Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bem HL2022B Bluetooth Mobile Speaker for Smartphones - Retail Packaging - Black
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on February 10, 2014
I really liked this product. It was purchased through Costco, but then it broke after just a few charges. I think the system worked, but there was an issue most likely with the USB port on the device. I returned in less than 30 days after I removed it from the package, possibly hoping to pick up another, but they were all sold out. The employee at Customer Service said many people had been returning them.
on July 2, 2014
After some light use, this has stopped charging. Or actually, it charges for a while the light goes from red to green, the I unplug it and try to turn it on... Nothing happens. So I try plugging it in and it is red again. Been trying for days to figure it out. I'm now fed up. It is going into the electronics recycling bin and I guess I'll go buy a more reliable brand.
on December 29, 2013
I purchased two of these speakers for gifts to others (my mother & daughter) based on reviews I read at Amazon. Once I removed them from the package, I connected the USB charging cable from the speaker to an electrical outlet to charge it as instructed in the user guide . The red LED light slowly flashed during charging and was suppose to turn green after approximately 2 hours indicating the unit was completely charged. Unfortunately, the unit never fully charged even after 10 hours of being plugged into the electrical outlet. The unit LED light still flashes red. The unit will work with a MP3 player, but only if the unit is plugged in. The sound is great, but mobility is not so hot since it requires I be near an electrical outlet. I've asked my daughter to try her gift to see if the same thing happens to her. Today I went to the BEM Wireless website to send them an email about my issue. I will update this review once I've heard from them. I can't say I would recommend the speaker at this junction.

UPDATE*************************************************

Since my first review, my daughter has successfully charged her speaker and is quite happy with the quality of the sound. I was given an Amazon credit for my mother's speaker which I returned. In no time at all, she received a replacement which I had ordered and has successfully charged and hooked up her speaker to her MP3 player as well. I am quite satisfied with my purchase and the responsiveness of BEM Wireless.
on December 8, 2014
I LOVED my BEM speaker - the sound quality was awesome, it was super portable and I thought it was a great deal for the price point. In fact, before purchasing this speaker, I was debating between the big JamBox and the smaller one. When I saw this for $30, I figured I would use it until I decided which JamBox to purchase and I was blown away the quality vs. price, but after just a couple months, it just wouldn't charge anymore. I hadn't read any reviews and wasn't aware that many others were experiencing the same problem. I saw an updated version of this speaker at my local Costco, this new version came with a conductive charging base that also doubled as a charger for my iphone/ipad. I was stoked and quickly forgot about the problems I had with my previous speaker. I will post a separate review about the updated version of this speaker, but basically, I am returning it to Costco. It charges just fine (for now) but I get a very loud busy signal interrupting my music from time to time, and even more annoying, this busy signal sometimes goes off in the middle of the night even when there is NO music playing and would wake me up. I am going to swap it for my 3rd and final BEM speaker. If this one fails me, I will have to move on to another speaker.
on December 30, 2013
I got this as a gift, and was pretty excited about it. It looks really cool, and it's much smaller than the giant iHome I've had for a while. Unfortunately, when I tried to plug in the USB to charge it the connector collapsed into the speaker, rendering this POS completely useless.
I am bummed.
I advise against purchasing this, unless you have the steady hands of a brain surgeon. Even then, lower your expectations and then call me so I can say "I told you so" when it breaks on you too.
on January 10, 2014
I was given the wireless speaker as a holiday gift and loved it, but after a couple weeks of usage, it won't take a charge and has basically died. I emailed the company and got no response. I called their customer service and sales numbers and was sent to "this mailbox is full" mailboxes.

It's a neat idea, but mine didn't last and the company seems to avoid their customers at all costs. I wouldn't bother if I were you.
on September 10, 2014
These things are great! Sound is quite good for such a small unit, battery life is pretty good, and the bluetooth pairing is hassle-free. I mostly use it with my Nexus 7 but I've used with my phone and laptop. I've never connected it via the included cable, never had the need. Charging is via the standard micro USB that we all have many chargers for. You'll have one more upon purchasing this.

I'd bought my first one at a big box store, which due to my clumsiness fell about four feet to a concrete floor and afterwards the sound was rather distorted. So I immediately bought another. I'll be more careful with this one, and recommend that you do the same!
on August 14, 2015
The speaker came in a brown box,but when i opened it up it looked like a brand new speaker,even smelled new.
for 10.00 you wont find a better bt speaker.and as a bonus you can plug it into other equipment and stream music from your pmp,or phone
gonna pick another one up while their on sale.
on May 22, 2013
I read the reviews and thought, that's a lot to spend on such a little speaker( truly about the size of a tennis ball). But decided what the heck I can always send it back. I ordered direct from Amazon and got it in two days. I took it out of the box and with no fuss paired it to both my Samsung S3 Galaxy and my Dell laptop, just a matter of turning it on and waiting for them to recognize it. I am amazed at how good this little thing sounds. It wouldn't be sufficient for a large party but if a few people were over I would say more than adequate and amazingly full bodied sound for it's size. I haven't timed it but I believe it probably does get 6 hours of use on a charge. I know I kept thinking it was going to need to be recharged soon and it just kept playing( you can leave it plugged in to the AC charger as well). I've only had it for a few days but have used it many hours so far and unless it has issues that crop up I have to say I'm 100 percent satisfied with this " Little Mouse That Roars". I highly recommend it.
on July 5, 2014
This would be a 5 star product except for one fatal flaw: the USB charger port is poorly secured.

When the unit stopped charging after a few weeks I took it apart to see if there was an easy fix. The problem is that the charging port is poorly secured to the PCBoard with light solder joints only. If you aren't extremely careful when plugging the charger into the port (and who is) you will eventually loosen the solder joints and lose contact with the board. No circuit. No charge. From other reviews this seems to be a common problem and therefore a design flaw.

You have my personal guarantee on this, which is worth a lot more than the 90 day warranty you get if you buy this thing.