5.0 out of 5 stars Mini Cupcake Magic!
Published on April 5, 2011 by Kat

1.0 out of 5 stars Stinky smell after 6 days of continual use
Published on September 15, 2012 by PL

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Mini Cupcake Magic!, April 5, 2011
Kat (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bella Cucina 13465 Cupcake Maker (Kitchen)
After our oven broke, I was on the lookout for a regular size cupcake maker. Being unable to find the Sunbeam FPSBCML900 Cupcake Mixer, Pink at any stores nearby, I decided to go for a mini cupcake maker and chose the Bella Cucina 13465 Cupcake Maker. I was concerned that the lower price of the Bella Cucina would mean an inferior product, but I needn't have worried.

The mini cupcake maker is a breeze to operate. Plug it in. Both the yellow and green lights will light up. Wait until only the yellow light is lit, and you're ready to bake. You can put your cupcake mix right into the cupcake maker (be sure and spray it with some cooking spray to make it easier to get your cupcakes out), but I prefer to avoid any unnecessary clean up and pop some mini cupcake liners (I like Wilton Mini Baking Cups: White, 100/Pkg.). Put your batter in the cupcake liners and put the lid down. To get perfectly sized mini cupcakes, I like to use a Chefmate stainless steel coffee scoop to put the batter into the cupcake liners. You can pick one up at Target, it's around $3.00 at time of writing. It's a lot cheaper than most of the mini cookie scoops that some cupcake bloggers recommend. Once the cupcake maker lid is down, set a timer for 10 minutes. Around 10 minutes later, wearing an oven glove, lift the lid of the cupcake maker. Be careful when lifting the lid as a cloud of steam will come out. Check your cupcakes for "doneness" by sticking a toothpick in the middle. If it comes out clean, your cupcakes are done. Lift your cupcakes out of the cupcake maker using a silicone spatula or wooden spoon so as to not scratch the non-stick coating. I have successfully used brownie batter as well as cupcake batter in this machine, and I am sure you could use other batters of similar consistency with it as well.

The thing that surprised me most about this product is how uniformly and evenly each cupcake cooks. The finished product really is like something you'd get out of a professional kitchen. And I LOVE that I don't have to heat up the oven (and the entire house) to bake a few cupcakes. This is a great little machine, so easy to use. I highly recommend it to bakers and non-bakers alike!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, good cupcakes, July 13, 2011
Length:: 0:33 Mins

Me and my 6 year old daughter are really enjoying this cupcake maker. It's very easy to use, but kids definitely need supervision and assistance with this one.

First off, there is a smell when it the item is first plugged in, as one reviewer said, but in the paperwork accompanied by the product, this is normal and the smell should only last for the first few times.

The item is smaller than it appears in the ad and so in my video, I placed it next to a standard sized oven mitt to give it some scale.

An important tip: You MUST use an oven mitt or pot holder to open the lid once it's hot because there is the danger of being burned by hot steam (I know this from first hand experience). Also, the entire item becomes very hot on the top and sides, so avoid touching those as well when it's plugged in.

I would highly suggest using cupcake liners for ease of use, although this item is nonstick and I had no problems cleaning up spills.

Other than that, it's pretty much "plug and play." For me, it's more of a novelty item and just for my daughter's enjoyment since it only makes 7 mini's at a time and is quite time consuming. For me, it's easier just to make 24 at a time in a pan, but I won't rob my daughter of her sense of fulfillment with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE this appliance!, February 20, 2011
This review is from: Bella Cucina 13465 Cupcake Maker (Kitchen)
This little machine makes perfect little cupcakes, muffins and even bananna bread! Everything cooks super fast and evenly. It's wonderful to bake without having to heat up the whole kitchen with an oven. My 8-year old daughter and I love making desserts together in this thing. So easy to use and it's so small and handy. Next time I see these on sale, I'm buying one for everybody I know!

