5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning
Published 8 months ago by Holly Hood

3.0 out of 5 stars Short Throw?
The inverted throw seems to be longer than the right side up throw. The speaker whispers but it generally works well. Love the blackboard feature with the lines.
Published 7 months ago by Sean F Henry

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, January 22, 2014
Holly Hood (Sylvania,Ohio) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BenQ MS616ST Short Throw SVGA Home Theater Projector with HDMI (Electronics)
For anyone looking for a great projector this is the one! The husband and I are impressed in every way. This is a short throw projector, which means you can use it at a closer distance. We have it in our livingroom and it has blew us away. The colors, the quality, it's all so amazing and stunning. The blacks are not dark (The other projector we bought previously had horrible colors and anything dark would not show up, you couldn't see people etc in the dark parts), everything is crisp clear and bright.
We watched a couple blu rays on it already and were just in awe. It is worth every cent. I have no complaints. We will be buying the mount to put it on the ceiling now that we know it's worth it. It's also very quiet, sleek, nice looking and easy to start up. A family member of ours has another top of the line brand and I feel this one is even better quality than that one. Oh and my husband even played his xbox one on it and didn't have any problems. Need to make sure to shut it off when not watching it , that way the bulb can last as long as possible. We even priced the bulbs just in case it ever dies seeing it's in our livingroom and they are under 200 if it ever comes to it. And believe me I would be buying a new bulb!!

*update* My husband posted a youtube video of the projector if anyone wants to see the quality a little better than through the images* [...]

4.0 out of 5 stars great projector, July 12, 2013
Nice and bright. I love the 1:1 throw. So much more flexible than a typical 2:1 business projector. Only reason I don't give it five stars is because the menu navigation gave me a bit of a hassle when I was in a crunch situation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Why have you not bought this! So much better than a TV and great for movies and gaming!, December 4, 2013
Very pleased with this purchase. It arrived yesterday and I hooked it up immediately. I'm running an HDMI cord from it from my PS3. So far the biggest plus I would give this is the amazing price! Secondly, it only weighs six lbs and it's as quiet as a whisper.

The quality is crystal clear and very bright. I tried putting it on the wall and on a projector screen and they both looked great. I played a few video games and watched Netflix with my wife. The image looked like a HD TV and at times we forgot that it was from a projector. The controller that comes with it is nothing to brag about. It's very small and the buttons are hard to push for anyone with big hands but that in no way bothers me with this purchase.

The only reason this doesn't have a five star rating for me is that it's too soon to determine how it lasts with moderate usage. I'll come back and give it another star once I verify it lasts.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PURCHASE!, February 28, 2014
VERY GOOD PICTURE, EASY TO INSTALL AND GET STARTED.
RAN IT TO MY CABLE BOX AND CONNECTED A SOUND BAR TO THE CABLE BOX. PROJECTING ON THE WALL ABOUT A 12 FT PICTURE AND IT STILL VERY CLEAR. ITS NOT A HUGE PROFESSIONAL HOME THEATER, BUT FOR THE MONEY I SPENT, IT'S AWESOME! THE KIDS LOVE IT!
ONLY WISH IT HAD MORE THAN ONE HDMI OUT,..LOOKING TO GET AN HDMI SPLITTER.

3.0 out of 5 stars Short Throw?, February 20, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't let the low price scare you, this projector rocks!!!, December 10, 2013
It's a short throw and such a great price. I now own three of these for my productions and they have not let me down. Projecting to a 9'x12' screen from just a few feet away is simply amazing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Easy, Lightweight, Clear Picture, March 28, 2014
It's a great projector, has clear pictures on a very big screen. I thought I could have been a little closer to the screen, but have to pull it at least 12 feet or better from it...but we're making it work and I like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars BenQ MS616ST Short Throw Projector, March 22, 2014
Ordered this for my wife who will be using it to do professional presentations. It has lots of hookups in the back although I purchased it partly because of the HDMI port (you may want to buy an HDMI cable if you get this projector. I got mine on Amazon for $5.00). Although not a full HD projector, it has a great picture and works seemlessly with the Windows notebook computer I also bought for my wife to use for her presentations. It has a clear lens cover which is attached by a short cord. I tend to forget to take it off and then wonder why the picture is so bad (I've got old eyes!) so remember to take it off. The bulb gives off a great deal of heat and the fan is on the loud side. I swear I could heat my living room with this thing if my furnace went out. It has an eco mode and the keystone feature works great. You can't go wrong with this projector. My wife and I love it. We are planning to make our own little outdoor theater this summer and will use it when we throw our stargazing parties. We have not tested it in 3D yet. When I do, I will follow up on this review.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastix, March 10, 2014
I was worried from the reviews of all other projectors that suggested the fan would be too loud or the picture wouldn't be clear, but that is not an issue with this one!! I was shocked to see how big the projection was, and even more shocked when I saw how loud the volume could go. this was a great investment!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Performance, January 7, 2014
I bought this for home theater/gaming use. And it is excellent. Very convenient input/output options, and great customizable settings for the best picture quality.

Rated 4 stars because this was advertized as a 'wireless streaming' projector; however; you need to purchase your own usb wifi dongle to enable that option.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›