5.0 out of 5 stars Just beautiful
Published on April 13, 2004 by M. Tietjen

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay CD
This CD is okay, but once you have heard one song you have heard them all. The music gets a little repetitive, and Arianna has a bit of heaviness in her voice that I do not personally like. It is a nice CD, but not one that I would listen to over and over again.
Published on January 18, 2005 by Tonya

5.0 out of 5 stars Just beautiful, April 13, 2004
This review is from: Bella Terra (Audio CD)
Arianna Savall proves herself to be quite an accomplished singer, composer, and harpist in this new collection of mainly her own compositions. This is not my typical type of music, but I still listen to it constantly, and I bought it as soon as it was available in America. I'm glad that it is once again available, as it was out of stock for a very long time. Savall's pure straight-tone may not appeal to some classical vocal buffs, but as part of the Catalan early music scene ruled by her parents, Jordi Savall and Montserrat Figueras, straight tone comes natural to her. Her voice is clearer than her mother's and, if somewhat less emotional, it is also more ethereal and her technique is solid. The songs themselves run from Middle Eastern influenced to Catalan folk songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely enthralled, March 7, 2005
This review is from: Bella Terra (Audio CD)
This is a delightful disc. If you appreciate the technique of Jordi Savall, and the siren sweet voice of Montserrat Figueras, you will be instantly captivated by their daughter.

In what appears to me to be a very personal project based upon moving poems authored by Miguel Marti i Pol (dedication appears untranslated in Catalan), Ms. Savall is invoking a song tradition of harp playing accompanied by the singer which was long ago lost in all but a couple of cultures. It thrives in the rich cultural Catalan region, as is evidenced by Ms. Savall's own compositions.

You too will submit to her enthralling spell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning new talent, September 25, 2004
V. Thomas (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bella Terra (Audio CD)
Whilst the classical training shines through, her composition often surprises with its contemporary feel (although she nods to her Catlan roots).

Lovers of harp, and young soprano voice need look no further. The lady has some pair of lungs.

Musically this is ocassionally reminiscent of Andreas Vollenwieder although far more minimalist.. but then she starts singing...and quite simply...WOW!

She's so perfectly in control of her vocal instrument, and she's so pitched. How she manages this but still sounds so relaxed, I will never know. I could go on about her technically, but that would diminish her voice, a thing of great beauty.

Worth the entry for "Bella Terra" alone. I look forward to more of this young woman's work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, April 24, 2008
This review is from: Bella Terra (Audio CD)
Beautiful album from a beautiful singer/harpist. Quite lovely and relaxing. Also this album comes with a nice thick songbook and notes, unlike almost all modern productions on CD which seem to accomplish nothing more than cover art and gigantic FBI Big Bro Is Watching labels. You can actually read this, which is a very nice touch. Classic and classy all the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, enchanting, pretty music, March 17, 2014
This review is from: Bella Terra (MP3 Music)
I learned about Ms. Savall listening to my local public radio station one day. It was playing the song "El Mariner". I could not get the song out of my head and I knew I just "needed" this recording. It has not disappointed. I read another reviewer indicate that the album feels a bit "repetitive" after a while. To that comment I say: this is a particular style or genre of music that is true to form. I was seeking only Arianna Savall's voice with harp accompaniment. That's what this album is. Listen to a sample for yourself, folks. It's just plain enchanting and lovely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beauty?, April 25, 2013
This review is from: Bella Terra (Audio CD)
Technically Arianna Savall is making a good beginning. But spiritually she is very advanced. Listen to the quality and purity of her voice. Whatever beauty is she is certainly approaching its expression.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful musical ambiance, November 4, 2013
This review is from: Bella Terra (MP3 Music)
Highly enjoyable, especially for those who enjoy more classical/operatic genre, but has a slight exotic sensibility. Good music for relaxing or study. Arianna shows her expressiveness and talent in this CD.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay CD, January 18, 2005
Tonya "TRW" (Dallas, TX USA) - See all my reviews

Bella Terra
Bella Terra by Arianna Savall (Audio CD - 2004)
Click for more info