Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Belkin Wired USB Standard Keyboard for Desktop, Laptop, and Netbook (Mac or PC)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 15, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am a longtime Belkin user , owning many of their power strip and UPS products. This is my first experience with one of their computer keyboards. Basically, this is your basic generic qwerty replacement USB keyboard. The construction is bit beefier than a true "brand X" model but can't hold a candle to higher end models made by Kensington or Logitech.

Hey, this is a good low cost replacement keyboard and we ALL need to have a spare on hand. (a spare Mouse is a must as well)

This keyboard installs easily, has ample cable length and it works. That's about it really.. Nothing special and as the title of my review states, it is a Clickety-Clack type with very little dampening on the keyboard (if any). Otherwise this keyboard seems well made and should last as long as any other models, maybe longer since all my Belkin products are still in operation and some are over 6 years old. (albeit with no moving parts)

For under $20 bucks you could do a LOT worse and as such I can recommend this Belkin keyboard, however if you spend another 10 dollars you can get a much nicer keyboard with almost silent operation. It's really all down to economics and if saving money is a concern this would be money well spent.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
While this Belkin keyboard may seem like just any other basic keyboard, there are a few small details that set it apart from the rest.

The Good:
- Very large letters on keys. Probably the largest letters on a keyboard I've ever had
- Plug and play software, so there's no disks needed to install anything. It does it all on its own.
- Larger than average space-bar, makes typing with it a bit easier
- Light weight, makes traveling with it and storing it as a secondary keyboard simpler
- Low cost makes it a good choice for kids who may often spill things on the board
- It's full sized. While the price is cheap, the size is that of other keyboards

Possible Cons:
- Letters on keys are not centered. They are located on the upper left side of the keys, which might bother some users
- USB port use only. Does not come with a PS/2 to USB adapter like many keyboards do
- Keys are a bit shallow on the board, which make it a bit more difficult to type quickly on

Conclusion:
This Belkin wired keyboard makes an affordable option to those looking for a light weight, large lettered, basic keyboard. Perfect for students just learning the computer, or those who have a difficult time seeing smaller letters on an average keyboard. It's even a good option for those just needing a cheap replacement keyboard. Setting it up is effortless, since all it requires is plugging it into an open USB port on your computer. It's a full sized, well made keyboard, with a low price and basic design. A good choice for a basic keyboard.
VINE VOICEon October 24, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is just your typical, old school style PC keyboard with no bells or whistles. The cable is long enough that it should allow one some leeway when setting up the computer area. The keyboard includes the Windows key as well as the half moon (sleep), the half sun (awake), a power key, and a function key (labeled Fn). The 'F' and 'J' keys have the typical thin, elevated horizontal line so your hands can feel the position without looking. And there are two legs at the top that flip out underneath in case you want the keyboard angled. The keyboard itself feels light if not a bit flimsy and includes anti-slide pads on the bottom. Lastly, there is a nice curved area for your palms to slightly rest on (unless you do as your typing teacher says and elevate your wrists!). It's too soon to say how much abuse this keyboard can take, especially during gaming, as well as how visible the letters will be after significant usage. This keyboard is worth about $10 to me.
VINE VOICEon October 28, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Belkin Wired USB Standard Keyboard performed about how I expected for a List Price $19.95 keyboard. It was extremely light, which means it won't have a terribly solid grip on your desktop, but then again it did not slide around. I would advise you strongly to measure the length of the cable on the keyboard you are replacing. Like all low-end keyboards, the USB cable is hardwired and cannot be replaced. The 4 foot length is astoundingly short for use with a floor-mounted tower type computer which is already 2.5 feet below desk level. I ended up having to plug it into the frontside USB jack of my DELL tower, which is not very satisfactory at all. The Logitech keyboard it replaced (having lost its "/" key) had a generous six-foot cable so that is the new gold standard for me for keyboard cables.

