5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, September 6, 2013
This review is from: BenQ MX520 3000 Lumen XGA SmartEco 3D DLP Projector (Office Product)
I really like this projector. It has a very good HD picture. The picture quality is a little less crisp then my 1080p TV. The projector has a 768p as far as I have read. The sound is good. You can use a computer on this projector, and a free computer cable is included in the box. It comes with a remote with free batteries. There is an a/v hookup and an s-video hookup. There is a mini USB hookup as well. I am only using a BLU ray player with my projector. Tip: make sure to use a High Speed HDMI cable if you are using the HDMI input. There is an audio input and output, also. Just to be technical, it is classified as a business projector. I don't see any difference with this. I bought the Viewsonic PJD5134 which is somewhat cheaper and sent it in for a refund. It was classified for home cinema. This BENQ projector is a much better quality. The picture quality is much better then the Viewsonic.
The first movie I plan on watching is The Fast and the Furious on Blu Ray. Over the week, I will watch 2-5 in this series. I have already watched a couple of scenes of the aforementioned, and it is very good picture quality.
When you first turn on this projector, it takes a bit for the lamp to heat up before the picture to appear. After you turn it off, wait a couple of minutes to turn it back on. There is a manual focus and zoom. Tip: Adjust the zoom first until you get the size you want then adjust the focus. When you clean the lens, you have to put pressure on it to wipe it. Use a lens cloth. After you clean it, it will look blurred. This is only because pushing in on the lens knocks it out of focus. You have to re-focus it after every cleaning. Remember that the focus just moves the lens forwards and backwards. This is the way any manual zoom projectors are. Most of the ones here that I have seen are that way. You can ask questions by responding to this comment, and I will try to answer soon.

It, also, has 3D. :D

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price!, December 25, 2013
Great so far!! Good picture and well worth the money.. Easy to set up! Using outdoors on our portch, hopefully bulb will last .

5.0 out of 5 stars Great great projector, November 21, 2013
This is my first projector and I am very happy with it. The color and brightness is very very good. It displays even during bright daylight situations. I would highly recommend this projector. I only use this for movies, but I don't think there would be any problem with a gaming situation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best buy ever!!!, April 24, 2014
This is a great projector, many different setup possibilities, 3d, great picture definition and a great sound as well which was a pleasant surprise. Doesnt support direct USBs but still a great buy.

BenQ MX520 3000 Lumen XGA SmartEco 3D DLP Projector
$699.00 $599.76
In stock. Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.
Rate and Discover Movies