Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 18, 2012
I've been using a projector as my main big screen for about 10 years but when I moved from an old house with high ceiling to a new place with a really low ceiling in the basement TV room, I had to find something else. I got this and a nearly flush ceiling mount and it does the trick. I can sit behind the projector rather than having it in the back of the room. I get about a 55 inch screen at only thee feet away. I use it for both cable TV and XBox Kinect games. This is the lowest priced short throw projector I have seen that accepts HDMI cables which is a plus. The only star off is for the volume control. It's not infinitely variable; it just goes up 1,2,3,4 etc. so it his difficult to adjust to the right level for some programs. I will probably run it though an amp to fix this.

Oh yeah it has a "high altitude mode" I've never even heard of that before but since I live at 4,600 feet, I guess I'll give it a try.
on April 26, 2012
Purchased this unit to display a "monitor" for our Church worship team in the back of our sanctuary. Mounted the unit in a small balcony area with a cantilever bracket. Was able to achieve a 100" diagonal (16:9 ratio) image in only 6' of distance. Super bright, lightweight and compact. Only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that the remote only works from the front, so we have to climb up there and turn it on. A bluetooth remote would be sweet...
on October 1, 2014
LOVE IT! I love this projector!!! We have about 30 projectors in our office that we loan to staff for their various presentations but since I present more then most and am in charge of these puppies anyways, I ordered myself a short throw (everyone else gets regulars). This projector has been a life savor on so many occasions where we lacked space for a regular projector. The quality is astounding and in my (maybe 80+) presentations I've given with it (sometimes daily for weeks at a time) I have never once had any kind of mechanical difficulty with this projector. Super reliable! My ONLY gripe with that the remote does not work with my MacBook Air + Adaptor :( That issue is easily remedied, though, by using a wireless mouse as a remote. All in all I highly recommend this projector!
on December 1, 2011
update 11/30/2011

just got it from the ups truck I got it from him he didin't have to get out of the truck. LAMO...LOL !!!...

update 12/3/2011

WOW GOT TO MY HOUSE SO FAST !!!... Just got cant wait to open. I'm useing this with the Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Integrated-Wi-Fi 3D Blu-ray DVD Player ,Apple TV MC572LL/A (NEWEST VERSION) , xfinity hd8300 , Ultra High Performance HDMI Switcher, 3to1 Switch ,Sony HTCT550W 3D Sound Bar Home Theater System with Wireless Subwoofer ,Xpand X102-XP DLP Link Active Shutter 3D Glasses with 2 Batteries, 1 Key and 1 Wipe ,View Sonic 3D HD Video Processor (VP3D1) , all controled by Logitech Harmony One Universal Remote with Color Touchscreen

