5.0 out of 5 stars Best resolution and light output, September 24, 2013
This review is from: BenQ SH940 High Brightness 1080p DLP Projector (Electronics)
I have seen dozens of the BenQ projectors from the SP890 series to this unit. They have a great Lumen output, and the resolution is outstanding for the price. I haven't found a better projector to date that is in the price range with the warranty provided. These are basicly the SP890 but the original SP890s had ballast issues that after several months would start blowing bulbs before they should. The firmware revision to this unit corrected the lockup issues seen on the SP890 as well. I have tested about 30 of the SP890s over 2 years and now these are being tested at 2 sites with no problems yet.
NOTE: ALWAYS REMEMBER TO KEEP WELL VENTILATED. Never place hot projectors in small spaces, bulbs do blow up and can cause fires.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic image, November 14, 2013
We purchased 10 of these and have 4 in use 24/7. They are positioned 32' from the viewing wall and are 12' off the ground (our wall is 2 stories high). We went with this model specifically because of it's "long throw" capability. We had 1st tried a different brand of projector, but couldn't get our image small enough due to the 32' distance. With this model, at 32' from the wall, we can get the image as small as 8' (horizontal). Have not had a single issue and they have been in use for approx 5 months now. The remaining projectors have since been allocated for use in conference rooms due to their crisp and bright image capability. It is a sizeable unit... make sure you have a sturdy surface or mount.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly Bright, Working Great in Bright Room with Huge Window., January 23, 2014
I installed this BenQ SH940 as a home theatre projector for my exercise room so I can watch movies and tv while working out. My concern was that the room has a huge south-facing sliding glass door that takes direct sunlight through much of the day, and the wall I'm projecting onto is next to a hall with windows as well. So it is in a bright room with regular direct sunlight. I did not want to have to black-out or even put curtains on the windows.

The BenQ SH940 works perfectly, it is so bright that I can see it during a bright day and it looks incredible at night. I am projecting straight onto a wall without a screen, so as you can tell, my room is far from optimal for a projector. Nevertheless, my projector is excelling. I am glad that I spent the extra money to get the 940 over the other BenQ's that aren't as bright nor have as much of a contrast.

On a side-note, at the time of purchase, the comparative tables on Amazon that show the various BenQ projectors were not all accurate. It shows at this time that the SH910 has a 1:50,000 contrast ratio equivalent to the SH940. They both are 4000 lumes however. Basically this means that they will both be bright but the darks will be darker on the SH940, which is very noticeable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright with a high resolution, December 7, 2013
I purchased this for an office conference room. I wanted to keep the lights on while the projector was in use. Works great and the resolution is fantastic. The Lens Shift feature was important for our layout.

BenQ SH940 High Brightness 1080p DLP Projector