5.0 out of 5 stars They DO work, just not overnight
When my wife told me that she ordered a similar product off of an "Infomercial" I was furious. I make jokes about them being a waste of money, etc. I didn't pay a whole lot of attention until about two months later I noticed that there were no bugs, Not ONE!! We had rented our basement to a "Family" that promptly Infested our house with cockroaches. I mean INFESTED! They...
Published on January 3, 2012 by COUNT DE MONET

1.0 out of 5 stars WORTHLESS
Do not waste your money. I put 1 in my kitchen. It had been plugged-in for a few weeks. I was baking cupcakes, took them out of the oven, placed them on a rack to cool. When I came back into the kitchen to frost the cupcakes, a mouse was eating my cupcakes 2 feet away from this hunk of crap.
Published on June 21, 2008 by M. Hickey

‹ Previous | 1 2 334 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Works on mice, April 23, 2012
Robin Davis (Central Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bell and Howell Ultrasonic Pest Repellers with Extra Outlet - 3 Pack (Misc.)
I picked up a pack of these for my vacation cabin in the mountains/woods after seeing a mouse in my fireplace (with a fire going no less!) and moving my love seat to find a hole chewed in the back of it (grrrrrr!). I had put out no kill traps as well as trays of poison pellets. Neither worked. The mouse/mice just moved the pellets around to save for a rainy day and the bait just ended up dried out in the no kill traps. Found these and thought - hey, what the hell, nothing else is working. I purchased a 3 pack and I put one behind the loveset, one under the kitchen table and one in an outlet on the backsplash. I spend time at this cabin every 8-12 weeks - plenty of time for rodent evidence to accumulate. My first trip after plugging these in, I found zero evidence of the mouse/mice - UNTIL I went to get something from under the kitchen sink...and then the corner cabinet. Plenty of "evidence" if you know what I mean (so gross)...then I went looking for evidence. Throughout the upstairs and downstairs. Nothing anywhere except those 2 locations. Upon a little more exploration, I realized that it was only the top shelf of the corner cabinet and that the mouse/mice would be able to travel from under the sink over the dishwasher and into the corner cabinet due to gaps between the cabinet "walls" and the underside of the countertop. The mouse had been contained...to the lower cabinets. I assume due to these devices as the mouse/mice had previously been everywhere. Upstairs bedroom and closet (pulled "fur" out of my snowboots - I assume to make a nest with) left "deposits" on the bed, vanity top, chewed up a blanket in the laundry closet...but now only in the cabinets. Per the directions - these work best in rooms without carpet (I have pine floors), not blocked by walls and furniture (downstairs where I have these plugged in is a greatroom set up with the kitchen area along one wall and just an open living area)...the solid wood cabinet doors being closed must be blocking the sound waves thus confining the rodents behind them. Needless to say, i'm thrilled. When I left the cabin on my last trip, I left all the cabinet doors open - I have a feeling when I return there will be no evidence of the mice. I will also be closing up the gaps under the cabinets and installing an outlet under the sink where I will be adding another of these.

Aside from a warm dry place, I don't know why they're in the cabin. I thoroughly clean before leaving to make sure I don't leave "food" for them and all food is either stored in the fridge/freezer or airtight glass storage jars (more to maintain fresheness, but also keeps the critters out).

I don't really think these would work on ants/spiders/roaches - even though it claims to. In my experience, I do think it's working with my unwanted rodent and for that I am thrilled.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok, works for rodents rats etc, October 18, 2013
Got this for the basement, while I did see any rodents but did not help with ants, roaches. Does not work on insects.

5.0 out of 5 stars These things work great, February 16, 2012
Dot Matrix (Atlanta Georgia) - See all my reviews
My husbands' house was being over run by mice and I have been trying to sell my house to get there. But each time he caught another mouse, I'd think uck! No hurry! Then, after about 6 weeks of these things being plugged in he has no mice or spiders! Awesome

1.0 out of 5 stars only two of three works, February 25, 2014
red light on one unit did not light up as did the other two. you expect that all would would work.

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD PRODUCT!!, May 27, 2009
I hang out humming bird feeders and every year, ants are all around the feeders--not this yr. nor have I seen any other bugs,no ant,spiders etc. So I'm happy,don't know what to tell the rest of you for sure!! Nancy

5.0 out of 5 stars Sugar Ants are GONE!!, September 8, 2012
We've had a problem with sugar ants for 10+ years. We had a pest control company come every 3 months to spray around the usual places but they always came back after a month or two. I was also using some ant bait in the kitchen where they found the best water source and where they were the most annoying. Totally frustrated, I bought these Bell and Howell Ultrasonic pest repellers. My husband laughed at me when I bought them but this is the first summer I haven't had a problem with ants. I bought them in the spring when I had a minor ant problem and put out bait also, the ants have disappeared and have not returned. I haven't had the pest control spray inside my house either! I have not seen an ant in my kitchen for months!!!!
I have two repellers in the kitchen and dinning area and one in the den to control the front area of the house and bought more for bathrooms and back room to control the rest of the home. $20 for three is totally worth it! A lot cheaper and safer than the pest control spraying and glad to be rid of using the bait too!

I hear the clicking noise this thing makes when in my den or bathroom when no one else is around, it reminds me of a clock ticking but less frequently. I never hear them in the kitchen and dinning area. I can be noise sensitive at times but this thing doesn't bother me.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE these!!, June 14, 2014
I have lots of large cockroaches and hump backed crickets this time of year that drive me crazy, I purchased these 3 after having purchased a pack of 3 prior to this so now have them in every room or space in my house and they work GREAT!! Love them - even if a bug does venture out into the kitchen or wherever, they are slowed down enough that you can easily kill them and if you don't see them right away you'll sometimes find ones that these repellers killed and they are lying dead waiting to be picked up by the vacumn cleaner and better yet they seem to just stay AWAY!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly, these actually work!, September 6, 2013
NCSTec (Southern California) - See all my reviews
I swear someone picked my house up and moved to over the largest ant hill they could find. This year, for the first time ever, I have had ant issues from hell. I tried sprays, traps, powders, and nothing seemed to work. The best I found were Tarro perimeter baits, but they only worked for a few weeks. Then I saw these and thought for $20 they were worth a try.

Well, it's now been 4 months and not a single ant has returned, these things really do work, well for me anyway. I was worried that my dogs or cats would hear them but they walk right past them as if they aren't there. A neighbor brought one of his kids mice over in a cage and the animal went nuts as soon as it was in the same room as the unit so they obviously give off some sound.

I will update if the ant's return.

5.0 out of 5 stars THEY REALLY WORK, December 9, 2012
I have used these for many years, and am saddened that I can only find them to purchase on-line. I recommended them to my parents who live in an older house and were having "mice" problems and were unable to locate how they were getting into the house.

They had placed traps and decon, (with great hesitation because of pets and small grandchildren) to no avail. When I suggested the Ultrasonic Pest Repellers, they were quick to try anything that didn't pose harm to the pets or grandchildren. Since installing the Pest Repellers, there have been no sitings or residue from rodent visitings.

We would definitely recommend these to anyone with "Pest" problems. I just wish they would do more to prevent spiders and their webs, but I rejoice with the elimination of other crawling, slithering pests (ants, roaches, water bugs, silver fish, etc.).

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good on bug control., May 14, 2013
So far, we haven't had as many bugs in the basement like we did before. I have one in the garage also, thanks.

‹ Previous | 1 2 334 | Next ›