update 6/4/2012

459 hours and still going strong!!!... The picture quality is excellent for the price it can't be beat. I'm projection on a 120 inch screen from 7'10' away with an aspect ratio of 16:10. The colors are so rich and vibrant I haven't gotten a chance to use the 3D yet because of time. Note* if you are planning to use the 3D feature other that using a computer than you will need the 3D adapter made by viewsonic or optoma. I haven't had any problems with the rainbow effect that other people say they have with other DLP projectors (only if I shake my head left and right really fast *not recommended you could hurt your neck bad) I've owned LCD projectors before and DLP projectors before and DLP is by far the winner. The color produced by DLP projectors is just unbelievable and I will never go back. All and all this is a great buy and if you are looking for a projector that won't break the bank than this is the way to go. I will update when I use the 3D or run into any problems.
on January 17, 2013
I have had the MS612ST for a couple months now - nice unit! I have also owned the BenQ W600 for a year and a half - the latter has a typical throw distance - enabling a 100" display at about 13 ft away, and whilst I love it, I've often been challenged when having to use it in my mobile multimedia business for situations where space is tight. The short throw of the MS612ST has enabled me to get the same size picture when placed exactly half the distance from the screen. Features and quality are good, once you allow for the inevitably more limited screen resolution resulting from its native SVGA spec. It has HDMI in, and will quite reasonably display all input resolutions up to 1080p. It is very bright and further bolstered by 'Brilliant Colour' for a very viewable image with motion video or text/image. With VGA 15 pin in and out connectors, S-Video input, composite video RCA input, audio RCA L+R input, and 1/8" audio in and out, along with internal speaker; and with a USB plus mini USB reader for viewing pictures without a computer, the 612ST has quite an array of features. I find the user interface fairly easy to use for all the huge variety of tunings, configurations and settings except for enabling rear projection, which requires you to be able to read backways to conclude the process from your starting position. All in all, A very good buy for the price!
on January 23, 2013
I own a CrossFit affiliate and we wanted to have a big screen up so our athletes could see the workout of the day from 60+ feet away. I originally bought an Optima projector, but the distance to throw a 10' screen was too far and became very washed out. One of our athletes recommended this projector as an alternative and we couldn't be happier with the results. At the same 2500 lumens, this projector sits at half the distance to the wall which results in a much brighter picture. I also like how fast this unit powers up and down. There is no weird delay after hitting the power button twice where you are not sure if it shut off or not. This one just simply shuts off with no worries that you will be throwing a picture all night while the gym is closed and burning out the bulb.
on March 19, 2013
I got this projetor to use it with my VIP 3D Theater.
Let me tell you something guys!
AMAZING...!!!
With 5000:1 contrast ratio and 2500 lummens. You can't go wrong... even using this as an entry level projector.
The projector is a little bit heavyer than my 3 previous 3LCD projectors from Epson.(Powerlite S1, Powerlite S4, and Powerlite s6+).
I've never had a DLP projector before, so im not sure is the Screen Door Effect is present on all projectors. This one has it.
The contrast ratio is what makes this product a non failer. Images look great. I've only tested on the Ps3.
The 3D in this projector is great!! i love the combination VIP 3D Theater + Benq MS612ST. No flicker. No ghosting, No crosstalk whatsoever. When you put a 3D Blu Ray on the PS3 and you are using the Converter..... it shows the movie in 2D.... To watch 3D you have to Activate de 3D Function on the projector. Nvidia 3D Vision or Frame packed options. Either of those 2 work. i prefer the Nvidia 3D vision option. for me it looks better.
Already Tested. Avengers 3D, Tangled 3D. Amazing Spiderman 3D. Resident Evil Afterlife 3D. All of those movies look great in 3D....besides this product is a Short Throw projector...and i think short throw is the way to go.....im so getting some IMAX movies in 3D.
The 10 W speakers are a nice plus for the MS612ST... Sound is not that great,,, but still you can enjoy playing videogames or watching movies.
The 3D Glasses im using are the Optoma BG-ZF2100GLS, Active Shutter 3D-RF Glasses . from (3D Now..yes not optoma) Those work just fine!! ... zero......YES .. ZERO CROSSTALK / GHOSTING AND NO FLICKER.

So this is the combination im using with the MS612ST...... You wont regret it.....!
on March 14, 2013
We bought this to replace a very old long throw projector for our church sanctuary. The old projector had developed a yellow spot in the middle taking up about 50% of the image, which was more than a little annoying. It was mounted at the back of the sanctuary with roughly 200' to the screen. We needed a special long throw lens that cost more than the projector to use it.

This projector tucks up neatly about 20' from the screen and we get a very large, bright, and clear image that is roughly 12' horizontal.

I have had a couple of small issues. If we turn the projector off then try and turn it back on within a few seconds it gives a Lamp error and the only fix is to unplug it and plug it back in. Also, it is native 800x600 resolution. It works in other resolutions, but I found playing video caused it to behave weird at certain resolutions. I am not sure if this is the laptop or the projector, but the reason we need different resolutions is because we are putting the video onto old CRTs as stage monitors and those require specific resolutions that will divide out into SD broadcast signals. The video would play right on the monitor but not on the projector, so I think it is an issue with certain frequencies and resolutions in the projector.

I did find a good resolution and frequency that worked for the projector and TVs though, it just took a bit of experimentation.
on February 21, 2013
I already have a high-end projector for my home theater, but I wanted something with a short-throw for my man-cave. This little unit is just the ticket. Simple to set up and use and the picture is fantastic for the price. I have it hooked to my computer via HDMI and play DVDs and AVIs using media player. You can't go wrong with this projector.
on March 7, 2013
I do special events every weekend. Now with two projectors that are NOT short throw and now I can throw this in my 'bag of tricks' and never have to worry about screen size and distance.

BTW, I was going to go for the very pricey one, but, for my needs this one is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT.