5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for belly button lovers!
Published on September 26, 2005 by Elizebeth Neumann

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute but not our favorite!
My 15 month old and I love most Sandra Boynton books. This one is not our most favorite though. It is cute but doesn't seem to keep her attention long enough to finish it. We will try again another day...
Published 20 months ago by alang

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for belly button lovers!, September 26, 2005
This review is from: Belly Button Book (Boynton on Board S) (Board book)
My 20 month old has an obsession with her belly button, if she can lift her shirt she is constantly playing with it. If she has on a bodysuit that covers it she tries to play with it through her shirt. She also loves to pull up other peoples shirts to find theirs. She also loves Sandra Boyton books, we read "Pajama Time" and "Barnyard Dance" about 5 times a day or more. So when I saw this new book from Boyton I knew she would love it!

I think this is one of Boyton's better books. The illustrations are always adorable but the text in this one is top notch. Its a very cute story of hippo's and how they love their bee bo's, belly button for hippo's. They go to the beach to show off their bee bo's, sing a song about them and praise and love them.

The fun rhyme of the text help hold my toddlers attention, not to mention the subject matter.

I would highly reccomend this book to any hippo, belly button or Sandra Boyton fan's. You wont be dissapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars My baby loves this book!, June 17, 2006
This review is from: Belly Button Book (Boynton on Board S) (Board book)
The product information for this book says "ages 4-8." I would guess that kids that age would enjoy it, but it is definitely written for little kids to have read to them by parents, who will love it just as much. It's a board book, so the youngest in your family can chew on it to their heart's content. It's cute. It's funny. It contains puns adults will get without making the kids feel left out. It has a nice rhythm and rhyme. It's just generally a great deal of fun!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner from Boynton, July 8, 2005
This review is from: Belly Button Book (Boynton on Board S) (Board book)
Sandra Boynton has, for many years, written books that my child and many others I know hold as their favorites. With this latest, spun from Philadelphia Chickens, she's created another one that both parents and children will love.

Featuring a bunch of hippos playing on the beach, the song is an homage to our belly buttons. Knowing the fascination that so many kids have with their navel, this one is sure to please. The hippo illustrations are exactly what you'd expect from Boynton, and the rhymes are silly fun. And anyone who reads this one will especially enjoy the hippo baby who can only say, "Bee-bo," when referring to their belly button.

Boynton seems to have an amazing understanding and perception of exactly what young children will enjoy in a board book. This is another winner, to add to an already extensive list of impressive works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Sandra Boyton Favorite!, January 17, 2006
This review is from: Belly Button Book (Boynton on Board S) (Board book)
This one of the only SB books we were missing and it is by far one the best! I love it and my 20-month old son loves it too! It nice to have with the SB song book (philadelphia chicken) and CD, now we know the tune of th hipo song :o). But Snuggle Puppy is the best SB book and my son requests it all the time (as well as the song on the CD).

5.0 out of 5 stars The World's most perfect book in the eyes of a 16-month-old, May 25, 2006
This review is from: Belly Button Book (Boynton on Board S) (Board book)
My son picked this book out at our last trip to the library. That was over three weeks ago. Since then, he has insisted on us reading it at least once every day and gets quite upset when I try to suggest another book. Sometimes we read it twice in a row! Obviously, before this book is returned to the library we will have to purchase our own copy. My son has two favorite parts to this book: The first is when the hippopotomus is explaining what "bee bo" means (BELLY BUTTON!!!); my son breaks out in a huge grin there. The second is for the belly button song. I'm not sure what the tune to the song is so we just made something up but there's no avoiding having to sing the song repeatedly. My son won't let me turn the page until I've sung several rounds. This was a surprise hit for us and I highly recommend it for anyone in this age group.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is so sweet!, October 11, 2005
Jaiden's Mommy (Kadena Air Force Base Okinawa, Japan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Belly Button Book (Boynton on Board S) (Board book)
My son who is 18 months just adores this book! Everytime I say Bee bo he just laughs and laughs. And he always dances when I sing the song. It is such a sweet book and it's great for teaching body parts and having fun while you read to your child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bee Bo!!, March 19, 2006
This review is from: Belly Button Book (Boynton on Board S) (Board book)
Bee Bo great!!! This is such a cute, colorful, fun book. My daughter just laughs when I say "Bee Bo" in a funny hippo voice. So, she is the reviewer, really. Very cute, highly reccommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous book!, October 10, 2005
This review is from: Belly Button Book (Boynton on Board S) (Board book)
This is a wonderful book for the child with an obsession with their belly. My daughter plays with hers all the time, which I believe most little ones do. If your child has not discovered their bee-bo yet, this book is a great fun introduction. Another must have from Sandra Boynton.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Boynton book, March 1, 2006
This review is from: Belly Button Book (Boynton on Board S) (Board book)
Let's face it Sandra Boyton rocks. Her books are fabulous, her illustrations distinct and catchy and cute. This one, about how much Hippos love their belly buttons, was an immediate hit with my three daughters (ages 1, 3 and 3).

add it to your Boynton collection!

5.0 out of 5 stars I am addicted!, March 17, 2006
Elena Korboukh (Philadelphia, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Belly Button Book (Boynton on Board S) (Board book)
I know that this book was supposed to be for my daughter, but I am usually the one who giggles the most at 'bee-boo' and other cute parts of the book.

Belly Button Book (Boynton on Board S)
Belly Button Book (Boynton on Board S) by Sandra Boynton (Board book - April 18, 2005)
$6.95 $6.17