5.0 out of 5 stars OMFG THIS MONITOR ROCKS
Published 9 months ago by MJ FAME

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for long times staying at computer
Since I used this monitor I could spend more time in the computer without feeling my eyes tired compared to using my old monitor.

The image is not that great tough, but it compensates with full image customization.
Published 7 months ago by Luis Taco

5.0 out of 5 stars OMFG THIS MONITOR ROCKS, February 22, 2014
This review is from: BenQ Gaming Monitor RL2455HM (24-Inch LED) (Accessory)
This monitor is everything that you want in an LCD console gaming monitor. Feels like zero input lag like a CRT (tube). Been playing on a 55" Sony Bravia and thought that I was gonna be sacrificing quality for speed. Boy was I wrong. Some people complain about the color but that's because they don't understand that this monitor gives you full control over the RED GREEN & BLUE (each has a slider from 1 to 100) so just slide the 3 sliders around to find what works for you. Follow my settings and your picture will look mint with accurate colors that will not appear washed out or overly saturated.
Picture mode: RTS 1
Color Temp - Red- 93. Green-89. Blue-97

AMA - High
Instant mode- on

Good2Go

4.0 out of 5 stars Radical Review; Major League Quality - Entry Level Price, September 23, 2013
This review is from: BenQ Gaming Monitor RL2455HM (24-Inch LED) (Accessory)
I purchased this monitor after heavy debating between a Viewsonic and a similar Asus model. Of all three, the BenQ was the most costly, but in the end I'm glad I made my decision.

PROS;

Lightning fast Response Time; After doing my research online comparing response times and refresh rates, I found out that the difference between 1ms and 8ms is a HUGE difference.
Before this display, I used a Sylvania 22" HD TV. Now, TVs aren't meant to have lightning fast response times and refresh rates, but this one was a solid 8ms/60hz so it worked for the 5 years I had it.
After getting the BenQ in, I set it up and immediately noticed significant changes in my performance on games like Call of Duty and even Payday 2.

Easy setup; getting this out of the box and on my desk took no longer than 5 minutes. The stand and base interlock very easily and it's a very sturdy setup. No wobbling or anything like that.

Easy navigation; the buttons on the side of the display have their own shortcuts that you can customize for things like volume and which input you're using. The buttons have a definitive click to them and they take some getting used to in terms of totally finding everything and tweaking to your likings, but it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to get a feel for it.

CONS;

Speakers; I had recently gotten a new pair of speakers for the monitor, and boy did I need them. The speakers on this monitor are very tinny sounding and lack any kind of power. They're only 2 watts, and they sound exactly like cellphone speakers. This might be a huge deal to people who don't have external speakers or a headset to use.

UPDATED CONS:

No remote controller support; I found in many instances that I would have to physically get up out of bed to lower the volume if it was too loud. (FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS) but this is only a minor problem.

REVOKED CONS;

Washed Out Color - I use to feel like the color was washed out, but I found a solution. I believe the monitor is still too bright, but the ECO setting makes things PERFECT. It lowers the backlight and saturates the colors and makes them look beautiful. The brightness is perfect for all games I play currently and I haven't turned back yet.

FINAL THOUGHTS;

Overall it's a great monitor for the price, even if it is lacking in some respects. I hope this guide was helpful and informative.

6 MONTH UPDATE; I'm updating this review on April 5th, 2014.

Over the past 6 months, I've had nothing but good things to say about this monitor. I have not had any problems with it at all and I use it 7 days a week. Sometimes the monitor is on for 24 hours or more at a time and it's still going strong! I've fixed certain visual problems that took a star away and now I believe this monitor is PERFECT for the price, especially because it's on sale right now! (04/05/14)

Here are my visual settings for a perfect display;

ECO setting;

Sharpness: 1
Color Temperature: R 95 G 93 B 97
AMA: High
Instant Mode: On

Picture Advanced: HDMI RGB PC Range; 0~255

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, January 16, 2014
This review is from: BenQ Gaming Monitor RL2455HM (24-Inch LED) (Accessory)
I have only had two monitors just for gaming on Xbox. the first one I got is "ASUS VS278Q-P Ultrafast 1ms 27-inch LED-Lit monitor", I hated that one. So after three month of torture, I decide to get a new one. honestly, the "MLG" caught my eye, and the price is cheaper than the first one, so I decide "what the heck, I will give it a try." (when I got this monitor in, the box is open, so I immediately called for an exchange.) when I finally tried it on my Xbox, I was surprised how clear is the picture. all I did was plug it in, the color was just perfect. (this unit has a built in speaker, do not have comment on that, most people use headsets any ways.) I used it on Xbox 360 and ONE, it both worked great, (The Xbox One picture quality does look better than Xbox 360. ^-^ )
I play COD with it, it works great.
I had this for a few month now, used it almost every day, and I still love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor for the price., June 29, 2014
This review is from: BenQ Gaming Monitor RL2455HM (24-Inch LED) (Accessory)
This monitor is 75hz. I've ready MANY reviews and none agree. I tested mine... IT runs at 75Hz. I kind of wish i would have ween with a 1440-1600p monitor, but that would have made it much more expensive. I will eventually use this as my Alternative monitor, when I do upgrade to a 1600p. However I have Zero dead pixels, and the colors are great. I love it..

