Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale

Price:$6.28+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on March 3, 2007
The lock seemed really good for the money, but after a month of light use, the casing pulled out while I was stretching the cord. This means that unless I really fiddle with it, the hole that the lock goes into DOES NOT LINE UP with the plastic casing.

So really, it's a cheap product. It should not break when uncoiling!
on February 23, 2008
My Schwinn got stolen with this cable lock right in front of where I work, and in broad day light. One snip with a cutter is probably all it took. Buy a U lock if you value your bike.
11 comment8 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 25, 2008
I LIVE IN A CITY THAT HAS A HIGH BIKE-THEFT RATE. THE LOCK LOOKED STURDY IN PICTURES ON THE WEB AND THE PRICE WAS RIGHT, BUT I COULD CHEW THROUGH THIS SUCKER WITH MY TEETH. RETURNING IT COST AS MUCH AS THE LOCK. SO I USE IT IN CONJUNCTION WITH A MUCH STURDIER LOCK.
on December 1, 2007
easily cut off by the thief. 2 bikes lost.
The lock is a joke.
11 comment7 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 8, 2006
As long as you don't forget your key this is a quick, easy, very solid product. Like any lock, it could be cut by any thief...but I am just trying to keep the honest people honest.
0Comment10 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 6, 2007
The cable is so tightly wound that it is dangerous to try to use. Also you need 2 hands to be able to lock it with the key - very inconvenient & frustrating. We ended up just buying the chain that has a vinyl sleeve over it to use with a combination lock instead.
on November 13, 2006
The lock works. Not the sharpest looking lock on the market, but does the job. It is a little tough putting the two ends of the locking mechanism together, but if your looking for an inexpensive lock that does the trick in low crime areas, this one will do.
on May 12, 2009
Well iv'e used this for a few months now ~6 months, and its worked find till recently...
The key is a bit hard to turn and sometimes gets stuck.. i'm afraid the key might break off or i won't be able to get my bike unlocked.
the one i got was black (when i ordered the picture showed a black one), so this might be a different -version-

-Update-

Well i found out a bit of WD40 fixed the lock and it worked like a charm for a few months, then it started again and i kept forgetting to spray it :( ended up breaking my key and had to use a hacksaw to break it... took less then 10 seconds of sawing to break it...

i wouldn't recommend this if you live in an area where bikes get stolen a lot, but this will keep most people away.
on October 14, 2013
I purchased this bike lock only a few weeks ago. It has worked just fine up until this last weekend. I went to open it and the key wouldn't even turn. I also tried the spare key and it would not turn either.

I am amazed that after only a few short weeks, and such nice weather that this lock would break already. I have a different lock that has lasted through multiple winters, and this one fails before even a month of use.

Highly dissatisfied. Do not purchase this lock.

I now have to buy a pair of bolt cutters, just so I can get my bike back...
on April 16, 2013
Does what it is supposed to do. Great bike lock made by Bell, who makes quality equipment. Fits easily into my storage bag and is long enogh to attach to most anything, like a bike rack, fense post, etc. I feel so much better securing my bike knowing it will much safer. Great product, fast shipping at a fair price.