The keys themselves did not have a terribly exciting feel, just adequate for the purpose. Given it may be something that you are touching 8 hours a day, I would ask you to consider a higher-end keyboard. However, if you are just looking for a temporary keyboard when you have your laptop clamshell closed or something like that, it is fine for that purpose. Don't expect to pay the price of a sow's ear and get a silk purse, ever.
VINE VOICEon April 7, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I prefer wired keyboards so I don't have to constantly replace batteries, so thought this would make a nice backup on my Mac. But I find the quality and feel of it to be so lacking, I couldn't imagine using it for anything other than maybe a cheap keyboard for a kid's computer or other situations where you might be needing to replace the keyboard often and need something cheap. Possibly as a backup or for situations where using the keyboard is a rare thing. The description of it as "quiet" is particularly comical, it's one of the noisiest keyboard I'd used in a long time, reminding me of the ones of yesteryear that make loud clacking noises as you type. I'm shocked at all the high reviews of this keyboard, regardless of the price it's just not a keyboard I would ever recommend using. You'd be better off going on ebay and picking up a nice second-hand keyboard for the same price.
VINE VOICEon September 26, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Since I work online full time, I go through keyboards quickly (I don't break 'em, but I wear the letters off and I'm not a touch typist, so they get replaced often). This makes me a fan of cheap replacement keyboards.

I also use laptops not only in the way people first expected to use them but also in the other ways people use them now: at a desktop in a meeting or conference, at a hotel desk, or in a coffee shop or other remote workspace. When you use a laptop for a long period of time, you're going to notice a difference in comfort and in speed, compared with a desktop computer that has a standard keyboard.

Enter the standard keyboard for the laptop. You can plug this one into your laptop and do a full eight hours of typing with the same speed and comfort you get with your desktop. The keys are responsive and quiet, the whole keyboard is lightweight, and it has tabs to change the angle if you prefer an elevated stance for your keyboard.

Great price, great keyboard.
on October 11, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a good basic keyboard with somewhat louder keys than my last one, the Logitech solar powered model, which lasted less than 8 months before it quit charging. I find the key placement on this keyboard to be perfect for me. (I never did adjust to the low profile and strange spacing of keys on the Logitech.) I use the F keys in my work, so it is quite refreshing to me that it is a natural reach and I don't have to look down anymore. Also, the number and arrow keypads have proven more accurate for me.

I've spent a great deal of money on keyboards over the years. I have come to the conclusion that it isn't always worth it to look for higher end models. Granted, I had a Microsoft keyboard that looked and felt brand new for the two+ years I used it (a cola spill took it out of service). But for the most part, the expensive brands have been a let down.

The only drawback for me is that is it not as quiet, but then cutting my fingernails might help.
VINE VOICEon March 20, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My mac didn't automatically recognize it, but all I had to do was press the key to the right of the shift key, say it was American style and it worked. I got this as a spare keyboard. It is convenient that it is a USB type. It is not bad looking for the cost and it has all the function that I would expect. The "lip" on the front of the keyboard is almost like a hand rest. It has the little legs on the back if you want to elevate the top. It is selling for almost twenty US$ now, which seems just a little high for a basic keyboard. I like that the letters on the keys are large. Overall, it gets the job done.
on April 7, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This was exactly what I needed: A quick plug and play keyboard as backup for the ones I usually use. I tried using it as my main keyboard for my Windows PC, and while it worked fine, it was a little flimsy, with keys rattling more than I like when typing. The number pad was really nice, its layout isn't significantly different from any other keyboard but I was faster on it than any other keyboard I've tried. Also, I really liked the cord length, because it let me pull out my sliding keyboard tray further than other keyboards I've used.
on October 1, 2012
Preforms the operations of a basic keyboard, without most of the extra features that more expensive keyboards have. This product did all I expected it to which was to plug into my computer via USB and and allow me to type. I would recommend this product to anyone who needs a good low cost keyboard.

See 1 answered question