Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on February 22, 2014
This monitor is everything that you want in an LCD console gaming monitor. Feels like zero input lag like a CRT (tube).

I had been playing on a 55" Sony Bravia (Game mode enabled) and thought that I was gonna be sacrificing quality in exchange for performance. Boy was I wrong.

I had noticed that many reviewers will complain about this monitor's color accuracy. That's because they don't understand that this monitor gives you full control over the RED GREEN & BLUE (each has a slider from 1 to 100) Adjust the RGB sliders to your liking.

I have provided the picture settings that I use for multiplayer gaming, below.

--------

*The following settings are based off of the RTS#1 mode. You must select and use RTS#1 as a starting point.*

Picture Mode :: RTS#1
AMA :: HIGH
Instant Mode :: ON
RGB PC Range :: 0-255

**JAN 27, 2016 Update**

Monitor is still going strong and I love it so much that I'm considering upgrading to the 27inch model.
That should provide a solid foundation
5959 comments| 473 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2015
I was first hesitant to buy this monitor. I purchased a Asus VG248QE a month before and connected to my PS4, the monitor failed and had flickering and screen dulling issues and finally stopped working. I was so upset and disappointed.
I took time again to know which is the best display for console gaming. And I went to the BENQ site and was comparing all the models and checked their reviews and finally narrowed my search to 2 monitors this one and the RL2460T. I liked the design of this monitor and the extra HDMI port which is available to connect your media player (Micca speck D2) after seeing those displays which can tilt and rotate is just a fancy gimmick. So I shelled out my money on BENQ RL2455HM it's the best and performs like a champ and I am astonished by the quality , sharpness and the responsiveness of the monitor. There is never a lag and I tried out all fast paced FPS and RPG games it's responsive and you will never miss the target. Would recommend it to anyone who is a casual, average or hardcore gamer. You will never go disappointed.
review image review image review image
1414 comments| 247 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 23, 2013
I purchased this monitor after heavy debating between a Viewsonic and a similar Asus model. Of all three, the BenQ was the most costly, but in the end I'm glad I made my decision.

PROS;

Lightning fast Response Time; After doing my research online comparing response times and refresh rates, I found out that the difference between 1ms and 8ms is a HUGE difference.
Before this display, I used a Sylvania 22" HD TV. Now, TVs aren't meant to have lightning fast response times and refresh rates, but this one was a solid 8ms/60hz so it worked for the 5 years I had it.
After getting the BenQ in, I set it up and immediately noticed significant changes in my performance on games like Call of Duty and even Payday 2.

Easy setup; getting this out of the box and on my desk took no longer than 5 minutes. The stand and base interlock very easily and it's a very sturdy setup. No wobbling or anything like that.

Easy navigation; the buttons on the side of the display have their own shortcuts that you can customize for things like volume and which input you're using. The buttons have a definitive click to them and they take some getting used to in terms of totally finding everything and tweaking to your likings, but it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to get a feel for it.

CONS;

Speakers; I had recently gotten a new pair of speakers for the monitor, and boy did I need them. The speakers on this monitor are very tinny sounding and lack any kind of power. They're only 2 watts, and they sound exactly like cellphone speakers. This might be a huge deal to people who don't have external speakers or a headset to use.

UPDATED CONS:

No remote controller support; I found in many instances that I would have to physically get up out of bed to lower the volume if it was too loud. (FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS) but this is only a minor problem.

REVOKED CONS;

Washed Out Color - I use to feel like the color was washed out, but I found a solution. I believe the monitor is still too bright, but the ECO setting makes things PERFECT. It lowers the backlight and saturates the colors and makes them look beautiful. The brightness is perfect for all games I play currently and I haven't turned back yet.

FINAL THOUGHTS;

Overall it's a great monitor for the price, even if it is lacking in some respects. I hope this guide was helpful and informative.

6 MONTH UPDATE; I'm updating this review on April 5th, 2014.

Over the past 6 months, I've had nothing but good things to say about this monitor. I have not had any problems with it at all and I use it 7 days a week. Sometimes the monitor is on for 24 hours or more at a time and it's still going strong! I've fixed certain visual problems that took a star away and now I believe this monitor is PERFECT for the price, especially because it's on sale right now! (04/05/14)

Here are my visual settings for a perfect display;

ECO setting;

Sharpness: 1
Color Temperature: R 95 G 93 B 97
AMA: High
Instant Mode: On

Picture Advanced: HDMI RGB PC Range; 0~255
99 comments| 231 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2016
You do what you want when you poppin'
on December 11, 2015
Do you ride indoors? I purchased this monitor for my indoor bicycle training. I'm very happy with my purchase, it makes riding indoors so much more enjoyable.

