5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be more impressed with this personal humidifier!
Published 12 months ago by qwertybean

2.0 out of 5 stars Was Excited, Felt Good, but MOLD AND RUSTED!
I only had this product for about two months, and maybe used it a total of 5 nights. And yet, it started to grow mold and rust. I was very disappointed because I could totally tell the difference when I did turn it on -- my sinuses were cleared! And yet, the mold and rust concern me. Make sure to keep maintenance of this item CONSTANTLY.
Published 19 months ago by konakatrina

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be more impressed with this personal humidifier!, November 15, 2013
This review is from: Bell+Howell Ultrasonic Personal Portable Humidifier-Cool Mist- lasts up to 12 hours per water bottle (Misc.)
I was surprised with all the negative feedback at how impressed I was with the product. Unlike a couple of others posted, there is a difference between low and high output. It may not look like a difference but if you time the difference it is quite different. The highest output setting was twice as fast (or a little more) than the lowest setting. I use a 33 oz water bottle and it lasted me 12 hours on the low output setting. I haven't had any problems with leaks or water dripping anywhere. It is very clean. It is quiet on low. It is very low noise on high. It is very compact and sturdy. I use a bleach/water solution to clean the system. It must be done regularly as on any humidifier that doesn't have a filter. I do it approximately 1x per week. You could probably do it less if you follow the instructions and use distilled water they recommend. I don't understand why others have had problems with this unit. I couldn't be happier and I'm very picky.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bedside Help, December 24, 2012
Amazon Customer (San Marcos, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased this yesterday while I was trying to shop with watering eyes and a stuffy nose. I placed it on a shelf by my bed last night and finally had something that would help me breathe in the extra dry inside air. The light mist is cool and adds just enough moisture to keep nasal passages and eyes moisturized. It is very easy to set up and move. A 16 oz. bottle of regular drinking water acts as the reservoir and lasts more than 8 hours, depending on how high the mister is set.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bell+Howell Humidifier, October 7, 2013
I initially bought this humidifier for travel. I decided to try it out in my bedroom first just to see how well it worked. I placed it on my night stand and decided after the first night this humidifier is NOT for night use because the light is so very bright and it kept me up. Also, if a fan noise bothers you at night this is not as quiet as one would think. I packed it back up and was about to send it back when I thought about using it at work. I work in a cubicle so initially I thought it might be too loud and might disturb my neighbors but my closest co-worker said she couldn't even hear it so I continued to use it. I now love this humidifier! I suffer from serious sinus congestion and headaches because of the dry air where I live. It keeps my sinuses and eyes moisturized and I don't get headaches anymore!

Pros:
*Not expensive
*Very compact
*Easy to use and fill
*Easy to clean
*Adjustable output works great
*Perfect for office use

Cons:
*A little on the noisy side
*Night light is VERY bright

2.0 out of 5 stars Was Excited, Felt Good, but MOLD AND RUSTED!, April 16, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars I bought this because of the 'good' reviews., March 5, 2013
I called home to have my daughter read me the reviews when I saw this in the store as we had so many sick at home we needed another vaporizer/humidifier. I am not too difficult to please generally. But this is a joke. Did they pay the other reviewers?
OK, enough about my wasted money (about $25 because I had a coupon).
It makes a huge mess. Even my 11 year old remarked about the mess. We put it on a large dinner plate which was loaded with water by the time it was done. More than one night we did this with the same results.
Adjustable? No, it is high output no matter where you put the knob.
My only consolation was that the blue light and the high moisture output made it look like a rocket on the launch pad in Florida about to take off. Not much consolation for the lost $25.
I rely heavily on the reviews here on Amazon. I hope you can make a better decision than I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the office, November 25, 2012
I have a small office and the air is super super dry. The Sonic Breathe creates the perfect amount of humidity in my office for comfort and keep my eyes from drying out staring at a computer all day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super handy, February 13, 2013
Easy to place in small areas and to carry around. I love this handy Sonic Breathe. I recommend this for large areas and small areas.

1.0 out of 5 stars works for a little while.. then it craps out in a big way. dont waste your money., April 18, 2014
Daniel Fuquay (San Antonio, Texas United States) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working within 3 days, March 18, 2014
Becky (New Brunswick) - See all my reviews
When I first got this, I loved it. It had a good amount of mist and really improved the humidity in my house. After the 3rd night, it just stopped working. The light is on and the water still bubbles inside, but no mist comes out...in fact, the mist comes out of the bottom now. I have tried draining it and letting it dry, different bottles, turning it on slowly...everything! Don't waste your money, I wish I had listened to the others before buying it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, March 3, 2014
I have been using this little dynamo for a few months for about 10 hours at a time. Very effective. Highly recommend.