1.0 out of 5 stars Stinky smell after 6 days of continual use, September 15, 2012
PL (Houston, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bella Cucina 13465 Cupcake Maker (Kitchen)
I brought the cupcake maker home and used it right away to make mini muffins. Made 4 batches the first day and made more all week long including mini quiches, cupcakes and potato puffs. I noticed the smell lingered in the house all day and today after cooking my last batch, the muffins had the same taste!! So disappointed. I am, returning to store where I bought it as I've only used it less than a week. :( will look for a better because it was SOOOOOO easy to use. I even got inspired and baked for kids at 6 am to have fresh snacks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good!, September 27, 2011
This review is from: Bella Cucina 13465 Cupcake Maker (Kitchen)
I'll be honest, this cupcake maker seemed really gimmicky at first, but my fiancee is gluten intolerant, but she loooves cupcakes, so I wanted to get her a gift that was fun and would let her enjoy her favorite food more often!
Ovrall, I've found that I really love a lot of things about it:

First of all, it heats up waaay faster than my oven does, so for a quick dessert or even a snack, making muffins or cupcakes are now a feasible option for us. Its fast, and cleanup involves no more than a paper towel.

Second, the size of the cupcakes has helped us be healthy while still enjoying ourselves. Rather than eating an entire cupcake or muffin, you can just make some mini ones, and have one or two and not have to run 5 miles to burn the calories.

Third, something about the size of the cupcakes makes the cupcakes a little better; the surface area of the cupcake as a proportion of the volume is much higher on a mini cupcake than a regular sized one (yes, I'm a nerd). Basically, this means that you end up with a higher % of your cupcake or muffin being the outside "crust" (everyone prefers the top of the muffin, its a fact). Because of this, once your cupcakes/muffins look golden on the outside in this cupcake maker, its highly likely they're thoroughly cooked inside too.

Lastly, its just fun to use!

5.0 out of 5 stars Using for gluten free cupcakes and brownies, August 27, 2011
This review is from: Bella Cucina 13465 Cupcake Maker (Kitchen)
I got this for about 17 dollars at a kitchen store. Love it that cupcakes are done in only six minutes and cool enough to eat or ice about 5 minutes after that.

I fill up 7 cups on the counter and put them in when all are filled, so there are no drips or mess on the cupcake baker and it needs nothing more than a quick wipe to clean it up, and so that all cupcakes are in the baker for the same amount of time and bake evenly.

I'm using a gluten free mix and mini silicone baking cups. I tried using it without cups, but my cupcakes burned on the bottom before they were done-- keep in mind this is with the gluten free mix (and a homemade mix using coconut flour). I do not know what it would do with a traditional cake mix.

I also make betty crocker gluten free brownies in it using mini silicone baking cups. I double the butter in the recipe so it is thinner and bake them for 15 minutes. I think it made close to 3 dozen mini brownies.

I use a plastic knife (so it doesn't scratch non stick surface) to lift the silicone cups up to remove them from the baker.

It is very fun and easy to use. Convient. Doesn't require heating up the oven and the house in the summer when you want a fun treat and provides close to microwave, instant gratification with oven baked results. Another bonus is that the cupcakes and brownies are mini sized so eating one or two is satisfying without much guilt.

2.0 out of 5 stars It smelled, May 17, 2011
This review is from: Bella Cucina 13465 Cupcake Maker (Kitchen)
I bought this at Target and used it twice before returning. It did make cute little cupcakes, but each time it had funny smell...kind of like melting plastic. I had checked it carefully to make sure I had gotten all the packing materials off. Even the woman at the return desk said she could smell it when packed back in the box for the return. I bought a mini cupcake silicone pan with 24 cupcakes instead. That was more efficient.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bella Cucina 13465 Cupcake Maker, April 12, 2014
This review is from: Bella Cucina 13465 Cupcake Maker (Kitchen)
I wish I had not bought this. I had this for some time, used it once, that was enough for me.The paper cups kept glinging to the
cupcakes, by the time I managed to loosen them there was not enough left to go through all that trouble. I have a Sunbeam Pie
Maker I use a lot, I just wish I had bought the regular muffin maker.

3.0 out of 5 stars Read the reviews and ignored them..., March 11, 2014
This review is from: Bella Cucina 13465 Cupcake Maker (Kitchen)
Honestly, I should have got an easy bake oven. This appliance is not worth the $....maybe $15 would be a better price. My son has been unable to get the cupcakes to cook completely and they don't have the rise real muffins do.

3.0 out of 5 stars mislabeled, December 1, 2012
This review is from: Bella Cucina 13465 Cupcake Maker (Kitchen)
this was a "mini" cupcake maker. I received it, thinking that it was the full size since others label theirs as mini and this one did not. Be careful, if you don't want the small cupcakes!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›