5.0 out of 5 stars OMFG THIS MONITOR ROCKS
Published 5 months ago by MJ FAME

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for long times staying at computer
Since I used this monitor I could spend more time in the computer without feeling my eyes tired compared to using my old monitor.

The image is not that great tough, but it compensates with full image customization.
Published 3 months ago by Luis Taco

5.0 out of 5 stars OMFG THIS MONITOR ROCKS, February 22, 2014
This review is from: BenQ Gaming Monitor RL2455HM (24-Inch LED) (Accessory)
This monitor is everything that you want in an LCD console gaming monitor. Feels like zero input lag like a CRT (tube). Been playing on a 55" Sony Bravia and thought that I was gonna be sacrificing quality for speed. Boy was I wrong. Some people complain about the color but that's because they don't understand that this monitor gives you full control over the RED GREEN & BLUE (each has a slider from 1 to 100) so just slide the 3 sliders around to find what works for you. Follow my settings and your picture will look mint with accurate colors that will not appear washed out or overly saturated.
Picture mode: RTS 1
Color Temp - Red- 93. Green-89. Blue-97

AMA - High
Instant mode- on

Good2Go

4.0 out of 5 stars Radical Review; Major League Quality - Entry Level Price, September 23, 2013
This review is from: BenQ Gaming Monitor RL2455HM (24-Inch LED) (Accessory)
I purchased this monitor after heavy debating between a Viewsonic and a similar Asus model. Of all three, the BenQ was the most costly, but in the end I'm glad I made my decision.

PROS;

Lightning fast Response Time; After doing my research online comparing response times and refresh rates, I found out that the difference between 1ms and 8ms is a HUGE difference.
Before this display, I used a Sylvania 22" HD TV. Now, TVs aren't meant to have lightning fast response times and refresh rates, but this one was a solid 8ms/60hz so it worked for the 5 years I had it.
After getting the BenQ in, I set it up and immediately noticed significant changes in my performance on games like Call of Duty and even Payday 2.

Easy setup; getting this out of the box and on my desk took no longer than 5 minutes. The stand and base interlock very easily and it's a very sturdy setup. No wobbling or anything like that.

Easy navigation; the buttons on the side of the display have their own shortcuts that you can customize for things like volume and which input you're using. The buttons have a definitive click to them and they take some getting used to in terms of totally finding everything and tweaking to your likings, but it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to get a feel for it.

CONS;

Speakers; I had recently gotten a new pair of speakers for the monitor, and boy did I need them. The speakers on this monitor are very tinny sounding and lack any kind of power. They're only 2 watts, and they sound exactly like cellphone speakers. This might be a huge deal to people who don't have external speakers or a headset to use.

UPDATED CONS:

No remote controller support; I found in many instances that I would have to physically get up out of bed to lower the volume if it was too loud. (FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS) but this is only a minor problem.

REVOKED CONS;

Washed Out Color - I use to feel like the color was washed out, but I found a solution. I believe the monitor is still too bright, but the ECO setting makes things PERFECT. It lowers the backlight and saturates the colors and makes them look beautiful. The brightness is perfect for all games I play currently and I haven't turned back yet.

FINAL THOUGHTS;

Overall it's a great monitor for the price, even if it is lacking in some respects. I hope this guide was helpful and informative.

6 MONTH UPDATE; I'm updating this review on April 5th, 2014.

Over the past 6 months, I've had nothing but good things to say about this monitor. I have not had any problems with it at all and I use it 7 days a week. Sometimes the monitor is on for 24 hours or more at a time and it's still going strong! I've fixed certain visual problems that took a star away and now I believe this monitor is PERFECT for the price, especially because it's on sale right now! (04/05/14)

Here are my visual settings for a perfect display;

ECO setting;

