Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Color: Silver|Capacity: 4-Port|Change

on June 9, 2008
Another great product from Belkin. I have used it when traveling with my laptop to hook up extra equipment. I have used it at home with my desktop for some added USB-2 level ports. It is great as it is very small and can fit in a shirt pocket, backpack, shoulder bag or purse. It provides you with 4 ports, high speed transfer rates and it is plug and play so NO SOFTWARE required which is always a good thing. If you need more ports for any USB device this would be a great one, if you require more ports you have several good choices right here on Amazon.
1616 comments| 347 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 9, 2008
If you need a 4 port unpowered USB hub this one works nicely for me. I have a 4GB SanDisk Cruzer an eleven GB Drive Eight GB Microdrive and a mouse connected. so far every time I power up my laptop everything has always been recognized.
on December 29, 2008
I needed a USB hub for my PS3, and oddly enough this was a difficult decision.

Powered or un-powered?

Expensive or Cheap - why are the prices of these so wide spread?

There are concerns that powered ones can send power back up into the console and damage it, as well as issues of hooking too many peripherals onto it (an un-powered one) and over drawing power from the console.

I have been using this one for a few months and I think I made the right choice.

I have the PS3 with the following peripherals:

- USB Microphone (Karaoke) (Not for me I Swear!)
- Logitech GT Racing Wheel
- Eye (Web Cam & Integrated Microphone)
- External Hard Drive

With all of that how do you plug in a USB Thumb Drive or charge your controllers?

This is a simple solution that works from a legitimate company for a low price.
66 comments| 135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 24, 2008
I like the design of this USB hub but I wish the tail was a bit longer so I could hide the other four ports behind something.

This basic hub works well for many USB devices but if you need a hub to support USB 2.0 devices that require power, like an external hard drive, you need to know that this isn't a powered hub (no power adapter).
1616 comments| 297 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2008
I wanted a USB hub that didn't need a power supply. Inexpensive and functional. Just what I was looking for
11 comment| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 21, 2008
I bought this USB hub to be able to add a couple of extra USB ports to the back of my computer. I love how small it is, and the fact that it does not require any external power supply, so no additional cables or power bricks to plug into a wall outlet. It even has a small red LED light to tell you it is recieving power from the USB port it's connected to. And, it is USB 2.0. Cheap, small, convenient, and it gets the job done. What more could you ask for?. Great buy.
on July 19, 2009
i bought this a few months back, for the 2nd time. Each time it works for few months and then stops working abruptly. not a good reliable item.
66 comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2009
Okay, it's supposed to be "compact" but it's designed with the 4 USB ports facing in all 4 directions, 90 degrees from each other, so all the items you plug in spread out to take up way too much space! See the photo - hardly compact once you have things plugged into it. Aside from that, it works like most other USB hubs. Nothing special. Many points taken off for counter-ergonomic design, I wouldn't recommend to anyone who wants a tidy desktop. I recommend Targus ACH103US USB 2.0 4-Port Bend-A-Hub With Mini USB Adapter (Black).
33 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 3, 2010
I like this little gadget, but after only about 6 months in service, it has become extremely unreliable. I have this hooked up to 1 of the usb ports on my laptop, and there's an extra mouse and keyboard attached. The red light remains on, but power just stops randomly. I know it's not a problem with the usb port on my laptop because when I plug either the extra mouse or keyboard directly into the laptop port, it works.

The frequency with which the power dies (though keep in mind, the red light remains on the entire time) is increasing. I have to unplug the hub over and over until my laptop finally recognizes it. This wasn't a problem for the first several months, but now I find I have to unplug and replug multiple times a week. Perhaps I just got a lemon.

Update: I purchased a new one of these thinking the old one was just a lemon. Straight out of the box though and it already is showing the exact same problem. If I plug my keyboard and/or mouse directly into my laptop, they work fine. But if I plug them through the hub, I get "USB device not recognized." Unplugging and replugging repeatedly eventually solves the problem but that's not acceptable. What a disappointment.
44 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2011
Maybe it was me. I left it connected too long. But, after three weeks, it's dead as a doornail. Back to Amazon it goes to purchase a powered device. Item was very convenient while it lasted. Too bad it didn't last.