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Xbox 360 and Xbox One Gaming (PS3/4 too), May 30, 2014
This review is from: BenQ Gaming Monitor RL2455HM (24-Inch LED) (Accessory)
I'm so happy I finally ordered this monitor after doing some research. (Some quick history) I was playing my Xbox 360/One console's on my regular HDTV, a big old 47" Vizio "Smart TV" at 120hz with all that smooth motion stuff and while it had "Game Mode" it just made the games I played "not quite so awful" when on Game Mode, haha.... After my research I discovered my TV is up there in the top 5-10 worse possible LED HDTV's amount of input lag on many, many sites. Sad thing is it has beautiful picture, but now it's just for TV and occasional Xbox One blu-rays...... the lag was 350-650ms purely on HDMI input lag (with Game Mode on and all settings off, etc). It looked nice, but I had tons of issues playing NBA 2k14 online without serious lag issues and it nearly made shooting the ball impossible. Titanfall online was cool but so hard to get a kill... I'd totally see the guy first and lock on and shoot him first yet the weird lag would literally take at least 1 full second, maybe 1.5-2 full seconds from when I tapped shoot to when it actually shot (that 1-2 second lag was when playing online, with about 0.5 seconds lag offline... to the point I stopped enjoying it.

I got this monitor the other day after deciding I wanted something easy, simple, cheap, but solid and meant for what I need. And I was a bit weary at the start, when something says it has 1ms response GTG it makes you think "impossible", and while I'm not sure if it's gone from 450ms on my big screen to 1ms on this BenQ monitor, it sure does feel like it's a brand new system, no joke. Now I'm coming from a big screen Vizio that had so much processing video and audio via HDMI my online record was like 33% wins, basically winning 1 for every 2 losses.... It was nearly impossible to play defense on the Vizio because of lag, as well as getting players shot timing release correct being nearly impossible online.

The box came quick, score, and I was really impressed with the packaging and actual monitor itself. At this price I felt it would be cheap/flimsy plastic or something, but its a well constructed monitor. It's got a great base, a stand that snaps into the base and then the monitor slips right on top of that, all really secure. The buttons on the side are very intuitive and easy to use, being able to set and save your gaming profile or your PC profile (monitor settings). It also came with a solid RGB cord as well as a nice DVI cord as well. So I put it together and was ready to go, already impressed with what I had bought.

I turned on my 360 with HDMI and launched the system on...... and WOW. Seriously. The games and operating system run so much faster than I ever realized on the 360, and the picture is very very clear and colorful and sharp. My first game I played I was literally laughing loud, realizing that I just dropped 400ms in lag give or take, maybe more. It feels instantaneous, and the game plays so fluid no. NBA 2K14 is a complex and fast, competitive game and being able to use dribble moves now without worrying about running into an opponent on some weird random animation is just amazing. I have some friends that are like superfreaks on this game who will play me and beat me by 20 at the minimum always in the past. 3 of those guys I've played since and either beat by a few points or barely lost... all a result of the amazing monitor doing what it's supposed to do.

Even with HDMI video and audio at 1080p it runs flawlessly, and I've become this defensive stopper the past 3 days and I am in love with this monitor forever now. 6 minute quarters online, I am shooting about 10% better overall (from 40% to 50%+), as you can use the shot stick to create the spin shot and release the stick when the player flashes for 0.1 seconds, and I can actually use that function now, working perfectly! I used to be awful at free throws (like 65% bad average) and now I am hitting every FT basically. I always used to get out-rebounded because my timing was always off and what I understand now is it was always late jumping. Right when I played my first game I was actually doing really bad in the 1st quarter because everything is so extremely responsive and amazing. I was hopping for rebounds like 1-2 seconds early now, as it actually hops each time you tap Y.

But by the 2nd half I was dominating the computer on the hardest level, and doing combo dribble moves combined with change of pace/speed I feel like I'm in full control of the guy and as a result I am getting way more dribble drives that finish with dunks, and running the fast break is just crisper. Everything is so responsive, I just can't say that enough.