Sharpness: 1
Color Temperature: R 95 G 93 B 97
AMA: High
Instant Mode: On

Picture Advanced: HDMI RGB PC Range; 0~255

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, January 16, 2014
This review is from: BenQ Gaming Monitor RL2455HM (24-Inch LED) (Accessory)
I have only had two monitors just for gaming on Xbox. the first one I got is "ASUS VS278Q-P Ultrafast 1ms 27-inch LED-Lit monitor", I hated that one. So after three month of torture, I decide to get a new one. honestly, the "MLG" caught my eye, and the price is cheaper than the first one, so I decide "what the heck, I will give it a try." (when I got this monitor in, the box is open, so I immediately called for an exchange.) when I finally tried it on my Xbox, I was surprised how clear is the picture. all I did was plug it in, the color was just perfect. (this unit has a built in speaker, do not have comment on that, most people use headsets any ways.) I used it on Xbox 360 and ONE, it both worked great, (The Xbox One picture quality does look better than Xbox 360. ^-^ )
I play COD with it, it works great.
I had this for a few month now, used it almost every day, and I still love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor for the price., June 29, 2014
This review is from: BenQ Gaming Monitor RL2455HM (24-Inch LED) (Accessory)
This monitor is 75hz. I've ready MANY reviews and none agree. I tested mine... IT runs at 75Hz. I kind of wish i would have ween with a 1440-1600p monitor, but that would have made it much more expensive. I will eventually use this as my Alternative monitor, when I do upgrade to a 1600p. However I have Zero dead pixels, and the colors are great. I love it..

5.0 out of 5 stars Best gaming monitor for the price!, March 23, 2014
This review is from: BenQ Gaming Monitor RL2455HM (24-Inch LED) (Accessory)
Fast shipping easy setup and amazing picture. Huge difference over my old asus 2ms response time monitor. Works great on xbox1 and 360 as well as PC

5.0 out of 5 stars The best gaming monitor for a great price!, April 27, 2014
This review is from: BenQ Gaming Monitor RL2455HM (24-Inch LED) (Accessory)
Bought this monitor for my PS4. Hooked it up, liked movie picture mode for the great colors. Started performing a smidge, maybe a smidge, and half better in Call of Duty: Ghost. The speakers are horrible, but I never intended to use them. I use headphones instead. My Games have never looked so good, and the input lag in not even noticeable. I your looking for PC I know there are better monitors, but for consoles you've found the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Monitor., November 26, 2013
This review is from: BenQ Gaming Monitor RL2455HM (24-Inch LED) (Accessory)
I was fairly skeptical about it being the "Official Major League Gaming Monitor" as sponsored products tend to lack in quality, but I was very surprised at how well this monitor is made. The stand is very solid and snaps into place, and feels secure sitting on a stool in my room.

As well, I was worried that going from an Asus monitor with 5ms response time to the BenQ with 1ms response time wouldn't make a noticeable difference. Man, was I wrong. I'm an avid Halo 3 player that's been playing and flirting with the pro circuit for years, and I noticed an immediate improvement in my game play and connection of shots. You wouldn't think you could notice the difference of 4ms, but you really can, and it certainly does give you an advantage.

Overall I would highly recommend this monitor for competitive gaming if you want that extra edge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blurry Text Fix, July 17, 2014
This review is from: BenQ Gaming Monitor RL2455HM (24-Inch LED) (Accessory)
When I first turned on my computer all the text and icons were too big and fuzzy. I was on 1920 x 1080 and all the colors were accurate so I had no idea what to do. Even in game text was blurry! I am running Windows 8.1 so that might be part of the reason. After searching on the internet I found the solution and it was quite an easy fix once I knew what was wrong.
1. Go to the Control Panel
2. Click on "Display"
3. On the right side click "Adjust Resolution"
4.Make sure "Smaller - 100%" is selected.
5. Check the box that says "Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays."
6.Select small
7. Log out of windows and then log back in

That should fix it!
Once I figured that out the monitor is AMAZING. I use it for Battlefield, Bioshock, and other high quality games and it runs them without ghosting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing for its price point, April 6, 2014
This review is from: BenQ Gaming Monitor RL2455HM (24-Inch LED) (Accessory)
Great monitor. Picture quality might not be the best but its defenitely not bad. Its actually pretty Good. The selling point its the almost not response time. For fast pace game this monitor rocks. You can tell the diference between this one and playing on an LCD Tv for example. The ONE thing that I did not like are the speakers. Get a sound system hooked up or headset and you are Good to go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, Crisp, and Smooth, April 4, 2014
This review is from: BenQ Gaming Monitor RL2455HM (24-Inch LED) (Accessory)
Pros: Incredibly bright colors and deep blacks when in RTS mode for darker games like Diablo 3, which can be a bit dark at times. Also does really well in more colorful, vibrant games like Rift and Guild Wars 2. Haven't tested it on a shooter yet, but on a few racing games I have tried, no blurring/artifacting. Stable base, does not wobble, and is very easily adjustable on the tilt/etc.

Cons: So far honestly none. Will update if any problems or dislikes arise.

Rate and Discover Movies