Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: BenQ MS616ST Short Throw SVGA Home Theater Projector with HDMI
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 12, 2013
Nice and bright. I love the 1:1 throw. So much more flexible than a typical 2:1 business projector. Only reason I don't give it five stars is because the menu navigation gave me a bit of a hassle when I was in a crunch situation.
on March 22, 2014
Ordered this for my wife who will be using it to do professional presentations. It has lots of hookups in the back although I purchased it partly because of the HDMI port (you may want to buy an HDMI cable if you get this projector. I got mine on Amazon for $5.00). Although not a full HD projector, it has a great picture and works seemlessly with the Windows notebook computer I also bought for my wife to use for her presentations. It has a clear lens cover which is attached by a short cord. I tend to forget to take it off and then wonder why the picture is so bad (I've got old eyes!) so remember to take it off. The bulb gives off a great deal of heat and the fan is on the loud side. I swear I could heat my living room with this thing if my furnace went out. It has an eco mode and the keystone feature works great. You can't go wrong with this projector. My wife and I love it. We are planning to make our own little outdoor theater this summer and will use it when we throw our stargazing parties. We have not tested it in 3D yet. When I do, I will follow up on this review.
on December 4, 2013
Very pleased with this purchase. It arrived yesterday and I hooked it up immediately. I'm running an HDMI cord from it from my PS3. So far the biggest plus I would give this is the amazing price! Secondly, it only weighs six lbs and it's as quiet as a whisper.

The quality is crystal clear and very bright. I tried putting it on the wall and on a projector screen and they both looked great. I played a few video games and watched Netflix with my wife. The image looked like a HD TV and at times we forgot that it was from a projector. The controller that comes with it is nothing to brag about. It's very small and the buttons are hard to push for anyone with big hands but that in no way bothers me with this purchase.

The only reason this doesn't have a five star rating for me is that it's too soon to determine how it lasts with moderate usage. I'll come back and give it another star once I verify it lasts.
on February 17, 2014
Very impressed with the display quality of this projector night or day, even when bright 4' LED lights on in room @ night the picture quality is just amazing. Have a PS4 hooked up to it, and it's really beautiful. The picture quality is not polished or glossy looking like the Phillips 42" 1080P HDTV I have for a few years but it looks clean & crisp. Will recommend this to anyone who's looking for a great projector for movies, games and presentations etc.
on March 25, 2014
My first projector and I must say I'm loving it. I'm amazed at the picture quality of this projector, I specifically got this purposely just for watching movies, I'm a big movie buff so I wanted to have that movie theater feel in my own comfort home and this delivered at a short distance. From about 8ft away I'm getting 120'' of a beautiful picture just as good as the movie theater picture quality. Compare to higher end models I'm sure there's a slight better picture quality but I wasn't willing to spend that much yet on my first projector, I have no complaint because this delivered above my expectation and the unit is very quiet especially in Eco mode which is great feature. Overall two thumbs up for this projector and seller for a great deal on price and getting this to me in prime time on a 3-5 business day expected delivery. I highly recommend this to all looking for inexpensive,short throw,great picture quality projector. LOVE BenQ!!!
on February 28, 2014
VERY GOOD PICTURE, EASY TO INSTALL AND GET STARTED.
RAN IT TO MY CABLE BOX AND CONNECTED A SOUND BAR TO THE CABLE BOX. PROJECTING ON THE WALL ABOUT A 12 FT PICTURE AND IT STILL VERY CLEAR. ITS NOT A HUGE PROFESSIONAL HOME THEATER, BUT FOR THE MONEY I SPENT, IT'S AWESOME! THE KIDS LOVE IT!
ONLY WISH IT HAD MORE THAN ONE HDMI OUT,..LOOKING TO GET AN HDMI SPLITTER.
on April 29, 2014
Very bright, even in economy mode. Excellent images and resolution. I used to project to a 15 x 9' wall at such a short distance that I became impressed. Doesn't get too hot either. And also got it at an excellent price...
on November 24, 2015
I purchased this item less that 1 year ago and have used it less than 50 hours, it has already began giving me problems! First and foremost the bulb continues to overheat which causes the projector to stay on for less than 1 minute then automatically shut off. Even though I have only had this item less that a year I cant return it back to amazon and the manufacturer can only provide phone support. WOW! Phone support!!!
on January 7, 2014
I bought this for home theater/gaming use. And it is excellent. Very convenient input/output options, and great customizable settings for the best picture quality.

Rated 4 stars because this was advertized as a 'wireless streaming' projector; however; you need to purchase your own usb wifi dongle to enable that option.
on August 15, 2014
I bought this for a special production at my community theater. It was a production on our backstage which doesn't have a lot of room for rear projection. This 'Short Throw' projector did the job perfectly. In addition to being able to set this up in a relatively small space for large projection (9' X 6') it projects a bright and clear image. Love it!