Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on February 16, 2012
I got my Kindle Touch with this case for Christmas. The case fit well, but after a few days I noticed that my Kindle was slow and at times unresponsive. I kinda gave up on my Kindle for a while, until I found a book I wanted to read on it. After getting the book, I tried getting my Kindle to start up and it kept rebooting. I did some research online and saw people complaining of magnets in their cases. I took off my case and ever since then my Kindle Touch has worked perfectly, with no lag or random reboots.

Reading the reviews currently on here, I see I'm pretty much the only person that has experienced this problem. But regardless, take my review into consideration when buying a case with a magnetic closure on it.
44 comments|83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2011
My kids just got me the 6 inch Wi-Fi Kindle for my birthday and I wanted to get a cover for it so I can throw it in my purse and not worry about it. I ordered the purple cover just because I thought it would be easier to find than a black one. I think it is a deeper and more attractive color than what appears on the web page, and I like how the cover folds back with a magnet and attaches out of the way when I am reading. I was thinking about waiting for one with a light, but I think this will be just fine for what I plan to use my Kindle for, and that is to have handy in my purse for when I am stuck in a waiting room somewhere.
33 comments|57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2011
I left the Original for comparison. I purchased the Kindle Touch on Thursday from Target. I've been getting used to it. I also took the Cover in for comparison. We used the mCover Faux Leather (made them guess whether it was leather or not ;-), the Verve Case, and a Kindle with Light Cover (Leather, $60).

First - the Kindle fits snugly. The NEW case fits the dropsy test (place the Kindle in Holders, turn upside down, and shake). Now, as to the longevity of the elastic bands - I can't speak to. The clasp is not as strong as a band to hold the cover, so don't know about carrying in purse. I plan on keeping this Kindle at home.

Second - Color: the color purple ranges in the light. Shadowy light (like some of my pictures) makes it the color shown on this page. Incandescent 60 watt bulbs and florescents cause the Plum Purple you see (though age seems to improve this). Night reading with my Book Light (listed below), produces a deep purple (as one reviewer described it - royal Purple). Right now, charging on my printer - it is back to the plum purple. Color is not so much an issue for me - and could be interesting.

Third - Material: this is real leather from the looks of the punched holes for the speakers. It appears as cowhide. HOWEVER, the clerks seem to think it has a plasticky feel. Its as if it was painted for some odd reason. These same complaints were made of the Kindle Cover for the Kindle 4 ($79 one), which Amazon sells Kindle Leather Cover, Wine Purple. It is a close enough feel and type to the Amazon $60 cover, but just a tad off with the finish. I had 3 geeks (besides myself ;-) doing the comparison. The inside microsuede definitely still had an odor after 4 days (they did the sniff test). The clerks were of the impression that it is the microsuede material itself, though its also possibly the adhesives as claimed by Amazon Customer Service. As of today, it still smells (7 days after receipt), when you put your nose to it.

Finally - Overall, am happy. Because of the microsuede material questions, seems to pick up gunk a little easier than the microfiber inside the mCover. Have to clean off with cloth. It seems about the same quality as the cover sold by Amazon (except for the clasp), and $10 less. I don't take the Kindle out of the cover (well, hardly every), its a tight fit, and the color of the microsuede DOESN'T rub off on the Kindle. HOWEVER, the microsuede itself it starting to rub off a bit. Where that is going, I don't know. I feel better about the price now, have upgraded to 4.5 starts tentatively. But if the interior keeps picking white or gray gunk from nowhere (or its an indication of the material falling off the cover), I reserve the option to seriously lower the rating.

***********************
Original Review:
My Belkin Cover for the Kindle Touch arrived Yesterday. However - the Kindle Touch is still lost in Amazon shipping land. I will try this out tomorrow on a Touch in the Retail store. Will take cover to verify materials.

Quality is very good. Appears to be no chemical smell (but on my latest order for iPearl mCover Leather Folio Cover for Amazon Kindle 3 Keyboard Model (Black), which is obviously faux leather, there was no smell neither). However, I'm knocking one star for the Price. The product is made in China, bulk shipped without packaging, and the Amazon Frustration Free is actually a sealed plastic envelope that you need to find scissors to open - far from frustration free ;-) (Couldn't open the seal on my own).

Now to the Quality: as stated, the exterior Purple Fabric appears to have no smell, but the interior Purple flap DOES have a strong chemical odor (so the two pieces are not of the same quality). The binding is far weaker than the mCover binding - so those used to a binding lasting from bending back may see some wear and tear prior to the traditional Kindle Keyboard Covers. The magnet for the flap leaves an impression on the Front Cover, so be prepared. The interior is a nice black microfiber finish - also with a strong chemical smell (and I have 3 cats, also occasional outdoor smoker). The Kindle is held in place by 4 corner straps - elastic with Purple Leather Toppers on the Elastic (pics coming if works with Kindle Touch).

I purchased this cover to go along with my Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display - includes Special Offers & Sponsored Screensavers and my already owned (but not used enough) Mighty Bright TravelFlex Book Light, Purple. My purpose for this new Kindle was Xray and Special offers, since my original Kindle Keyboard 3G, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display is still very functional. So the Touch will stay at home - just want a cover to keep the 3 cats off the infrared ;-)

The Product Quality issues were compared with TWO Kindle Keyboard Covers - hence, I feel this is a bit overpriced. Your Mileage May Vary - Happy Kindling.
review image review image review image review image
on March 5, 2013
Attractive, well made and fairly light. I have had other covers for different kindles that were awkward or uncomfartable to hold so I ended up not using them and then my unprotected kindle would have an accident. I haven't even been tempted to take this one off because I forget it is there. Hopefully my paperwhite will have a longer life span than it's predecessors. If it does, it will be because of this cover.
on December 14, 2012
I received a Kindle Paperwhite for my birthday and needed something to protect the screen. This cover is lightweight but sturdy enough to keep the screen from damage. With some other covers there can be pressure points on the screen that cause permanent dark spots to appear. This cover does not do this. When it is opened, the magnetic tab holds the cover securely.
on December 26, 2012
I got this for my mom along with a new kindle paperwhite. It fit perfectly and I like that the cover can fold back and be held down with the magnetic tab. It seems to be decent quality and was a lot less than others I looked at. Overall I am happy with it and would buy it again.
on July 4, 2012
I have no complaints in regards to my Kindle case. It fits perfectly and provides sufficient protection for my Kindle. The only thing I can think of to improve it would be a great selection of colors.
on November 2, 2012
I love the color and the way the case looks. It's very attractive with the black liner against the purple case. My Paperwhite fits perfectly and is held securely. The case seems to be well made and looks like it will last.

My main concern is that the case is not as stiff and as hard as previous Kindle cases I have owned. I'm a little worried about putting the Paperwhite in my purse in this case and will probably buy a tougher one soon.

However, if you don't put your Kindle in a bag, this is a truly nice and attractive case.
on April 22, 2013
this is a very functional, stylish cover that protects the kindle PW perfectly. This has maintained its new look and has held up great. The kindle fits easily and securely on the inside and the magnetic latch is easy and efficient. This was a great value for the price. I have tried other cheaper cases and they haven't held up nearly as well as this one.
on January 20, 2013
We got this for our daughter's new Paperwhite - and it's perfect. Easy to put it together, solid and tight, and there's really nothing to go wrong. She like's the purple look, and uses the Paperwhite regularly - so she needs something sturdy but attractive and "cute." It closes easily and has caused the right number of problems: zero!