5.0 out of 5 stars Escort Bought Beltronics ; almost the exact same detector as 9500ix for less $$$
I find it amusing when people write reviews claiming the GX65/9500ix "beat the $#@ out of the other! I tried both!"

Escort purchased Beltronics a while back. The 9500ix and GX65 have virtually the same guts and are made by the same company. Don't believe me, go search google for things like (without the quotes) "gx65 9500ix same company", or "9500ix gx65 same...
Published on July 20, 2011 by Steven Brown

2.0 out of 5 stars Constant False Laser Alerts
I mounted my Beltronics Pro GX65 on a "BlendMount" under and forward of the rear view mirror, which is in the "ideal position" as shown on a page of the Beltronics operating manual. The result is an appearance that looks like a factory installation. A very clean look and also, mounted in the "most ideal area" according to the instruction manual supplied by the...
Published on May 27, 2011 by Cook & Collector

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars easy, April 5, 2010
ron (Crawfordville, FL, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beltronics Pro GX65 Radar Detector (Black) (Electronics)
This radar detector is the BOMB!!!! turn it on and save money...yes it did the second day I had it, crusing along 10 miles over , the state trooper is hidden behind some cement road divider, stacked up high, so when you go by, bam...you history. My littler GX65 screams at me for a sec, (instant on) and lets me kow, to slow down, it even told me how fast I was going, nice feature, to check your speedo on the car. tickets range from 100 to 300 , just for going 10 or so over, so I figure it has already been paid for now...it has earned the right to stay on in my car , 24/7...Thanks Beltronics, great product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great detector so far, but having problem with it falling off mount, June 11, 2009
This review is from: Beltronics Pro GX65 Radar Detector (Black) (Electronics)
Been a radar detector user for over 20 years and so far I've been happy with the GX65 performance and the GPS features (my first GPS unit). There are a lot of intersections here in Denver that I didn't know had red light cameras! Not that I blow through red lights; I support cameras for gross red light infractions but some are just ridiculous and obviously configured to generate revenue and do not promote safety.

My main problem is the GX65 detector keeps popping off the windshield mount on minor sequential bumps or moderate frost heave type bumps. More specifically, the detector doesn't seem to "bite" on the windshield mount enough and will shake it's way off frequently while the mount stays attached to the windshield. Nothing strange or out of the ordinary with my mounting. I do have a stiffly sprung sports car, but I imagine a lot of the radar detector owners also own sports cars. Anyone else having this issue?

I'm trying to figure out if it is a isolated defect with my unit, or a general problem with the Beltronic GX65 or Beltronics in general. Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars The product performs as described and warns well in advance of radar traps, July 9, 2009
This review is from: Beltronics Pro GX65 Radar Detector (Black) (Electronics)
Beltronics Pro GX65 Radar Detector (Black)
Amazing product!
The clarity of the warning voices can be heard above a radio or road noise.
The advance warnings have already save me the purchase price in ticket fines.
If located properly in the vehicle the warnings from behind you are just as accurate and necessary.
Just yesterday a local police car began following me with the radar detector warning me well in advance
of their approach and I was able to review my speed because the detector announces it to me.
Great product, well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beltronics is still the best, April 2, 2010
This review is from: Beltronics Pro GX65 Radar Detector (Black) (Electronics)
I've had several Radar Detectors over the years, and Beltronics has made the best of them...this includes Escort. You cannot go wrong with this brand.

This detector acts just as advertised, and better. In fact, I think that the GPS reception is better than I hoped. I use a billet aluminum mount that attaches the detector to my homelink rearview mirror, so I figured that all of that would interfere with the GPS signal...nope. This thing sniffs out the smokies well before I could ever hope to see them...a valuable asset when you commute 80 miles/day on country roads/highways.

It's easy to use, the signals are immediately recognizable.