Then opened up TitanFall and my Xbox One and to my surprise I wasn't as bad as the big HDTV made me think I was, especially with the smart pisol (I'm not a huge FPS guy but most sports games have become so advanced that one tap of a trigger or button can result in getting dunked on. But all the sudden, I load the game (having not played it for a month or so) and it felt like a solid game actually with beautiful graphics and the ability to jump and fire and run, without weird lag. My first match was ok, adjusting, but no joke my second match online was the best game I'd ever played on it totally destroying people with that smart pistol auto aim thing. It's no different than what I did before on the other TV, it's just responsive so as a result I've greatly improved on it.

For console gaming, this gen and next gen, this monitor is great. I like to keep things simple, since most all games run at 720p or 1080p now and at 60hz/60 frames per second. The underrated part of this monitor is the picture quality. I was expecting stuff to sorta be washed out like RGB Xbox 360 Cord/Output that use to run nice on monitors, but was really greyish and washed out. Not this baby. It seems like the image is printed on the screen its so clear, crisp, beautiful range of colors, and with no slow down. I can't believe I didn't find out about this monitor a year ago, haha.

If you have a Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, or PS4 and you are playing on a big screen with lag (or something with lag that's just too obvious and can not get over the difference. If you already use a monitor for console gaming then it won't be a huge different probably, but if you are using a LED HDTV that's bigger than 32"/37" (especially the 40-60" range) and experience a lot of issues and input lag for gaming on your consoles, this is the perfect answer.

Speakers are meh, but it has a line in as well as a headphone/line out which is nice. That's the only weakness, weak speakers, haha. I haven't really tested it on PC much, though I hooked it up to my laptop via RGB (not DVI the higher quality) and set the desktop on the BenQ to 1920 X 1080 as that's its native resolution. It looks beautiful, and I watched the movie "Gravity" on it (a blu ray) and I felt like I was watching it on a high end amazing brand TV. For movies you want to set it to "MOvie" setting and turn on some of the picture features or raise the black equalizer and stuff, but 24'' is a lot bigger than I was thinking and it was superb.

The monitor does exactly what you think it does and I'm just another satisfied customer. I recommend this to anyone looking for a gaming monitor for their console, last gen or next gen... the picture is beautiful with colors and crisp smooth images, like no blur, great contrast, and lightning fast response time that I still can't get over!

It's already stepped up my game, it's amazing when you realize you've spent almost a year playing with 1.0 - 2.0 full seconds of input lag when playing online, making things insane (on a cheap old Vizio 47"). This thing could of cost $280 and I'd be satisfied.

5/5

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good monitor for console gamers, June 18, 2014
This review is from: BenQ Gaming Monitor RL2455HM (24-Inch LED) (Accessory)
I can't play on my plasma anymore. My back and neck ache from terrible posture on the couch or lounge chair. So I decided to move the consoles to my desk and play where I could sit up straight in my office chair. The Acer monitor I was using was quite responsive in terms of lag but didn't have the best motion and at 22" wasn't ideal as all my games ended up with letterbox bars. In addition it had only a singe DVI and VGA connection and while you could have two things connected at once (in my case, my PC and my 360 via VGA) there was no way to switch between the two without shutting everything down and then turning on just what you wanted to use. No HDMI also meant no PS3-- bummer.

So I stepped up to the BenQ RL2455HM. I really recommend the BenQ as it satisfied my needs without breaking the bank but I do so with a few caveats.

Before I get to those let's talk about what I like about the BenQ. First, input lag is virtually non existent and at 1ms GTG you can be assured this is one of, if not THE, fastest LCDs on the market. At 24" the monitor is large and a good value for the money. The matte screen does a good job rejecting room reflections. While the stand doesn't offer height adjustment it sits tall enough for me and I like that the base is designed to not take up much room. Connectivity is a strong point for the BenQ as it features 2 hdmi inputs, a DVI and a VGA as well as a 3.5mm plug for the internal speakers (the speakers are terrible but who gives a crap). Another high point is the OSD and menu navigation. The monitor features five bullet marked buttons arranged above the power button on the right side. Pressing any of these calls up the OSD and then you simply press the button next to the corresponding action you want to take making menu navigation simple and intuitive. And BenQ even allows you to customize the menu so you can place your most used controls up front for quick access.

