Top positive review
21 people found this helpful
My first big mom wallet
on June 24, 2014
I've had a lot of trouble with wristlets in the past but they work for my lifestyle (able to throw into an existing larger bag, such as my laptop bag for work, diaper bag, beach bag, etc) so I keep looking. They tend to be pretty shoddy and never quite able to hold everything you want. So, I decided to go bigger this time and I think it was a good choice.
- actually has room for everything.
- Real change area (sufficient space) with zipper
- 11 card slots + ID window slot
- 4 full length slots for cash, coupons, check book, etc
- good quality zippers/hardware
- good quality stitching and fabric
- happily surprised with the pattern of the fabric (got the Seville - black with floral type pattern)
- OMG fantastic price!!!
- some folks had mentioned using this to hold a smartphone: it can and there is enough room for a larger phone (e.g. Galaxy Note) or a smaller phone (e.g. iPhone, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S5) with a cover. However there is no great dedicated spot for it (you would use one of the full length slots or just stick the phone between the two panels) and so it feels a bit crammed. This is not a huge con because it's not strictly advertised for using as a smartphone case; however I partly bought it for this purpose and now I may take a different approach because I'm not sure I like how it's working in practice.
- material appears to be likely to stain over time. Any cotton type wallet or purse would have the same issue.
- wrist strap is on the smaller side. I have medium sized hands and small-ish wrists and I can just fit it over my hand. Anyone with large hands or chubby wrists will not be able to use the wrist strap at all. I am considering purchasing some extra loop to hook onto the existing wrist strap to make this easier to use. The manufacturer should consider extending this another inch or changing where the wrist strap is attached to the wallet (it's about 2 inches into the inside of the wallet)..
- Some folks complained that the card slots didn't work on one side. I do not have this issue. I have a card in every single slot on both sides (wow I have a lot of credit and membership cards!) and can easily pull them in and out. My ID (in the windowed slot) is the hardest to pull out but no more difficult than my previous 3 wallets.
- Yes, this is large; slightly bigger than a standard paperback novel. It matches the measurements in the description but maybe not all folks realize this. The size lends itself to those who are using the wallet standalone as a wristlet or those with large handbags. There is no way to fit this into a pocket. So, this wallet is clearly not for everyone.
- with this type of size, it feels like you may as well have an additional pocket of some kind on the outside to maximize space. One side has the change purse, the other side has nothing.