It may be a bit pricey, but it is worth it, and, considering the cost of speeding tickets and the subsequent increase in insurance premiums, this thing has paid for itself more than once in the month and a half that I've had it.

get it; you won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beltronics Pro GX65, October 30, 2010
This review is from: Beltronics Pro GX65 Radar Detector (Black) (Electronics)
I commute 100 miles a day. I just purchased my second Subaru a 2011 IMPREZA WRX STI. Indeed the car is fast, however I am not a racer and I did not purchase the vehicle to modify as so many do. I did not buy the detector so that I can wantonly speed down the highway. As a matter of fact I bought the detector as I believe it makes me more aware of my surroundings and my speed and thus a more concientious driver. I rarely exceed the speed limit. I like the added knowledge a detector gives me as I commute. So far, the detector has proven to be extremely accurate and has incredible range. NM State Police use Ka almost exclusively and I would say the detector gives me a respectable lead of at least half a mile or more. As the speed limit on I-25 is 75 occassionally will wander into the 80 mph range and having the protection of this dectector has already saved me from 4 tickets so far. I'd say that more than covers the cost of the detector in fines and insurance rate increases. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Has paid for itself manifold!, October 19, 2012
This review is from: Beltronics Pro GX65 Radar Detector (Black) (Electronics)
This great detector keeps everyone honest. It is not a license to speed but it gives fair warning for when Smokey needs more ticket revenue that month. More than once it has provided ample warning for a sneaky officer hiding in just the right place to nail me dead.

The unit works well. The warning is very loud, almost annoying, but it tapers itself down. The built-in GPS function for marking and defeating false alarms from fixed radar triggers such as those in-town speed signs saves daily aggravation on my commute. The red light warning also works well, and with their increasing use in the NY Metro area I am glad that many are already marked. Other's have to be updated on line or by easy push button tagging from your own experience.

IMO the best innovation is the remote mute button located on the power plug where it mates with the cigarette lighter. That is way more convenient than reaching forward and up towards the windshield to mute the alarm.

My only beef is the suction cups started to fail quickly, surely from the UV in sunlight. A spare set is included but after they fry then what? One would think there is a more UV resistant plastic available.

4.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal Device, Note of Caution for Red Light Camera Database, September 13, 2011
TN Big Al (Nashville, TN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beltronics Pro GX65 Radar Detector (Black) (Electronics)
I am a long time consumer of Bel radar detectors, and this model is by far the best I have owned to date, thanks to the added GPS functionality. One note of caution is the database of Red Light cameras is not complete even with the current updates. This can give you a false sense of security that you know where the cameras are located. On a side note, they changed up the voice a little from all previous Bel units I have owned, so the masculine voice has a feminine touch, so passengers in your car will say gay band in fun, when the radar detector is saying K Band. The performance of this radar detector is by far the best I have experienced in 20+ years of using radar detectors. The GPS functionality, and actually indicating your speed via GPS when the detector picks up a band is a really great feature. I recommend this product, and always recommend Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, March 25, 2012
This review is from: Beltronics Pro GX65 Radar Detector (Black) (Electronics)
I have had their detectors in the past but this one is the best. I can lock-out false signals on my daily drive. The automatic silencing is also great since these units pick-up a signal way before you are in the danger zone.

5.0 out of 5 stars I wear hearing aids and the Mans voice is much better for me, September 9, 2014
squire tomasie (SMITHS STATION, AL, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beltronics Pro GX65 Radar Detector (Black) (Electronics)
Gave my Escort Max to my Son and purchased this GX65. I wear hearing aids and the Mans voice is much better for me. I use it on my Sport Bike with a ear plug, have to turn volume down its so good. The Max I couldn't hear or understand the female voice.
First trip in NO. California it saved me at least 6 tickets.

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to pick up signals good and updates database through pc, October 17, 2014
This review is from: Beltronics Pro GX65 Radar Detector (Black) (Electronics)
Only just received this, it works as advertised. Seems to pick up signals good and updates database through pc. It doesn't come with it's own data cable, if you don't have one you may want to buy one. The included windshield mount is adequate but I am getting a sturdier dash mount (about $20 more). After some more use and a couple of road trips might come back and give it 5 stars.

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

Beltronics Pro GX65 Radar Detector (Black)
$469.95 $368.17