 2010
I was looking for a device so that my wife and I could use watching video on my new iPad while flying. This works very well. It is compact, and I detected no degradation of the sound.
11 comment| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 21, 2012
After reading way too many reviews of headphone splitters, I was thoroughly confused. There were as many bad reviews for expensive units as there were for cheap units. I finally chose this less expensive (sub-five bucks) Belkin model and crossed my fingers. It almost went back.

There was no "click" when I inserted the headphone jacks, so I simply pushed them all the way in. The trouble is that if you push the male headphone jacks too far into the Belkin's receiver, sound will only come through one ear. Eventually I played with the unit enough to discover the secret. Leave the jacks partially out and they should work fine, or good enough for four stars at least. Hope this helps!
on September 3, 2008
As other reviewers have noted (and I've taken this into account for purchasing), the volume drops across both outputs since the signal is split -- not a big concern for me, but on some setups this may result in an unhappy amount of line noise when you have to crank source volumes to compensate.

I use this because I have a stereo deck (with high-quality Sony MDR-V900s attached) and a Plantronics headset I use for recording video tutorials and such on my computer. I didn't want to actively have to toggle back-and-forth, since that'd impede my workflow: my use case is swapping between headsets quickly, and this Belkin splitter is a tidy little solution!
on September 6, 2011
I bought this product assuming that the positive reviews would be correct and that the negative reviews were people who were mis-shipped the wrong item. I received a cord in the mail that looks identical to the one pictured and it does exactly what the negative reviews say it does. it doesn't split one audio source into two. it takes a 2 channel audio source and splits it into right and left channels. If you really need an extra connection and spot to lose audio quality to split your output into left and right channels for your receiver this will work wonders for you. if you are just trying to split an audio source into two duplicate connections steer clear of this as you will only wind up wasting your money.
99 comments| 137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 17, 2011
After ordering Professional Cable ST35-SPLIT Headphone Splitter - Black which I thought would be a headphone splitter...it was not, it was a left/right channel splitter, I then ordered this Belkin F8V234 Speaker and Headphone Splitter which is a headphone splitter. Instead of using the picture, I chose this Belkin F8V234 from it's product description and item/model number. Having looked up Belkin F8V234, it is, in fact, a headphone splitter. Still, from the reviews from both of the items I inserted links to seem to have mixed reviews as to what item is received. As for this Belkin F8V234 headphone splitter I received, it is exactly what I wanted and appears to be good (Belkin) quality and is working great splitting my music to two sets of earbuds...all without loss of volume or sound quality.

7/15/11 UPDATE:
I purchased a second one of this Belkin splitter and I, again, received the Belkin F8V234 stereo headphone splitter which is the product described, not pictured.

THIS IS A STEREO EARBUD/HEADPHONE SPLITTER!
88 comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 11, 2006
does the job and no complaints. These type of splitters are ideal because you don't have to worry about it breaking from bending. I purchased a splitter before that wasn't wired, just a solid unit, and it broke from bending too much.
on May 21, 2013
I ordered five of these. They came in generic packaging, no indication that they are Belkin (Belkin is pretty good about putting their name on their products!). On all five sets the stereo is not right. Using my Output balance on my computer(and I tried it on more than one computer), sliding it all the way to the right does what you would expect, I can only hear from the right side. But sliding all the way to the left increases the volume on the left side, but the sound is still basically centered. The effect of this is that there is improper balance from headphones. I was about to edit a Garageband recording because I thought that the panning was set incorrectly. Luckily I thought to listen without the splitter.
I am very disappointed in these, especially since they're obviously not Belkin, and they don't work correctly. I know they are inexpensive, and apparently I got what I paid for, but I thought I was getting a good deal on Belkin equipment, not a knock-off that doesn't work.
on September 5, 2015
Me and my boyfriend decided to have a quiet night listening to this hit the other day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wspHzprHsrs when I realized I didn't want anyone to hear it, so then i pulled out my splitter (if you know what i mean) and we proceeded to have an intimate moment with this genius of a song. Recommended for any household to have at hand!
review image