Published on March 13, 2012 by N. Beitler

1.0 out of 5 stars Big Mistake
I bought this router from Target after moving to NYC a little over one year ago. It was cheap and simple, which was exactly what my roommate and I were looking for at the time. Once we got it home, the installation was a little rocky (I was on the phone with the support hotline twice) but it worked in the end and we kept it.

I really, really wish we hadn't. A...
Published on March 16, 2012 by Katie A.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Big Mistake, March 16, 2012
Katie A. (Brooklyn, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Belkin Surf N300 Wireless Router (F7D6301) (Personal Computers)

I really, really wish we hadn't. A year later, I still have this router and it just plain sucks (for lack of a better phrase). For the first few months, we truly thought it was our internet service that was causing us issues, but as it turned out, the router was the culprit. If more than one computer or device is accessing the wireless network, it slows down to a dull crawl. Want to download a movie on one computer and surf the web on another? Forget it! It also frequently loses connection and takes forever to get back to normal.

They always say "you get what you pay for" and I've definitely learned my lesson. I will be spending a little more precious earned cash on my next router.

4.0 out of 5 stars First wireless router I've purchased and haven't had any problems with it!, March 13, 2012
N. Beitler "Avid Reader" (Aurora, IL United States) - See all my reviews
Surprised to see the other two reviews were only 1 star! I picked up this router at Wal-Mart during their Christmas season specials one year ago. I've been using it for a year, now, and have not had any issues with it. It's worked fine, and the connection signal has been sufficient for my <2000 sq. ft. home. I would buy this budget router, again! Can't explain why others had had problems with it...

1.0 out of 5 stars No Connection., January 7, 2012
ADTS (Planet Earth) - See all my reviews
Horrible router never kept the connection. I'd reset the router would retain connectivity for a few seconds then loose it again. Tested with several phones a Nintendo DS and a Toshiba laptop.

1.0 out of 5 stars the longer you use it, the more you wished you didnt., May 5, 2013
i got this router from best buy a 2.5 years ago after my previous netgear g router took a dump.
from day one, this router was powered by its own powerstrip and it seems like the more we use it,
the more disconnects we get.

its hard wired into 3 devices and wireless 7+.
now its not loading certain websites and load others.

like others said, for the price, you cant beat it, just dont expect it to last with everyday
use running multiple devices.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad! Don't buy!!!, March 11, 2013
This router does not even work, when you set it up no power comes into the router! And that's probably why it's only $15

1.0 out of 5 stars Sent It Back, January 17, 2012
Bought this to upgrade an older G router. Took two hours to finally get it to connect; signal was weaker than the old router, then connection would drop, even with the laptop within five feet of the router. Router would not connect at all when the desktop was turned off; no one could figure that out. Never did get it to connect to one device. Belkin support was useless, they blamed the problems on our wireless cards. Went back to the old router, and everything worked OK. Sent it back.

4.0 out of 5 stars good router, July 3, 2014
works very good for small house,don't know how far the signal will carry in my house it worked very good

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Range, February 9, 2014
The range on this thing is 10 ft at most.
Further than that and the signal fades away really quick.

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed after 1 month, December 5, 2013
after replacing my 2 year old router that intermittently failed, I bought this to replace it. set up was ok. It failed after 1 month. I suspected all other components instead due to this being new. I was wrong.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fair router, December 2, 2013
You got what you pay for!!

I got this router 3 years ago from best buy on Black Friday. For the cost less than $30 I consider it is pretty fair performance.

The set up is very easy. It cost me only 10 min or less for setting up (almost plug and play).

The signal was fine I can play Warcraft without any lagging problem.
However, after 3 years non-stop using (I never unplug) it seem like router about to be broken. I have to restart router almost every week in order to reconnect my cell phone and laptop.

So 3 years for $30!!

It is totally acceptable for me.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Belkin Surf N300 Wireless Router (F7D6301)
$58.45 $29.99