1 Review

1.0 out of 5 stars Bob Villa Lied, May 4, 2011
This review is from: Bellawood 10008170 3/4" x 5" Brazilian Walnut Hardwood Flooring, 23.33 Square Feet per Box. Ipe
Shop elsewhere if you don't want to learn the hard way like I did.

After years of watching our nasty green carpet deteriorate, my wife and I decided we needed to upgrade our look two years ago. At the time, we were budget strapped and decided to go with Lumber Liquidators based on their price points, figuring hardwood is hardwood and as long as you follow the guidelines you should be fine. I decided against laminate wood because we live in upper-middle class neighborhood and when we sold, laminate would be a negative.

Lets just say, ALL laminate is better than Bellawood hardwood products, and considering what Bellawood charges, either go somewhere else, or buy laminate from a more reputable dealer than Bellawood front men.

We live in Florida, where heat & moisture are prevalent 9 months of the year. When we were shopping, I was ready to buy a Lumber Liquidators low end engineered hardwood product. My wife unfortunately fell in love with the Brazilian Walnut hardwood by Bella sold at Lumber Liquidators. I asked about the influence of heat & moisture on the product and was reassured by the salesman that as long as I followed the instructions, the wood would hold up. Within 1 month, many pieces started cupping. Some points started to buckle up but not too bad - last month (Mar 2011) two sections buckled to the point where there was a change of ~3" between the parts remaining level and the tops of the buckle points.

In frustration, I called out a professional installer and he said his company does not use non-engineered hardwood unless the owners are adamant, and are willing to pay for the subfloor and other work required for Hardwood in Florida.

As he was removing my floor, he confirmed I followed Lumber Liquidators guidelines, and was shocked when he removed different sections that shredded off like coconuts husks. (See Image)

I was hoping the floor would be good for at least ten years, now I'm confident we will be replacing all of this "great product" over the next two years.

If you read this and buy Bellawood or do business with Lumber Liquidators, you are a bigger idiot than I.