5.0 out of 5 stars great product
this is a great product it work great i used it every day i love it thank you so much
Published 18 months ago by basti

I picked this router up to replace an older Linksys unit that seemed like it was time to replace, I shouldn't have even bothered. This Belkin router has just been garbage. I finally unhooked it and sent it back to belkin as it constantly failed!

Published on October 22, 2012 by Bone

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars I had gotten this router to replace another. I should have kept my other one., October 22, 2012
This review is from: Belkin Wireless G Router + 4-Ports (Older Generation) (Personal Computers)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

It would establish a connection through wired connections without issue but the wireless function would stop working after only 3-5 minutes. It would just turn the wireless off. I followed the instructions to the letter and even did so with the belkin tech support who deemed the unit a failed unit and requested that I ship it back to them. They sent me a label for shipping as it was a test product and I sent it off to them. The replacement did the same thing and this time I let my co-worker, who is the network admin, have at it. He came back to me the next day and tossed it on my desk and asked me where I got the piece of garbage. He thought I was dumpster diving as it wouldn't work for him at all.

We both had a good laugh and I just gave up on this unit and I think belkin did as well as they never responded to my other emails with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, July 29, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars s, June 11, 2013
it have a security code built in is smoke an it fit everywhere
the only thing it doesn't have is outside antenna it has built in antenna :-(
I gave 4 out of 5.

4.0 out of 5 stars Its Cheap. It works (most of the time). Requires occasional power cycle., May 9, 2013
I picked this up to add better wifi in the bedroom. It does its job well and my cellphone and tablet get good speeds from the wifi most of the time. However about once ever month or two I have to power cycle the unit to get speeds back up. For reference I use this to stream from a hard wired blue ray and streaming box, browse on my phone, browse on tablet, gf also uses for phone, and lap top.

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate 100MBit wired switch & router, iffy wireless access point, February 26, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Many people with older hardware (looking at you, parents & grandparents) have no need for all the features and speed the ~$200 routers can offer. Earlier model iPhones won't connect to a high-speed 802.11n network and, honestly, how often is the WiFi a limiting feature in the speed of your computing, unless you're wirelessly streaming video content? This router hits a nice price point and provides what would have been cutting edge features just a very few years back - 4 port switch (100M, not gigabit), WAN routing, and 802.11g WiFi networking. The wired switch is perfectly servicable for most people's home network needs, and the router doesn't seem to need rebooting TOO often to play nice with the cable modem. The WiFi, however, is a disappointment - short range and glitchy connections that only can be fixed with a reboot.

3.0 out of 5 stars Give Me Some Support, February 6, 2013
It's working well, but I couldn't get any online support or phone support from Belkin for a product this old. A friend helped me set it up or I would have had to return it. Might be a good idea to check and see if there is any type of support available for this type of product berfore you sell it.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok..., January 19, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Unfortunately, this router really didn't meet my needs. There is only one port and if you happen to have a lap top and a kindle, this device cannot be used. How many households need only one port?? It is also not for a netbook as you must have a dvd player on your computer to set it up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just works, October 21, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I pulled this out of the box, threw away the manual, plugged it in, and it just goes. The only complaint I have is that the browser interface to change configurations is not the best, but that is across the board with Belkin products. The downside is that this router is not supported for any custom firmware like DD-WRT due to its small memory. No matter though. Even if the browser setup is a bit clunky, I spent 10 minutes months ago and haven't had to touch it since.

3.0 out of 5 stars easy to use, not very good coverage, August 16, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I tried using this in a 3 story house.... Our connection is along a basement wall. Only the rooms directly upstairs from this router could receive signal. Top floor where I needed coverage was very spotty.

bottom line: disappointing.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good basic router, August 3, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you're looking for a cheap and simple to install router, this is definitely the router for you. It's a bit slow, but it's great for people who just want a small bare bones type of router within a closer range.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›