Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on June 10, 2006
Right off the bat, this book is hilarious. As long as you keep in mind the fact that Tucker Max writes these stories for entertainment and that his egotistical attitude and sheer ignorance for others is most likely largely exaggerated for entertainment purposes. And it works. The problem is, most of these stories are literally copied DIRECTLY from his website. I dont mean rewritten, I mean copied and pasted sans any proofreading. Several typos and even hyperlinks - that's right, hyperlinks - abound, the book gives off an EXTREMELY unproffessional vibe. A tiny bit of proofreading could have illeviated the obvious typos which so glaringly branded the book. Also could have done without the occasional "(Click here to see blah blah blah)" which so blantently ripped me out of the immersion of the story to realize this stuff was copied and pasted directly from the internet where I could have read most of this for free.
44 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 13, 2005
You'll notice half the reviews are from people who mindlessly love him ("He is beyond godlike") to those who are too easily offended ("written by a ... colossal waste of life"). Kind of hard to get a clear review of a book when two so polar emotions are driving the rating.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle. Some of the stories are entertaining (whether true or embellished) but they can quickly get tiresome. Certainly not for everyone, but good for a half-chuckle or because we all know someone who behaves very similar to the author. Like a loud drunk in a bar it can be entertaining for a few minutes but certainly gets old after a while.
on September 9, 2004
No lies,

This collection of short stories is as hilarious as any artwork in any medium. Before I read Tucker Max's stories I didn't think it was possible to write a short story that didn't suck. All the stories I've read in high school, college, and grad school are lame with less than five exceptions, which themselves are not nearly as entertaining as Belligerence and Debauchery.

It would be huge if Tucker Max could successfully transition to a visual medium such as film.

If you buy books then buy this one. If not read his website at Tuckermax.com. You won't be disappointed. Unlike most tv shows, movies, books, it doesn't suck.
on June 26, 2003
There are "extreme" sports and then there is "extreme" recreation. Tucker Max practices the latter, which is the alcoholic equivalent of strapping on a snowboard and jumping out of a helicopter. There are forty-seven stories in "Belligerence and Debauchery" and they are all hilarious. Some are horrifying and hilarious. Some are disgusting and hilarious. But there is some consistency.

It's been said elsewhere, but Tucker Max is a bit like Hunter S. Thompson meets the MTV show "Jackass." His level of debauchery is impressive. A must-read book for the belligerent bachelor in your life. If you've ever so much as chuckled at Howard Stern, you'll love this book.
on June 30, 2005
I am proud to own this book. Tucker Max has influenced my life for the better in numerous ways. I recommend this book to anyone who has a sense of humor. If you're wondering whether you have the sense of humor to appreciate this book, my answer is that this book with open your mind and allow you to be a funnier person and ultimately people will like you more than they already do. If you are offended by rude humor, I do not suggest this book to you, sorry; the same goes to people who are P.C.

This collection of essays is remarkably original. These stories will have you laughing to the point of tears and stomach cramps, wanting to find the author in a bar, and feeling the need to own a personal portable Breathalyzer. Tucker Max's humor is one of a kind, refreshingly upfront. Max knows the difference between appropriate and inappropriate, but chooses the latter in most all social situations.

If you're still debating on whether to spend the $20 or so on this book, I suggest you check out [...] or take a peak inside his other book, The Definitive Book of Pick-Up Lines.
on July 7, 2003
i've been a follower of Tucker ever since I saw him on MTV. His stories are absolutely hilarious and i recommend them to anyone who enjoys stories of drunken humor, womanizing and/or drunken humorous womanizing. i suggest taking a look at his website before buying the book because he is sort of a love/hate kind of write. he is a tremendously funny and i hope to see more from him in the future.
on August 7, 2003
I love this man with all of my fat surrounded heart. He is beyond godlike.
If you have an ounce of humor in you, and can laugh at yourself and others, then read this book. That way in a year when everybody is talking about that "new hilarious guy Tucker Max", you can say you knew him when.
on July 18, 2003
This book is a defibrillator for the soul. I have read it about 5 times, and I check the website every night. This book made me realize all the fun I was missing with every day that I felt like sheep rather than like a sheppard, trapped in a marriage and a job when I couldn't stand either. I am having more sex than I have had in years, and its all thanks to your inspiration. The stories shocked and inspired me until my pulse started again. Tucker - you saved my life. Thank you.
on August 2, 2005
if you want to read a bunch of hilarious true stories this is the book for you. tucker max goes through countless nites of sex, drinking, and more sex which are all told in this book. This is a must read if you are into these kind of stories
on July 6, 2005
This has to be one of the best compulation of stories that i have ever read. I could not put this book down and was finished reading it within a day after recieving it. The book had me laughing hysterically. I cannot wait for Tucker Max's next book!!!!