Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Belly Button Book (Boynton on Board)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

Format: Board book|Change

on September 26, 2005
My 20 month old has an obsession with her belly button, if she can lift her shirt she is constantly playing with it. If she has on a bodysuit that covers it she tries to play with it through her shirt. She also loves to pull up other peoples shirts to find theirs. She also loves Sandra Boyton books, we read "Pajama Time" and "Barnyard Dance" about 5 times a day or more. So when I saw this new book from Boyton I knew she would love it!

I think this is one of Boyton's better books. The illustrations are always adorable but the text in this one is top notch. Its a very cute story of hippo's and how they love their bee bo's, belly button for hippo's. They go to the beach to show off their bee bo's, sing a song about them and praise and love them.

The fun rhyme of the text help hold my toddlers attention, not to mention the subject matter.

I would highly reccomend this book to any hippo, belly button or Sandra Boyton fan's. You wont be dissapointed.
on June 17, 2006
The product information for this book says "ages 4-8." I would guess that kids that age would enjoy it, but it is definitely written for little kids to have read to them by parents, who will love it just as much. It's a board book, so the youngest in your family can chew on it to their heart's content. It's cute. It's funny. It contains puns adults will get without making the kids feel left out. It has a nice rhythm and rhyme. It's just generally a great deal of fun!!!!
VINE VOICEon July 8, 2005
Sandra Boynton has, for many years, written books that my child and many others I know hold as their favorites. With this latest, spun from Philadelphia Chickens, she's created another one that both parents and children will love.

Featuring a bunch of hippos playing on the beach, the song is an homage to our belly buttons. Knowing the fascination that so many kids have with their navel, this one is sure to please. The hippo illustrations are exactly what you'd expect from Boynton, and the rhymes are silly fun. And anyone who reads this one will especially enjoy the hippo baby who can only say, "Bee-bo," when referring to their belly button.

Boynton seems to have an amazing understanding and perception of exactly what young children will enjoy in a board book. This is another winner, to add to an already extensive list of impressive works.
on January 17, 2006
This one of the only SB books we were missing and it is by far one the best! I love it and my 20-month old son loves it too! It nice to have with the SB song book (philadelphia chicken) and CD, now we know the tune of th hipo song :o). But Snuggle Puppy is the best SB book and my son requests it all the time (as well as the song on the CD).
on May 25, 2006
My son picked this book out at our last trip to the library. That was over three weeks ago. Since then, he has insisted on us reading it at least once every day and gets quite upset when I try to suggest another book. Sometimes we read it twice in a row! Obviously, before this book is returned to the library we will have to purchase our own copy. My son has two favorite parts to this book: The first is when the hippopotomus is explaining what "bee bo" means (BELLY BUTTON!!!); my son breaks out in a huge grin there. The second is for the belly button song. I'm not sure what the tune to the song is so we just made something up but there's no avoiding having to sing the song repeatedly. My son won't let me turn the page until I've sung several rounds. This was a surprise hit for us and I highly recommend it for anyone in this age group.
on October 11, 2005
My son who is 18 months just adores this book! Everytime I say Bee bo he just laughs and laughs. And he always dances when I sing the song. It is such a sweet book and it's great for teaching body parts and having fun while you read to your child.
on February 12, 2016
It hurts to give this book a low rating, but this book doesn't flow like all her other books. It's choppy and doesn't rhyme very much.

I can read all her other books and the words just flow from the pages, but not this one.

Don't let this dissuade you from getting any of Sandra Boynton's other books, though. They are all amazing!
on March 19, 2006
Bee Bo great!!! This is such a cute, colorful, fun book. My daughter just laughs when I say "Bee Bo" in a funny hippo voice. So, she is the reviewer, really. Very cute, highly reccommended.
on July 11, 2016
Fun book with short sentences.
love Boynton Books!
Also these books are prunted on heavy cardboard that stand up tp a lot of abuse. My toddler not only loves reading these, but sometimes takes them into the bed overnight. I know it makes for a strange cuddle buddy but at least I don't have to worry about whether or not the book is going to survive the night. We've had others that were not so lucky.
on October 10, 2005
This is a wonderful book for the child with an obsession with their belly. My daughter plays with hers all the time, which I believe most little ones do. If your child has not discovered their bee-bo yet, this book is a great fun introduction. Another must have from Sandra Boynton.