Although its known as a gaming monitor, my cycling apps (ie Zwift, ReloVeality, Racermate, etc) look marvelous on this monitor. Highly recommend!!!
review image review image
on January 14, 2016
I first heard about gaming monitors a few years ago. I thought "How dumb. Why would you get a tiny monitor when I have this 42 inch TV I can play on instead." Then I started to hear more and more about lag times with big TV's. Out of all the advice I read on how to get better at FPS's, I never heard anything about getting a monitor. Big YouTubers never really mentioned it much. I figured I'd already done everything I could to get better.

I still went into the settings on my TV and switched it to "Game Mode" and turned off all the picture scrubbing options I could find. I figured I had the input lag as low as it could go.

After a lot of frantic browsing, I changed my mind a few days ago and bought this monitor. I went back and fourth in my mind on whether or not I had just wasted 200$ on something I didn't need at all.

The monitor arrived 2 hours ago. It took me 15 min to set everything up. It was really easy to assemble. I plugged it in and fired up my PS4. I booted up Black Ops 3 (the game I've been grinding since it came out) and fired up the online multiplayer. I could instantly tell that the buttons on my controller instantly registered on the screen. The picture was great. Even the speakers were better than I expected.

A few games later and I can say for sure this monitor was worth the money. In the few games I've played I've gotten RAPS, Cerberous, and Talons (High scorestreaks in BO3) more than 4 times each. Normally I struggle desperately to get a care package (Low scorestreak).

Right before I bought this monitor I read a long thread on Reddit from a Destiny player who was calling someone an idiot for buying a monitor for console games. That a monitor wasn't necessary because the human eye can't detect 20ms and that it "literally will be a waste of your money and it won't make a difference." I feel bad for that guy, because when he runs into someone playing on a BenQ, he will be playing them at an immediate disadvantage.

Overall I'm very happy with this monitor. I almost went with a cheaper version of a different brand, but BenQ is a name I've seen around and one that all the pros use so I'm glad now that I went with quality over a cheaper product.

I feel like I'm finally on an even playing field with the better console players out there. I'll update this somewhere down the road, but as of now, I'm very happy with my purchase and with the product
on July 17, 2014
When I first turned on my computer all the text and icons were too big and fuzzy. I was on 1920 x 1080 and all the colors were accurate so I had no idea what to do. Even in game text was blurry! I am running Windows 8.1 so that might be part of the reason. After searching on the internet I found the solution and it was quite an easy fix once I knew what was wrong.
1. Go to the Control Panel
2. Click on "Display"
3. On the right side click "Adjust Resolution"
4.Make sure "Smaller - 100%" is selected.
5. Check the box that says "Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays."
6.Select small
7. Log out of windows and then log back in

That should fix it!
Once I figured that out the monitor is AMAZING. I use it for Battlefield, Bioshock, and other high quality games and it runs them without ghosting.
on November 11, 2015
I've ordered tons of things online before, and this is the first time I feel something I bought deserved a review! So I have been using a 32" tv for my gaming on Xbox for the past few years, and I finally made the move to make a gaming setup. So I bought to play on for my laptop to be mirrored on there and for Xbox mainly for fps games, and wow! Absolutely great! I searched through reviews and reviews trying to find if I should get this, and I just went for it and will never look back! The sound is not the best coming out of the monitor but easily dealt with if you just have a headset to plug into a controller. The display is perfect, the controls are easy and the colors are perfect if you just YouTube the optimal settings for the benq rl2455hm :) seriously if your looking for a gaming setup monitor like I was trust me it's worth the extra $25 compared to other monitors. I only have one monitor now in the picture below but am going to be getting another soon for a setup with a pc build
on December 2, 2015
As a gamer, streamer and other much hobby this monitor is one of the best thing I bought. I highly recommend this monitor to anyone who want a good quality image in their gaming experience. My gaming experience with these monitor is unique. I love the way it looks and the design it has.
on March 22, 2014
Lets be clear, this is a TN panel. TN panels are good at only one thing, handling fast motion. This monitor does everything it is hyped about. I found the Black E Q to be very limited in use. I bought this for response time and 0 input lag. I was able to get the colors set to where they are decent enough for gaming purposes. I would not try to use this for any graphics/photo work or even everyday use. I bought this for the sole purpose of use with an XB1. I play COD, HALO, FIFA, MADDEN, and FORZA exclusively online only, so no delay is important. I have not been disappointed.