Now for my caveats. First, while the TN panel the BenQ employs is responsible for it's blisteringly fast gaming response it's also responsible for it's somewhat mediocre picture quality. While a little time and effort in the picture controls will do wonders for the contrast and color as it comes out of the box there is only so much that can be done here. Black levels are pretty light and while the backlight uniformity leaves little to complain about the viewing angles are atrocious-- again, attributed to the TN panel. Avid gamers will likely consider this a fair trade for the excellent response but for those that play more casually a well rounded VA panel might be a better choice (IPS continues to be a poor choice for gaming due to it's slow response times). In addition to the middling video performance is the uninspired design. While the BenQ feels solid enough and I like the slim foot of the stand the rest of the monitor looks pretty function over form. Everything is matte black plastic (which somehow still collects finger smudges) except, inexplicably, the stalk which is finished in shiny black plastic and is flanked by a red line that extends around the back of the foot. The screen is sunk a fair ways inside the bezel which results in annoying reflections along the edges of the picture. Finally, there is no cable management so you'll likely be stuck staring at all the cables you've managed to plug into it. This isn't a monitor you'll want to proudly display atop your Pier One vintage design desk.

And allow me one nitpick: I don't like that the monitor does not 'save' picture mode choices between inputs. Whenever you change inputs it retains whatever picture mode you were using in the previous input-- meaning if you use different picture modes for different inputs (as I do between my PC and consoles) you're stuck changing the input and then also changing the picture mode, Now, it's a small task to change the picture mode thanks to the custom key function but it really feels like an unnecessary step after a couple hundred input changes.

So, there you have it. A good monitor if you're looking for fast gaming response and a large screen at a fair price. I like the versatility of having up to 4 devices plugged in at once and as long as you're not too critical the picture is satisfying enough for the majority of games I've played on it. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Monitor for Gaming, March 22, 2014
This review is from: BenQ Gaming Monitor RL2455HM (24-Inch LED) (Accessory)
Lets be clear, this is a TN panel. TN panels are good at only one thing, handling fast motion. This monitor does everything it is hyped about. I found the Black E Q to be very limited in use. I bought this for response time and 0 input lag. I was able to get the colors set to where they are decent enough for gaming purposes. I would not try to use this for any graphics/photo work or even everyday use. I bought this for the sole purpose of use with an XB1. I play COD, HALO, FIFA, MADDEN, and FORZA exclusively online only, so no delay is important. I have not been disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Monitor is awesome, March 14, 2014
This review is from: BenQ Gaming Monitor RL2455HM (24-Inch LED) (Accessory)
I really enjoy this monitor and recommend it to anyone looking to get a nice console monitor to play fps on. With the fast responds time and the vivid color you can not go wrong picking up one of these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Monitor is excellent. Only quibble I have is with the warranty ..., September 2, 2014
This review is from: BenQ Gaming Monitor RL2455HM (24-Inch LED) (Accessory)
Monitor is excellent. Only quibble I have is with the warranty registration. The Limited Warranty card that comes with the monitor states,"To ensure timely response to a service request, please register on our website: [...]. If you are unable to register online, please complete and detach the BenQ Warranty registration card below:" However, I noticed immediately that there was no warranty card. I attached no importance to this since I intended on registering online anyway. However, when I went to the BenQ site, I searched without success for a link to start the registration process. Using the search box for the site was totally unhelpful, as was the site map. I tried Googling, and again, no success. Gritting my teeth, I finally called the BenQ customer service telephone number. The man I talked to told me "registration is automatic." When I asked what that meant, he said that the registration is"automatic." Sensing I was going to get nowhere, I verified that I didn't have to register the monitor and he affirmed that. I hung up, hoping I never have to submit a warranty claim.

5.0 out of 5 stars This monitor is FANTASTIC!, July 6, 2013
This review is from: BenQ Gaming Monitor RL2455HM (24-Inch LED) (Accessory)
I am actually typing this review on the monitor right now! This is an absolutely fantastic item, there is no ghosting or visual problem of any kind. I'm playing on Xbox 360 until the next generation of consoles comes out and I do warn you that in order to get the most premium 1080p picture, there are a few weird settings that you have to change in order to really get the full experience out of the monitor. Which I figured out on my own after about 30 minutes of messing around with the settings of both the screen and the 360. I normally play games like Battlefield, Max Payne, and Halo and they all look glorious! Also had to turn the brightness WAY up in Skyrim. Like WAAAAY up. But after that, this thing is a pro. For $199 this monitor is way above par. It also comes with a VGA and DVI-D cable, and the VGA cable is the only one that I used out of the box, considering I have 2 HDMI's that I use for my YouTube channel. I'll link my unboxing video so you guys can see whatcha get right out of the box! But seriously, I spent over 3 weeks looking online and in stores for a monitor and I'm sure that this one will last me well into my college years, as well as after, considering the great picture quality. Junior in High School by the way!

Here's the unboxing!: [...]

Thanks for reading! BENQ I LOVES YOUR PRODUCTS.

BenQ Gaming Monitor RL2455HM (24-Inch LED)
$299.99 $169.00